301 replies to this topic

#286 mk3 Cooper S

mk3 Cooper S

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,569 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 11:24 PM

Was a nice day, loved the Italian Job minis and the mini limo! Shame entry wasnt free *cough* :- . Saw the Tmf stand, it all looked smart with the banner and gazebo thing....but far too shy to say hello. I really liked shiftyseamus's Poo! And I recognised that nice cream mpi mini from the mini mag buyers guide (with a little help from a well placed magazine might I add!).

Heres a few of my pics from the day, sorry about the out of focusness, I tried!.....

Posted Image

thats my dads 73 and dont worry that door is coming off for paint this weekend! and just behind it is my red thrasher, which isnt as rubbish as it looks lol. notice our matching wheels, both sets are actually mine, but the ones on his are on loan lol, if i had a pound for every time someone asked me about them, must have been about ten people just when we sat down for our dinner!

LOL.
That would have been me then!!!

I had the Orange 1971 mk3 parked sort of opposite yours against the wall

#287 OJM

OJM

Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 11:26 PM

We got there about 11:00 (last minute decision), so wasn't parked in the main bulk of Minis. We were the only Monte Carlo though (only ever seen one other), so I'm hoping we might be able to get onto a TMF stand at another event...rare model and all that! What do people reckon? :-

#288 CharlieBrown

CharlieBrown

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,587 posts
  • Local Club: TMF

Posted 30 October 2008 - 10:00 AM

Jack:

Did you happen to buy the rear beam axel from a large chappy with a gotie beard?

it was yes, why that???, seemed to be an alryt guy, couldnt try harder to explain how to fit it

Well as has been said the chap you bought it off is The Stig off this forum and the Axel was actually mine. So cheers for buying it. Funny that someone of the forum got it, at least its going to a good home. And no, I wouldn’t have taken any less for it, lol.

Hope you can get the brackets sorted easy enough.

Charlie

#289 mini-man-dan

mini-man-dan

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,684 posts
  • Local Club: J19 Mini Owners Club

Posted 30 October 2008 - 11:08 AM

We got there about 11:00 (last minute decision), so wasn't parked in the main bulk of Minis. We were the only Monte Carlo though (only ever seen one other), so I'm hoping we might be able to get onto a TMF stand at another event...rare model and all that! What do people reckon? :cry:

Bet my bro's is rarer :P . It's a Jet Black, but it's white :- :P . Didn't see another Jet Black there anyway, but I wonder if it's the only Jet White Black, Black, White, thing in the country... maybe even world... :(

#290 OJM

OJM

Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 01:08 PM

Get it on a stand!

#291 gibba

gibba

South East Manager and TMF's one eye

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,317 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 03:08 PM

We got there about 11:00 (last minute decision), so wasn't parked in the main bulk of Minis. We were the only Monte Carlo though (only ever seen one other), so I'm hoping we might be able to get onto a TMF stand at another event...rare model and all that! What do people reckon? :cry:

Bet my bro's is rarer :( . It's a Jet Black, but it's white :- :dontgetit: . Didn't see another Jet Black there anyway, but I wonder if it's the only Jet White Black, Black, White, thing in the country... maybe even world... :P

Any piccies? :P

#292 mini-man-dan

mini-man-dan

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • 2,684 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 04:12 PM

We got there about 11:00 (last minute decision), so wasn't parked in the main bulk of Minis. We were the only Monte Carlo though (only ever seen one other), so I'm hoping we might be able to get onto a TMF stand at another event...rare model and all that! What do people reckon? :dontgetit:

Bet my bro's is rarer :P . It's a Jet Black, but it's white ;D :dozing: . Didn't see another Jet Black there anyway, but I wonder if it's the only Jet White Black, Black, White, thing in the country... maybe even world... :dozing:

Any piccies? :rolleyes:

It's the white one in my pics on page 19! The one without the grill, but may soon have one!
Also take a look at:
The Jet White Black

Edited by digi-cars.piczo.com, 30 October 2008 - 06:16 PM.

#293 OJM

OJM

Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 06:55 PM

Looks sweet!

PS - 1500 Jet Blacks were made but only 200 Monte Carlos (140 in red, 60 in black) ;D

#294 Jack Jones

Jack Jones

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 617 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 11:42 PM

Well as has been said the chap you bought it off is The Stig off this forum and the Axel was actually mine. So cheers for buying it. Funny that someone of the forum got it, at least its going to a good home. And no, I wouldn’t have taken any less for it, lol.

Hope you can get the brackets sorted easy enough.

Charlie

charlie,
what other carbon bits does stig happen to sell do you know please
thanks,
jack

#295 mini-man-dan

mini-man-dan

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • 2,684 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 10:45 AM

Looks sweet!

PS - 1500 Jet Blacks were made but only 200 Monte Carlos (140 in red, 60 in black) ;)

Lol ok, you win! ;)
:ph34r:

#296 cradley-heathen

cradley-heathen

Metro-Man

• Traders
  • 2,481 posts
  • Local Club: spearmint rhino

Posted 09 November 2008 - 02:20 PM

We got there about 11:00 (last minute decision), so wasn't parked in the main bulk of Minis. We were the only Monte Carlo though (only ever seen one other), so I'm hoping we might be able to get onto a TMF stand at another event...rare model and all that! What do people reckon? :ermm:

Bet my bro's is rarer :dozing: . It's a Jet Black, but it's white =] :sneaky: . Didn't see another Jet Black there anyway, but I wonder if it's the only Jet White Black, Black, White, thing in the country... maybe even world... :teehee:

im not being funny but i thought you were suggesting it was a factory job in white? when i looked at your pics i saw you painted it white yourselves, in that case my brother probably had the only AA yellow mini advantage, and i must have the only multicoloured mini mayfair where one side has faded more then the other in the sun, now thats rare!

#297 cradley-heathen

cradley-heathen

Metro-Man

• Traders
  • 2,481 posts
  • Local Club: spearmint rhino

Posted 09 November 2008 - 02:22 PM

Was a nice day, loved the Italian Job minis and the mini limo! Shame entry wasnt free *cough* =] . Saw the Tmf stand, it all looked smart with the banner and gazebo thing....but far too shy to say hello. I really liked shiftyseamus's Poo! And I recognised that nice cream mpi mini from the mini mag buyers guide (with a little help from a well placed magazine might I add!).

Heres a few of my pics from the day, sorry about the out of focusness, I tried!.....

Posted Image

thats my dads 73 and dont worry that door is coming off for paint this weekend! and just behind it is my red thrasher, which isnt as rubbish as it looks lol. notice our matching wheels, both sets are actually mine, but the ones on his are on loan lol, if i had a pound for every time someone asked me about them, must have been about ten people just when we sat down for our dinner!

LOL.
That would have been me then!!!

I had the Orange 1971 mk3 parked sort of opposite yours against the wall

yeah i spotted that car, looked great!

#298 miniman retford

miniman retford

Most Definitely Not Beer Powered....

• Members
  • 3,553 posts
  • Local Club: Lincs ford group

Posted 09 November 2008 - 02:54 PM

Just got round to adding my pics from the show =]
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Oh no not them again :teehee: Alex thought shiftys head was a lollipop :ermm:
Posted Image
Shifty got WOOD :dozing:
Posted Image

Edited by miniman retford, 09 November 2008 - 03:03 PM.

#299 Shifty

Shifty

Sponsored by Fosters (tm)

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,128 posts
  • Name: Sean
  • Local Club: TMF

Posted 09 November 2008 - 03:09 PM

I forgot about the wood picture!!!

Ah happy memories, bring on the next show season!!!

#300 alexcrosse

alexcrosse

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 09 November 2008 - 03:30 PM

shifty if you were 34 years old that sign would be even more hillarious!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users