452 replies to this topic

#331 hatchet

hatchet

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 26 July 2004 - 08:57 PM

Tut tut Ali, didn't you attend the angle grinding course at work??

The kit looks very nice, and old smurfy is coming along nicely too! Lets hope you don't find much more brown stuff!!

C U later.

'ABBO'

#332 F1 Mini

F1 Mini

1 Gold star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 583 posts

Posted 27 July 2004 - 09:31 PM

I know you probably won't see this till your return, but why can't you just put an empty CV in the hub instead of cutting it down?

If you cant get the joint out by pelting it (which usually works) then get a three legged puller from somewhere to drive it out, or take it to a local engineer. A 10 ton bench press will sort it.

Just say that to Colin Chapman..... He'd turn in his grave..... Get rid of as much weight as possable...

Well it looks as if I've missed alot while on my Hol's, the Kit does look great, that Metalic Blue Paint is just so Sexy....

#333 rob mini

rob mini

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 27 July 2004 - 09:48 PM

Looks like its coming along nicely

rob

#334 Woody

Woody

Ring Runner 2005

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,763 posts

Posted 28 July 2004 - 05:58 AM

The MGF uses an empty CV on the front hub , this is not cut down or even machined inside, but less weight is better ,especialy unsprung .

#335 F1 Mini

F1 Mini

1 Gold star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 583 posts

Posted 28 July 2004 - 09:47 AM

Typical Rover cheapscates. Theres a tip for all MGF owners there then....

#336 Alburglar

Alburglar

Das Pingu's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,331 posts
  • Local Club: Kentish Mini Club

Posted 01 August 2004 - 11:46 AM

I know you probably won't see this till your return, but why can't you just put an empty CV in the hub instead of cutting it down?

If you cant get the joint out by pelting it (which usually works) then get a three legged puller from somewhere to drive it out, or take it to a local engineer. A 10 ton bench press will sort it.

I will be using the empty cv for time being but have already got the cut down items so might as well use em.

and would a flywheel puller do it?

#337 Alburglar

Alburglar

Das Pingu's

• Members
  • 3,331 posts

Posted 01 August 2004 - 11:48 AM

Tut tut Ali, didn't you attend the angle grinding course at work??

The kit looks very nice, and old smurfy is coming along nicely too! Lets hope you don't find much more brown stuff!!

C U later.

'ABBO'

Oi ABBO!

#338 Dom

Dom

Moved Into The Mazda

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,685 posts

Posted 01 August 2004 - 04:54 PM

nearly finished ali? you have under 6 days to go

#339 rallysportreplicas

rallysportreplicas

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 01 August 2004 - 09:04 PM

we use the R1 engine in a lot of our work as we use it in our race cars we actually have dealership rights and backing for the championship from Yamaha. the main advantage with this engine is its oil system it does not need to be dry sumped only sump baffles need adding.
we have two conversions for the Ri mini not on the market yet as we finish them fully before launch.
the FWD version reused part of the mini gear box and fits with no major mods.
our rear wheel drive version uses our own differential a very clever bit of kit with inbuilt reversing box and changable drop gears for 3.1 to 4.1 diff ratios in .1 steps this box was designed by Graham Hatherway and is for our compertion cars so its to very high standards and cost just over £3k but it has complete changability of ratios in under 10 mins in car changable ramp angles in the diff and adjustable plates to so we can set the way the diff tightens on acceleration and then it loosens under decel stops the rear trying to launch you into the corner.
best way of making a reverse for bike stuff is too use a car starter motor onto a small drive flange we found in the past smashing a sierra box apart got us a gear that fitted in the drive chain easily itll cost you about £100 to do it (needs to be machined as its toughend steel in the gears)
hope that helps
james

#340 Alburglar

Alburglar

Das Pingu's

• Members
  • 3,331 posts

Posted 01 August 2004 - 09:20 PM

nearly finished ali? you have under 6 days to go

we'll see where I am with it at the end of tuesday dom. It should be fairly self evident if it will be road worthy by then.

If my luck is out then I will take the clio to SMD and hope they let me in with it.

#341 Alburglar

Alburglar

Das Pingu's

• Members
  • 3,331 posts

Posted 01 August 2004 - 09:26 PM

Hi there James,
Thanks for the info but I have sourced all my bits and reverse is fitted. Your box and reverse sounds awesome tho. I'm sure F1 mini (clive) will want a chat with you about it for his busa car.

This is a coincidence because I was on your website for the first time today because I heard about the hawke mini sprints you've got. I even put a thread on here, titled "oh my god" with a link to your site on it.

Where on earth did you get them from?

#342 rallysportreplicas

rallysportreplicas

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 01 August 2004 - 09:56 PM

i was in ireland at our race meeting and got drinking the black stuff started arguing with a guy about his 150 mph mini! told me it was a sprint and he had six more!
so i sobered up and bought them!
will be about 6/10 weeks before they clear customs and get here but ive sold half on refundable deposits already. ive come across 3 more in holland and agreed to buy them due to the response.
heres a pic of the diff/box we make

Attached Files

#343 rallysportreplicas

rallysportreplicas

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 01 August 2004 - 09:59 PM

also i can supply a sprocket, centre and starter motor, a revese kit (youll need to make your own brackets to fit the motor see the bike bit ive posted in the projects section

#344 Dom

Dom

Moved Into The Mazda

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,685 posts

Posted 02 August 2004 - 07:33 AM

If my luck is out then I will take the clio to SMD and hope they let me in with it.

they will let you park it in the public car park but not at the hop farm itself

#345 F1 Mini

F1 Mini

1 Gold star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 583 posts

Posted 02 August 2004 - 09:46 AM

also i can supply a sprocket centre and starter motor, a revese kit (youll need to make your own brackets to fit the motor see the bike bit ive posted in the projects section

Sorry don't quite understand this ? Whats a Sprocket centre ?
Cheers

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users