Jump to content


Community Status Updates


Photo

SecretSugar

Don't you just love brain dead drivers what cause serious life threatening crashes on motorways!
Aug 24 2013 08:14 PM
  • 'Chop''s Photo
    'Chop'
    I think anyone that has a collision whilst eating a chocolate bar, should be banned for life, have their car crushed and given custodian sentence for wasting sweet confectionaries and I should have the choccy, because I've just walked up to the village shop to get a Mars bar and they were closed :-( Need chocolate.....

    Aug 25 2013 12:10 PM
  • TehMarchant's Photo
    TehMarchant
    Best reply ever chop,but ehem. This is still a serious matter.

    Aug 25 2013 12:53 PM
  • SecretSugar's Photo
    SecretSugar
    To make matters worst, the lorry driver what caused the crash pretended to be hurt, then got out of the van, walked around ringing people and as soon as the ambulance and police were near, he jumped back in his lorry and was hurt again...grrrr
    Aug 25 2013 01:59 PM
Photo

rhys-89

Been working on my mk1 shell near ready for paint! :D
Aug 24 2013 08:14 PM
  • silve1999's Photo
    silve1999
    awesome, looking forward to seeing it. you gonna stick with original colours? :)
    Aug 25 2013 07:11 AM
  • rhys-89's Photo
    rhys-89
    Yes keeping it all as original as poss still got original engine and interior - the carpets
    May 09 2014 06:20 AM
Photo

lyndseyp27

So, electrician 'fixed' my electrics again. Now my high beams will work when flashed, but won't stay on. Any advice what to check?
Aug 24 2013 05:23 PM
  • minirage's Photo
    minirage
    This electrician sounds a bit of a fool, where's he based?
    Aug 25 2013 09:33 AM
  • lyndseyp27's Photo
    lyndseyp27
    I shall have another look today - not sorted yet, not sure what I'm doing but ill give it a go. Ill try another indicator stalk today to see if that works, if not ill look for this slam panel you mention :)
    He's a nightmare electrician! (He's a mechanic who said he was amazing with electrics for minis...) names mark from mj mobile mechanic (although he has a unit now).
    Aug 25 2013 10:10 AM
  • lyndseyp27's Photo
    lyndseyp27
    In pelsall, Walsall way.
    Aug 25 2013 10:10 AM
Photo

tomb1992

pay some on to fit a 1275 or just mod my 998 for road and sprint mini :/??
Aug 24 2013 02:12 PM
  • tomb1992's Photo
    tomb1992
    don't really have the tools and know how. never done a swap/ performance mods on a project besides services :/
    Aug 24 2013 04:14 PM
  • miniman24's Photo
    miniman24
    If you have the means to lift the engine out of the car, an engine change is one of the easier jobs on a Mini :D
    Aug 24 2013 05:15 PM
  • HarrysMini's Photo
    HarrysMini
    You don't need an engine crane; Support with wood/bricks and unbolt the subby, then just get a mate to help you lift the shell over the engine. Obviously disconnect anything connected to the engine first.
    Aug 24 2013 05:58 PM
Photo

baakafish

Pulling to the left
Aug 24 2013 08:50 AM
Photo

Carlsmini

Cone filter and correct needle fitted. Carb precisely tuned and now car feels and sounds great :)! Surprised by the difference
Aug 24 2013 06:09 AM
Photo

MiniMan1996

In need of a new engine block. Kind of broke the threads when torquing the head down. Would like to just put a bike engine in instead, but the price is kind of a downer.
Aug 24 2013 02:01 AM
  • MiniMan1996's Photo
    MiniMan1996
    Can I do that with a tap and dye set or do I need to buy a special tool?
    Aug 29 2013 10:37 PM
  • Domneon's Photo
    Domneon
    You need to get the thread size and then search for the right Helicoil set. It consists of an over sized drill bit, over sized tap, thread inserts and insertion tool. You have to be careful so if you don't have the confidence then get a machine shop to do it. Cheaper than buying a new block
    Aug 29 2013 10:52 PM
  • MiniMan1996's Photo
    MiniMan1996
    Well Im at college at the moment, and we basically have a workshop with every tool needed. So Ill go back to college and see what I can do, because need be Ill get my tutor to give me a hand and for free. So definitely a lot cheaper. Cheers mate, appreciate it
    Aug 31 2013 10:46 PM
Photo

medicalgradenitrous

yay my welder has arrived, without the gun though :(
Aug 23 2013 09:57 PM
Photo

'Chop'

1/3 of my headlining made :)
Aug 23 2013 09:36 PM
Photo

Wise Old Elf

Thinking of buying a Bini from my boss. Not really my thing but low mileage and nice red leather interior!
Locked Status Aug 23 2013 05:50 PM
  • jaydee's Photo
    jaydee
    1hr and no one still noticed..
    On a mini forum they should have pointed out that.
    Aug 23 2013 08:07 PM
  • TehMarchant's Photo
    TehMarchant
    Doesn't affect me jaydee, mine is a '78 :)
    Aug 23 2013 08:41 PM
  • 100ev8's Photo
    100ev8
    its just a car ! what difference does the name make ?
    Aug 23 2013 08:49 PM
Photo

Hrimfaxi

Driving behind an original Fiat 500 earlier, that was cool.
Aug 23 2013 04:43 PM
  • robminibcy's Photo
    robminibcy
    I followed one once. Was so nice to feel really big and powerful for a change!
    Aug 23 2013 06:29 PM
  • Hrimfaxi's Photo
    Hrimfaxi
    Only opportunity to "Lord it up" in a Mini haha. This 500 didn't hang about though!
    Aug 23 2013 06:43 PM
Photo

jsiggee

Hopefuly get Mary back next weekend looking all shiny, rust and dent free! :D
Aug 23 2013 03:32 PM
Photo

adampat84

MOT Tomorrow!! Aghhhhhh!!
Aug 23 2013 01:56 PM
  • RWRio93's Photo
    RWRio93
    mine is on tuesday... good luck!
    Aug 23 2013 07:56 PM
Photo

IainStallard

Hate road surface dressing. Tar and stones are no substitute for proper tarmac!
Aug 23 2013 01:23 PM
  • sledgehammer's Photo
    sledgehammer
    good for stone chips

    Aug 23 2013 02:07 PM
  • IainStallard's Photo
    IainStallard
    I hate the fact that I'm crawling along at less than 20mph trying to avoid stones flicking up, and then some enormous range rover comes storming along the other way, throwing stones everywhere!
    Aug 23 2013 02:14 PM
  • jsiggee's Photo
    jsiggee
    Complain to the council. Probably won't get anywhere but its always good to have a moan!
    Aug 23 2013 03:31 PM
Photo

MiniMaly

9 days until I set off to travel the world - no mini but I will be living in a campervan for the 1st 2 months in Australia!!!
Aug 23 2013 11:52 AM
  • feeenix14's Photo
    feeenix14
    awesome, i did the same thing a few years back, started in sydney drove all the way down the great ocean road round to melbourne adelaide and up all the way to ayers rock !! unforgettable. if you are into cars then try and get to the batthurst race track, they have a good museum and its free to go around the track, but bear in mind that cornering hard in a campervan will usually mean pots and pans everywhere
    Aug 23 2013 03:27 PM
  • MiniMaly's Photo
    MiniMaly
    That's the same route as we're doing! I doubt I'll take the van on track as I don't want to shed out loads on insurance if it breaks! Although I hear there's a massive drift scene in New Zealnd so I'll get involved in that when I get there!!
    Aug 30 2013 01:21 PM