joe_m

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,240 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 09:05 PM

seen as there is one for the MTB's of us,
Why should we miss out!?

i have 1 road bike ( geting a new one at christmas and am making a fixed speed city bike :crazy: )
shal gets pictas tomorow

what do you ride>?
average speed?
and how far!?

ohh and are you in a club :(

Go road bikes!

#2 AzMaN

AzMaN

Speeding Along Now

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 457 posts
  • Local Club: BMC

Posted 08 October 2008 - 09:41 PM

I use mine for work in the summer, 10miles each way. its a Barracuda Azzurri, not a top spec but i dont intend to race it, just to use it to keep fit :crazy:

average speed 15mph (max of 27 on a nice straight bit of road on the way to work)

no club, just mates to ride with :(

#3 joe_m

joe_m

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,240 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 09:49 PM

thats good.
on my own i do about 16 average.
with a group its anything upto 21-22.

because you brake the wind for each other ( not not like that ! )
haha
very good!

#4 tom crits

tom crits

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 100 posts
  • Local Club: minis unlimited

Posted 08 October 2008 - 10:35 PM

I have an Orbea. Well it is the brothers but he is at uni and has been for years! So I like to call it mine!

Carbon everything, Forks, bars, seatpost. All that jazz!

Mines just a toy really. Use too use it to ride to school on, now for college. 12 miles there. I average about 16 i think. The boys down at the local bike shop are averaging about 22 or something stupid like that!

#5 stardude

stardude

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,457 posts
  • Local Club: hilltop mini's

Posted 09 October 2008 - 08:24 AM

i have a 'Giant TCR Team Hybrid Road Racing Bike' now thats a mouthfull :( with carbon this carbon that

it goes like a bullet. i used to average bout 20mph but now its about 17 because im lazy :crazy: although my top speed was 43, down a hill, and that scared the bejesus out of me!! wont be doing that again for a while!

at the moment i just use it in my free time, i set myself a distance and a time and go for it!!
before i went to uni, me and my friend used to see how far we could get in a day, camp up and then come back the next day. was great fun.Posted Image

#6 joe_m

joe_m

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,240 posts

Posted 09 October 2008 - 03:57 PM

ooh nice.
yeh, i can do and average of around about 19 on a 20 mile ride, goes to about 18 though on a 50 miler.
and normaly do bigger rides so.

nice bikes !

any one come off!?
i did the other week.
a bloomin merk over took me crapply, and a lory was coming the other way. and the merk wasnt going to make it back in, so he thort ohh i will push them into the verge !
me being at the front cudnt slam on the brakes or i would of made a pile up with all the lads behind.
basicly the impashant git pushed us all over and cept going when the wagon was sort of haalf passed.
and cliped my front wheel.
and obv i went straight over the bars, and it was down a biig hill to, so was cloking along ( about 35 )
luckaly it was on a bend, so rather than landing on the road and leaving my face on the road, i went into the grass at the side of the road.
just cut my face abit.
the flipping stupid thing is, the driver slowed to an almost stop.
saw i was layed out, and floored it ( smoking wheels and the lot )

if i see him again!? >:crazy:

#7 captainjack15

captainjack15

Up Into Fourth

• Banned
  • 3,925 posts
  • Local Club: Somerset Rusteez

Posted 09 October 2008 - 05:41 PM

Hopefully none of you cycle 2 or 3 a breast?? Because the really p***es me off!!

And how come push bikes don't have to pay road tax??

#8 stardude

stardude

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • 2,457 posts

Posted 09 October 2008 - 05:45 PM

Hopefully none of you cycle 2 or 3 a breast?? Because the really p***es me off!!

nope it bugs me too, and its illegal.

push bikes dont damage, or wear down the roads, dont contribute to congestion, and dont pollute

#9 captainjack15

captainjack15

Up Into Fourth

• Banned
  • 3,925 posts
  • Local Club: Somerset Rusteez

Posted 09 October 2008 - 06:03 PM

nope it bugs me too, and its illegal.

push bikes dont damage, or wear down the roads, dont contribute to congestion, and dont pollute

Ooo its illegal :) Good!!

No but they still use them?? And can cause accidents.

#10 THE ANORAK

THE ANORAK

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 3,946 posts

Posted 09 October 2008 - 08:19 PM

well i used to do a lot of road biking about ten years ago.

i recently bought a hybrid bike with the aim of getting back into things. well its OK but its nothing like a good road bike. a well set up road bike is comfortable, handles well and is quick.

hopefully I'll be getting one soon after Xmas, seen this one on line at the right price so something around this spec will do....

Posted Image

I'm not really a competitive person so i just go out for the shear pleasure of the ride. years ago i used to do a few quick 10 mile runs, mostly 30 miles and the occasional 50, but i dont dordle and look at the cows in the fields, i push myself all the way.

starting to build back up to these distances again but I'm not comfy on the hybrid for more than an hour :)

#11 joe_m

joe_m

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,240 posts

Posted 10 October 2008 - 03:53 PM

my mate is into punishing himself.
this hill, its VERY steep. and a mile or so long ( maby 2 ? )
he is up there in a matter of 1:15 ( his best )
where as we are up it in 2:20 and are diying !

#12 THE ANORAK

THE ANORAK

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 3,946 posts

Posted 10 October 2008 - 03:59 PM

maybe only fellow cyclists will know what I'm talking about... but there are times when your on your bike, you have endless power in your legs, your comfortable and the your up to speed and cruising. the miles just whizz past and it all just feels great. its a good feeling :wub: :-

(but then there are times when the winds in your face, your legs feel like lead and you just want to tip the bike in the ditch and walk home :thumbsup: )

#13 A KIRK

A KIRK

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 617 posts
  • Local Club: None now I don't own a mini

Posted 10 October 2008 - 04:05 PM

my mate is into punishing himself.
this hill, its VERY steep. and a mile or so long ( maby 2 ? )
he is up there in a matter of 1:15 ( his best )
where as we are up it in 2:20 and are diying !

This is so true, but I think a lot of it is down to what you have eaten that day, and how stressed you are.

#14 mighty mini jack

mighty mini jack

Mighty Before a Pint

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,095 posts

Posted 10 October 2008 - 04:07 PM

maybe only fellow cyclists will know what I'm talking about... but there are times when your on your bike, you have endless power in your legs, your comfortable and the your up to speed and cruising. the miles just whizz past and it all just feels great. its a good feeling :wub: :-

(but then there are times when the winds in your face, your legs feel like lead and you just want to tip the bike in the ditch and walk home :thumbsup: )

In know what you mean Anorak!

Get a sudden rush of energy, going all good then at the end of it your in agony!

#15 stardude

stardude

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • 2,457 posts

Posted 10 October 2008 - 04:33 PM

maybe only fellow cyclists will know what I'm talking about... but there are times when your on your bike, you have endless power in your legs, your comfortable and the your up to speed and cruising. the miles just whizz past and it all just feels great. its a good feeling :- :-

(but then there are times when the winds in your face, your legs feel like lead and you just want to tip the bike in the ditch and walk home :wub: )

so very true :thumbsup:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users