#31 big ears

big ears

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts
  • Local Club: oldham mini club

Posted 16 August 2008 - 02:35 PM

Right this is the final update for you people as, well the car is completly finished being painted :)
My mate decided to postpone the start of his holiday just so he could get it all painted for me so it has 2 weeks to harden so thank you very much for that Rick, really appreciate it.
Im really impressed with the colour and how its turned out its gonna hardly need any flatting as its turned out really smooth.

Posted Image
Just look at that colour its nice >_<

Posted Image

Posted Image
Close up of the paint, you can just see the pearl affect

Posted Image

Ive got more pics but dont wanan bore you with them all haha, hope you like the colour, the roof will be painted when hes back from his hols

you will know me i talked to you, rick your dad or scooby doo in june ,car looks great im hoping rick can paint mine well 2 of them, my mate can paint but a not a proper job.He never keys in and buffs when he is done. I was in red 72 mini .Anyway i bought loom off rick and some t**t ruined it ive got another one now fed Ive through all wires etc.But its a loom that is differnt due to verto and pre verto .Do you still go to him on wed night he invited me but i have not had any time lately

#32 Southy

Southy

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,579 posts
  • Local Club: Oldham and Distrcit Mini Club

Posted 16 August 2008 - 04:43 PM

Hey yeah i remember you Steven, Im sure Rick will be willing to paint your car, along with half of the Mini Club haha.They all want bits of work doing and resprays since they saw his garage the other month.
Hope you manage to get your car sorted and the wiring loom all mint, your car was a nice tidy motor and had a bit of poke aswell with that 1380 in it .
Yeah we still do the work on wednesday night work on anything from Mini's, any car, bikes and trikes.

#33 mk1leg

mk1leg

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,341 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Club Jersey, MCR

Posted 16 August 2008 - 05:55 PM

Thats a stunning paint job should look real nice when put together well done..................... >_<

#34 Southy

Southy

• Members
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 16 August 2008 - 06:19 PM

Cheers for that Mk1leg im well impressed with how its turned out and was so excited about the sun today i decided to go find the local ford garage to see the ST in the sun but couldnt find it in orange only had it in blue or white >_<

#35 monkey

monkey

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
  • Local Club: Diss Mini Club

Posted 17 August 2008 - 07:53 AM

That looks wiked!!! I kinda like the roof as well how it is now, kinda looks kool the way it fades from orange to black ;D (by the way, i know its not painted - just looks a good effect)

#36 markaboot

markaboot

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 723 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 09:22 AM

that looks lush.
hope my paint comes out as good as that.

#37 miniEgg

miniEgg

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts
  • Local Club: westcountryminis

Posted 22 August 2008 - 09:50 AM

for the roof if your going black, Ford ash black has a metal flake in it, would look good.

#38 Southy

Southy

• Members
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 04:05 PM

Thanks very much for your replies people, for the roof im just going for a base black with a mint green pearl over the top which will make the black give a lot more depth but will give the roof a kind of dark BRG kind of tint in the sun light, or so im led to believe from the paint shop which i spoke to....they have been right about everything else so cant seem them being wrong about this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users