15 replies to this topic

#1 z cars chris

z cars chris

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 03:08 PM

just a note to say you are all welcome to visit us at the autosport show at the NEC birmingham
we are on stand no 8200 this year with the green monte carlo thats on you tube at present and jem snowdens on TTS stand with his v tec powered racer
i dont know how many people will go this year with entry prices of £24 a head its a bit steep to say the least but if you do go call in and see us there
chris

#2 AllanMcD

AllanMcD

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 172 posts
  • Local Club: 16v mini club

Posted 30 December 2008 - 05:19 PM

£24 X2 :wub: plus over 400 mile round trip just to say hi you must think we are mad.
See you there :genius:
Allan

Edited by AllanMcD, 30 December 2008 - 05:20 PM.

#3 markrally

markrally

Z Cars

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,377 posts
  • Local Club: Miniaddicts.co.uk

Posted 03 January 2009 - 05:05 PM

see you there friday.......... :shy:

#4 xtr2turbo

xtr2turbo

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 01:16 PM

just a note to say you are all welcome to visit us at the autosport show at the NEC birmingham
we are on stand no 8200 this year with the green monte carlo thats on you tube at present and jem snowdens on TTS stand with his v tec powered racer
i dont know how many people will go this year with entry prices of £24 a head its a bit steep to say the least but if you do go call in and see us there
chris

Plus I think £5 parking :D(

#5 AllanMcD

AllanMcD

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 172 posts
  • Local Club: 16v mini club

Posted 04 January 2009 - 05:33 PM

And if you are from Scotland you will bring your own food to save £££££££££££.
Allan

#6 z cars chris

z cars chris

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 11:55 PM

i had a right go at the autosport lot this year
we have exhibited for 15 years and each year the price of a stand goes up and up
plus the entry fees and parking are a joke
if you go to the arts and crafts fair there parking is free if you show your ticket that you buy on entering why is motorsport more expensive
i asked for a discount on our usual stand this year as theres a recession on a £7000 stand they would knock £100 off
i explained that i thought a lot of customers probably would not come due to the exhorbitant entry price, all i got was "oh we have worked hard this year with some big attractions coming"
what are they then i asked
we have david coultard coming to sign autographs
Who i asked
i dont know what you mean the autosport girl replied
well he is a retired has been F1 driver what about lewis hamilton as an attraction
well he has been other years she said
what about this year
he has been other years
NO WHAT ABOUT THIS YEAR
have you tried to get lewis hamilton its impossible
so i hope you can all wait to see david coultard when you get there im wetting my pants in anticipation
in protest at the way they treat exhibitors ive not booked a stand of my own im sharing with a supplier of ours silicone hoses . com
its cost bugger all and on top of that jem snowden was asked by TTS racing if he would bring his supercharged V Tec car along as well
so we got two cars there at minimal outlay and three free tickets for ourselves into the bargain
in some way this is a pay back for their stingy attitude
i know of at least a dozen other exhibitors who pulled out just last week and a number of others who didnt even book in the first place
they opened up a section of the show last year called piston heads just to fill the place up this was basically a car park in one hall full of blokes with their cars most of which you wouldnt give a second look to if you saw them on the street
maybe next year they will realise that motorsports fans have not got unlimited funds available and actually reduce prices
i go to a show in belgium which is held at Zolder on the old F1 circuit each year the organisors invite 120 fast cars there to do passenger rides for the public
they do not charge you to take your car only insist that you take passengers for two laps at a time around the track
they give you free petrol even if your cars is being used on the track
once you pay the entry fee at the gate as a member of the public EVERYTHING is free except food and drink
they have go karts, off road course funfair race track rides you name it and its there
the cost of this brilliant show to enter ?
ten euros yes TEN EUROS last year at the exchange rate then it was around £8.30p
needless to say its absolutly rammed with happy punters
the organisors make plenty of money and everyone is happy
only in britain could you get so comprehensively ripped off
ive been three times and do around 350 miles around the track each year its blinding as it shows the cars off very well to lots of people in the right environment
rant now over
i promise not to shout at you when you get there although you are welcome to fill in one of their customer survey forms and let them know how you feel
chris

#7 z cars chris

z cars chris

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 11:59 PM

nearly forgot
we are running a prize draw for a free dyno set up on our rollers atthe show so if you do come along fill in your name and pop it in the draw box
might pay for your trip
its free to enter so you might as well have a go
chris

#8 roofless

roofless

Sticker Pimp

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,215 posts
  • Local Club: central minis

Posted 07 January 2009 - 12:11 AM

we have exhibited for 15 years and each year the price of a stand goes up and up
if you go to the arts and crafts fair there parking is free if you show your ticket that you buy on entering why is motorsport more expensive
i asked for a discount on our usual stand this year as theres a recession on a £7000 stand they would knock £100 off
i explained that i thought a lot of customers probably would not come due to the exhorbitant entry price, all i got was "oh we have worked hard this year with some big attractions coming"
Who i asked
well he is a retired has been F1 driver what about lewis hamilton as an attraction
what about this year
he has been other years
NO WHAT ABOUT THIS YEAR
so i hope you can all wait to see david coultard when you get there im wetting my pants in anticipation
in protest at the way they treat exhibitors ive not booked a stand of my own im sharing with a supplier of ours silicone hoses . com
its cost bugger all and on top of that jem snowden was asked by TTS racing if he would bring his supercharged V Tec car along as well
so we got two cars there at minimal outlay and three free tickets for ourselves into the bargain
i know of at least a dozen other exhibitors who pulled out just last week and a number of others who didnt even book in the first place
they opened up a section of the show last year called piston heads just to fill the place up this was basically a car park in one hall full of blokes with their cars most of which you wouldnt give a second look to if you saw them on the street
maybe next year they will realise that motorsports fans have not got unlimited funds available and actually reduce prices
i go to a show in belgium which is held at Zolder on the old F1 circuit each year the organisors invite 120 fast cars there to do passenger rides for the public
they do not charge you to take your car only insist that you take passengers for two laps at a time around the track
once you pay the entry fee at the gate as a member of the public EVERYTHING is free except food and drink
they have go karts, off road course funfair race track rides you name it and its there
ten euros yes TEN EUROS last year at the exchange rate then it was around £8.30p
ive been three times and do around 350 miles around the track each year its blinding as it shows the cars off very well to lots of people in the right environment
rant now over
i promise not to shout at you when you get there although you are welcome to fill in one of their customer survey forms and let them know how you feel
chris

Chris - I'll build your stand next year and save you a fortune - we'll be in on Thursday, I've got 7 clients at the show to look after but I'm determined to come by and have a gander.

#9 xtr2turbo

xtr2turbo

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 09:15 PM

Who i asked
what about this year
he has been other years
NO WHAT ABOUT THIS YEAR
rant now over
chris

I couldn't agree more. I was at my Westfield meet last year and everyone has been previous years but this year said they would give it a miss just too expensive and nothing really new to see.

I think it is the same as what has happened with the kit car shows.

I think if I was a manufacturer I would just club together as a group and hire Bruntingthorpe for the day instead.

David

#10 Grimmy@JHE

Grimmy@JHE

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 759 posts
  • Local Club: tmf

Posted 11 January 2009 - 11:00 PM

came over but you were busy it seemed. car looked awesome as always.

i think because it cost so much for the exhibitors they have had to cut back on the money spent on models thus them being rough as hell.

engineering bit was good don't you think.

#11 philmin1

philmin1

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 09:11 PM

Well, I was one of the ones who gave it a miss because of the entrance fee and parking, I used to go every year and every year the price goes up and the parking goes up and the food goes up so thats it for me. Its where I saw the one of the early Zcars minis and made up my mind to do something similar one day (pipe dream) and eventually bought the kit instead =] Incidentally its also where I got my data logger having never seen anything like it before (and a few other odd bits and ideas as well), so commercially, falling numbers of stands and visitors = not good methinks.

If you want birds go to the max power show - can overlook the iffy cars for the women :mmkay:

(although some are nice if you are into that scene)

#12 roofless

roofless

Sticker Pimp

• Traders
  • 7,215 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 09:14 PM

It was a good show all in all, but attendance on the Sunday hit an all time low, I think mainly down to costs.

#13 z cars chris

z cars chris

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 04:49 PM

back from the show
we had a pretty good time but im glad i didnt pay for the stand
there were several traders i know that had paid up front last year up to £8000 for their space then on monday a mate rang up and was offered his usual sized pitch normally £8000 for £900
this does not go down well at all as its grossly unfair on the whole trade section
the organisors need a real kickupthe jacksey as all thats going to happen is the show will degenerate into a nothing event
as far as i can see a well organised live action event is the way to go with passenger rides at a good venue
the best place is brands hatch indy circuit as you can watch most of the track from one vantage point
i shall do the same as we did this year for next time so that at least we are there but i can find better ways of spending £8000
chris

#14 roofless

roofless

Sticker Pimp

• Traders
  • 7,215 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 10:26 PM

back from the show
we had a pretty good time but im glad i didnt pay for the stand
there were several traders i know that had paid up front last year up to £8000 for their space then on monday a mate rang up and was offered his usual sized pitch normally £8000 for £900
this does not go down well at all as its grossly unfair on the whole trade section
the organisors need a real kickupthe jacksey as all thats going to happen is the show will degenerate into a nothing event
as far as i can see a well organised live action event is the way to go with passenger rides at a good venue
the best place is brands hatch indy circuit as you can watch most of the track from one vantage point
i shall do the same as we did this year for next time so that at least we are there but i can find better ways of spending £8000
chris

there were 3 exhibitors that I know of that didnt pay a penny for their space - one got a 6m x 8m spot. Gap fillers they are called, firms drop out at the last minute, they dont sell the space whatever??
there were 22 unsold spaces I counted and 3 very large areas where key players had pulled out.

I did 2 cash deals on site with gap fillers for simple walling so they could put up a few posters :thumbsup:

#15 SAD_Man

SAD_Man

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Local Club: None

Posted 16 January 2009 - 09:55 PM

Chris,

On the 'green car' I noticed that the rear trailing arms were significantly different from others I have previously seen, is this the new spec or a race spec

Cheers

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users