I'm trying to set the timing on my mini but I'm a little uncertain as to what to set it to. It's a 1984 mayfair but with the 1275 engine from a 1984 metro in it. It's got a 59D4 dizzy with the Brit Parts £6.50 electronic ignition conversion and it's an automatic. I've got a Haynes for the Metro and according to that it could be anything from 7 to 13 btdc. I took a guess at 12 btdc at 1500rpm with the vacuum disconnected. It starts a lot better now. I mean it actually starts now! - the previous timing was at about 40 btdc as it was so far off the scale it wasn't true. But now it seems to chug until it's really warm, no matter where the choke is. It took about 5 miles this morning before it stopped. I'm hoping to get it on the rollers soon, but until then, has anybody got an educated guess on what the timing should be? The engine code is 12H908AA, and I do have a timing light.
Thanks
Shane
Ignition Timing
Started by
Bazooka Joe
, Feb 16 2009 07:47 AM
1 reply to this topic
1 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users











