19 replies to this topic

#1 Tompo

Tompo

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 503 posts

Posted 02 August 2005 - 11:07 PM

So we finally we got the Van home today all the way from cornwall to east sussex (on 3 cylinders LOL) The previous owner had been running it on unleaded without a conversion or an additive so the was some considerable damage to the head :sad:
Never mind soon source a new one. Got the stage one kit on and it made enough of a diference to get us home in just under 8 hours, and up to 85mph!!! not to shabby for a 998 cc motor in that condition will get the pics up first thing tomorrow for you all be for i start to strip it all.

any advice would be good as this is my first mini resto so anything to look out for or weakspots i should know about please let me know

#2 Woody

Woody

Ring Runner 2005

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,763 posts

Posted 03 August 2005 - 06:31 AM

Are you sure its a 1000cc ?, my mini van is an 850cc :grin:
and its on an "A" reg

Attached Files

#3 Tompo

Tompo

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 503 posts

Posted 03 August 2005 - 03:49 PM

No it's definatly a 998cc, on a W plate

Got a head sorted today, ended up comin home with all sorts of bits after the misses got her hands on a couple of old minis that were up for spares, so with the garage filling up with bits I think it's time to start some work,

unfortunatly as it's her only car i cant do a complete stripdown as i wanted so i'm just gonna have to do the best i can right now.

pics will be up soon when i can the camera working :erm:

#4 Guest_Beno_*

Guest_Beno_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 August 2005 - 04:01 AM

Now this is what i like to see !!!! Mini vans are awsome ! Ive been promising myself one for ages but ended up with a Mini convetible as my next project :P Lets see some pics and keep us updated !

#5 Tompo

Tompo

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 503 posts

Posted 05 August 2005 - 12:59 PM

ok well i still cant get the camera to work so heres a little description of it:
It's green with a white roof black arhes and 10" starmag wheels it's a bit rusty round the sills and the bottom of the doors and around the base of one of the back doors, and the floor is full of holes that have been badly plated on the underside. still got lots of chrome on the bumpers handles, wipers, mirrors and so on. no dents or anything anywere and it was a bargin a £600.

So far the horrible old ford interior has been ripped out and there is an original mini set waiting to go in it's had a stage one kit fitted and is in the middle of having an unleaded conversion (just been sent of to get skimmed) should be back in a few days

Next up will be new door skins and a paint job and possibly a disc conversion but then i'd have to loose the starmags and i love them in 10".

will keep you updated

#6 Tompo

Tompo

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 503 posts

Posted 25 August 2005 - 12:41 PM

ok so finally i have some pictures up, she's looking a bit shabby at the moment but she's booked in to have a nice new paint job soon and there's a new front end coming. Could do wit a ne bonnet to as i accidently ran it over the other day :saywhat:

Attached Files

#7 Tompo

Tompo

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 503 posts

Posted 25 August 2005 - 12:42 PM

ok so finally i have some pictures up, she's looking a bit shabby at the moment but she's booked in to have a nice new paint job soon and there's a new front end coming. Could do wit a ne bonnet to as i accidently ran it over the other day :saywhat:

Attached Files

#8 Tompo

Tompo

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 503 posts

Posted 25 August 2005 - 12:42 PM

and another

Attached Files

#9 Tompo

Tompo

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 503 posts

Posted 25 August 2005 - 12:43 PM

and one more

So what dou you all think?

Attached Files

#10 Will

Will

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,223 posts

Posted 25 August 2005 - 12:45 PM

looks sweet but definitely could do with a new paint job, lol.

Looks sweet though mate.

#11 Ade

Ade

the bogie man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,357 posts

Posted 25 August 2005 - 12:58 PM

Looking good!!! Minis not bad either! :cheese: :grin:

Deffo use a lick of paint though! Will look forward to seeing it after the paint job :grin:

#12 Tompo

Tompo

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 503 posts

Posted 25 August 2005 - 01:05 PM

Looking good!!! Minis not bad either! :cheese: :grin:

Thats my girlfriends little sister, bit young for you Ade :grin:

#13 Ade

Ade

the bogie man

• Members
  • 2,357 posts

Posted 25 August 2005 - 01:08 PM

Oh right...... yeah..... too young....... :fear: :cheese:

And Tompo you gonna have to change your avatar!!! Everytime I read any of your posts I find myself there for about 10mins!!! :nugget:

#14 Tompo

Tompo

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 503 posts

Posted 25 August 2005 - 01:14 PM

well next time you get stuck just have a look at the right hand pic in my sig, that'll bring you back :grin: :grin:

#15 Ade

Ade

the bogie man

• Members
  • 2,357 posts

Posted 25 August 2005 - 01:17 PM

I've blanked that from my mind :sick: Tis just wrong!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users