#286 cptkirk

cptkirk

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,799 posts
  • Local Club: B.M.C. + Chiminiclub

Posted 08 October 2009 - 11:56 AM

hehe been looking up at some more car builds obv yours bieng the best bieng a mini! and i came across a website called automotivebuilds and your on there homepage for best internet builds! nice going!

I had no idea, thanks for pointing that out. Nice to get recognition for all the hours I am putting in to the build.

#287 cptkirk

cptkirk

• Members
  • 1,799 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 12:08 PM

Got the car back last night from the Dyno, it needs some bits and bobs sorting then back to the dyno. Good to know the engine is all ok, I need to sort a couple of electrical issues and rework some of the plumbing for the coolant.

The K&N Apollo doesnt appear to be the best filter when you get up to the 300's and will be looking to replace, watch this space. It lost 10bhp over having no filter, not good.

The dyno plot below doesnt show a very good reflection as the spike/glitch is caused something unknown at this point, ignore the peaks/spikes as they are caused by the glitch.

Note the values are at the hubs, not the crank.

Once new filter applied and a few other bits sorted out it will go back for another few runs and final tweeks. I will try and get some footage of the car running up on youtube asap

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by cptkirk, 09 October 2009 - 02:06 PM.

#288 WRLondon

WRLondon

BANNED

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 740 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 03:59 PM

wow
quick mini
>_<
bet thats frightening to drive

#289 Saxo-Fiesta-Mini

Saxo-Fiesta-Mini

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,889 posts
  • Local Club: LCMOC

Posted 11 October 2009 - 11:29 PM

WOWOWOWOWOW NIce makes me want to dump the 1275 engine and just grab the 1998cc zetec ive got waiting at the scrappy

#290 Gingerjoe

Gingerjoe

• Members
  • 1,908 posts
  • Local Club: Tmf

Posted 11 October 2009 - 11:32 PM

I aint sure how these work! is that 301 bhp, because I might have to swear if it is! fantastic mate, glad it went so well for you man! stoked.

#291 minimalal

minimalal

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 222 posts
  • Local Club: Eastbourne

Posted 11 October 2009 - 11:52 PM

o.m.g
im drooling
that is a gorgeous mini! wouldnt mind destroying a few chavs at the lights with that beast!:w00t:
great project mate keep up the great work! :thumbsup:

#292 miniQ

miniQ

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 497 posts

Posted 12 October 2009 - 04:28 PM

Lets have some fun this mini's sick i want to take a ride on your gear stick

#293 cptkirk

cptkirk

• Members
  • 1,799 posts

Posted 12 October 2009 - 06:40 PM

Here is the first video of the car running, a few blips of the throttle, loving the flames.....

Video 001

Now I need to extract the digit and get it finished.

#294 mini93

mini93

He's just too casual!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,615 posts
  • Local Club: Medievil minis of Warwickshire

Posted 12 October 2009 - 06:48 PM

haha not baaad not bad! flames maybe its the inner chav, but i do like them

#295 cptkirk

cptkirk

• Members
  • 1,799 posts

Posted 12 October 2009 - 06:51 PM

wow
quick mini
:wub:
bet thats frightening to drive

I'll tell you when I eventually get to drive it.

WOWOWOWOWOW NIce makes me want to dump the 1275 engine and just grab the 1998cc zetec ive got waiting at the scrappy

Do it...

I aint sure how these work! is that 301 bhp, because I might have to swear if it is! fantastic mate, glad it went so well for you man! stoked.

The spike that makes it read 301 is misleading, there was a problem at the dyno and for some reason there was a sudden let go and regrip of the transmission that caused the spike, if you look at the dyno plot and imagine that the spike hadnt happened it would have ended up with approx 288BHP and 190lb/ft of torque. The good point about the roots type charger is the amount if torque over the rev range, making regular driving easier, not having to rev the nuts out of it to get all the torque as well. The important thing is that the power is measured at the wheels so that is exactly how much is going through your tyres, I would has at a guess that the engine is approx 310bhp at the crank.

o.m.g
im drooling
that is a gorgeous mini! wouldnt mind destroying a few chavs at the lights with that beast!;D
great project mate keep up the great work! :)

Thanks, will try to keep it up and I am also looking forward to leaving pretty much everything at the lights.

Lets have some fun this mini's sick i want to take a ride on your gear stick

Cool.

Edited by cptkirk, 12 October 2009 - 06:54 PM.

#296 cptkirk

cptkirk

• Members
  • 1,799 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 12:12 PM

haha not baaad not bad! flames maybe its the inner chav, but i do like them

I know what you mean, there is something about flames coming out an exhaust, looking forward to seeing it at night as it lights up the road behind.....

#297 cptkirk

cptkirk

• Members
  • 1,799 posts

Posted 15 October 2009 - 08:51 PM

Latest Updates:

The new wiper motor is in:

Posted Image

Along with the new tank breather from the guys at THINKAUTO (5/16 inline tank breather) + 8mm ID flange K&N filter, ordered in to my local Halfrauds, they can get me any K&N I like within two days if its in stock in the UK, I know Halfrauds arent the cheapest but they can get the goods if you need it..

Posted Image

Posted Image

I removed the two front bulkhead side peices after the dyno session so I could get them ready for spraying, all welds sanded back and a bit of filler to get them nice and soooth and hey presto, ready for Stuart to spray them:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

The I went about fitting the grille, bit of a barsteward tryign to fit a mk1 grille to a mk4 shell, plus I have a fwe extra holes that I dont need but you have to look close to notice them. The bumper got cut down a few weeks ago and I have thrown it there for good measure, I need to get two outer stays welded on st the original two were cut of when shortening it to accept the new massive arches. Also my super duper air directing carbon fibre bit makes it a real sod to get any form of nut on the back of the bolts (3mm), I had to tape a nut to my finger and feel my way onto the back of the bolt.

For anyone thinking of doing one of these conversions but only have a small signle garage, check out how much room I have in mine in the next two photos, it can be done, its a squeeze and you have to plan your work, but it is possible.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#298 2lrminivan

2lrminivan

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 17 October 2009 - 05:17 PM

looking wicked
might be tight to work on in a small garage but you get to work in a garage with a nice floor lol

#299 AdamE

AdamE

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 17 October 2009 - 05:29 PM

wow.

#300 cptkirk

cptkirk

• Members
  • 1,799 posts

Posted 18 October 2009 - 07:05 AM

looking wicked
might be tight to work on in a small garage but you get to work in a garage with a nice floor lol

Cheers

As for the floor - possibly the best £50 I ever spent at B&Q, the cheapest click together boards and a little bit of polystyrene insulation underneath makes it warm enough to get under the car in the middle of winter without a crawl board, its slippy enough to slide under the car on your back but has enough friction to make tightening things up easy (unlike on crawl board where it can make you spin round while trying to tighten)

wow.

Cheers

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users