z cars chris

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 09:32 PM

OK guys we have now an official agent in California USA
he is called Brian Caulfield and is already on the site as "irish dude"
this may have something to do with the fact that he is originally from Galway Ireland
now resident in Santa Rosa California we have been in negotiations for a while with him and im pleased to say that he is now representing us and the Z Cars products over there
he is areally good guy with a sound approach to the job and should fit well into the fold
The scene in the states is getting more interest than ever and enquiries have gone through the roof since the exchange rate got better
any US customers can get him on [email protected]
i will be going out there to help build the demo car with him some time soon
hope to have a Z cars owners meet then if we can
chris

#2 PhotoguyUSA

PhotoguyUSA

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 312 posts
  • Local Club: MOALA

Posted 17 February 2009 - 09:44 PM

OK guys we have now an official agent in California USA
he is called Brian Caulfield and is already on the site as "irish dude"
this may have something to do with the fact that he is originally from Galway Ireland
now resident in Santa Rosa California we have been in negotiations for a while with him and im pleased to say that he is now representing us and the Z Cars products over there
he is areally good guy with a sound approach to the job and should fit well into the fold
The scene in the states is getting more interest than ever and enquiries have gone through the roof since the exchange rate got better
any US customers can get him on [email protected]
i will be going out there to help build the demo car with him some time soon
hope to have a Z cars owners meet then if we can
chris

Fantastic bout damn time! :P

#3 AllanMcD

AllanMcD

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 172 posts
  • Local Club: 16v mini club

Posted 17 February 2009 - 09:50 PM

The USA is a big place there must bee room for at least 50 Zcar agents That would keep you buisy.
Allan

#4 Adamsm

Adamsm

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 11:51 PM

Looking for a rep in Canada?

#5 irishdude

irishdude

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 10:01 AM

hey I am really excited about being a part of the Zcars family. Just a few things about me. My name is Brian Caulfield and as Chris says I am Irish born but move to the States in 2005 to Santa Rosa in Northern California. I am an Engineer by education but am car nut by passion. I currently enjoy everything CA has to offer with regards cars. I am an avid autocrosser and trackday adict. Infineon Raceway is my local track, can't get better than that... I currently own a nice little 07 Subaru STi which takes my nicely around these events. But I have a feeling the mini will become my new monster ;)

I travelled out to Chris this week where I got to see his fantastic facility and I mean fantastic, I got to meet all of his lads that work for him and just soak up all the amazing things that are being done out there..

I was expecting his place to be good but it was far above my expecations. I got a great 'little' Demo ride in his Mini, even with the wet roads and plenty of puddles of mud, Chris was still able to scare the B'jesus out of me and really show me what his kits can do..

As for the Mini-kits for those that have them you know what I mean when I say their Quality is second to none. And all the guys that but them together do a top notch job.

My hope for Zcars USA is to bring Zcars to a wider audience over here in the States and more or less let the product shine over here.. Over the next couple of weeks I will be working with Chris setting up a US Road and Race Spec kit. These kits will be designed for US roads and cars i.e. LHD, SCCA compliant etc.. Also one of the big plans we will have is come the summer is Chris will be coming out to California to get my Demo car up to scratch and see the mini scene out here.. This will be a great opportunity to all of you guys based out here to meet Chris face to face and ask him any number of questions becuase Chris is has just a wealth of information..

I will be setting up a US based ZCars website soon (www.zcarsusa.com) with all the info for US kits - prices, specifications, components upgrades etc.. I hope to have my car up and running soon and will be around the bay area and anywhere else giving Demo drives to as many people as i can. I also hope i can start organising some Zcars meets with you guys around california (And beyond..) and just have a blast in our cars around some of our local tracks.. I know there are some corvette and Ferrari owners that will not be pleased to be passed by a little olde mini :):-

Anyways I just thought I would introduce myself and thanks Chris for this great opportunity and can't wait to start Zcars USA off..

#6 CharlieBrown

CharlieBrown

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,587 posts
  • Local Club: TMF

Posted 19 February 2009 - 10:18 AM

Sounds like a great (a timely) addition to the ZCars team.

It will be great to see another demo car, showing off the latest ZCars stuff.

All the best with the venture.

Charlie

#7 PhotoguyUSA

PhotoguyUSA

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 312 posts
  • Local Club: MOALA

Posted 19 February 2009 - 01:56 PM

Irishdude,
Let me know if I can help in any way. I know Chris gave you my email.
Lyle

#8 mrnubs

mrnubs

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 10:47 PM

Are the kits going to be manufactured in the U.S.? Also will there be U.S. spec Monte Carlo??

Edited by mrnubs, 06 March 2009 - 10:48 PM.

#9 irishdude

irishdude

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 07 March 2009 - 12:11 AM

Are the kits going to be manufactured in the U.S.? Also will there be U.S. spec Monte Carlo??

For the time being the kits will still be manufactured out of Chris's shop in England. I will be looking at bulk buying options to reduce the shipping costs per unit for the US market. I am also working with Chris on the US designs for the kits. So there will definetly be a US Spec Monte Carlo. I would like to see that these would be suitable SCCA, etc..

Give me a call on 707.888.9495 to discuss or shoot me an email: [email protected] and we can see what will work for you. I am based in Northern California where are you?

Brian

#10 Kraig

Kraig

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • Local Club: None

Posted 07 March 2009 - 12:39 AM

I hope there are more Minis on the west coast than the east coast. I've lived here (East Coast) for 10 years and seen ONE Mini. I've only seen a hand full of them in my 45 years of life....Is there a realistic number of Minis in the U.S. that people would actually want to cut up? Seems like a limited market....awesome conversion though!! Hope to see a Z Cars Mini in real life one day. Truly hope it works out.

#11 irishdude

irishdude

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 07 March 2009 - 01:22 AM

Yeah I would agree with you the sight of a Classic mini on the roads is rare over here in California, in saying that though there is a big active Mini Community over here. There are plenty of people working with the FWD Vtec conversions but like you said the Zcar conversion is so much better. The great thing about California and the west coast is that cars refuse to rust over here. I just bought a '62 Mini and there wasn't i spot of rust on the whole shell, amazing..

There is a definte market over here and I think the big problem is getting the kits shipped over here for a reasonable price and thats where I am trying to help.

#12 rtg54

rtg54

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
  • Local Club: Minis of the Rockies, MINI5280

Posted 21 March 2009 - 05:14 PM

Any updates on this? The Z Cars USA website seems to be deteriorating. :)

#13 irishdude

irishdude

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 21 March 2009 - 05:58 PM

Any updates on this? The Z Cars USA website seems to be deteriorating. :)

Sorry for this, in the middle of updating the website. Hopefully should be up and running within the next few weeks.

If you need any info on Zcars is the US just shoot me an email or give me a call

Brian

Edited by irishdude, 21 March 2009 - 05:59 PM.

#14 amish_rabbi

amish_rabbi

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 09:38 AM

any plans for a rep/dealer in canada?

#15 Adamsm

Adamsm

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 12:09 PM

any plans for a rep/dealer in canada?

If your ever in the Montreal, Qc area send me a note. I think im the only one out here with a Z-cars kit thats on the road at this point in time. I'll give you a ride if your serious. These cars bite.

Adam.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users