#1 1stpromotive1275gt

1stpromotive1275gt

Mini Mad

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 06:28 PM

Hi,

Just wanted to share with you all some pictures of my gt after a minor rebuild over the winter months. Its had a full respay and been refitted with all new parts on the outside including polycarbonate windows, and a carbon fibre boot and bonnet. Its cost a small fortune but hopfully its been worth it.
Just a couple of jobs left to do before Brooklands on Sunday!
heres a link to some pictures ive taken through the build.

http://picasaweb.goo...feat=directlink

Thanks to the following:

Mike at Wood and Picket for the new exterior parts
Darren and Phil for the pro-motive stickers
plastics for performance for the poly windows
Stuart Scratch in Rayliegh who painted the car
Pete at nk trading for some difficult to find clubman parts
Keith redwood for some other small difficult to find parts
Arc angels for the carbon panels

Let me know what you think.

Edited by 1stpromotive1275gt, 09 June 2009 - 09:08 PM.

#2 sweetser

sweetser

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,995 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 06:39 PM

Looks lovely mate :wub:

Good work

#3 Rosslin Racing

Rosslin Racing

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • 2,408 posts
  • Local Club: SMP beo BMC swiss

Posted 23 March 2009 - 06:53 PM

I would say so as well VERY NICE!!!

#4 Kam

Kam

Straight to the Point

• TMF+ Member
  • 4,140 posts
  • Local Club: 16vMini club

Posted 23 March 2009 - 11:30 PM

Big thumbs up here :genius: looking very nice

You gonna do anymore vids especially now its lighter, I enjoyed watching the last ones! :proud:

#5 Saxo-Fiesta-Mini

Saxo-Fiesta-Mini

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,889 posts
  • Local Club: LCMOC

Posted 24 March 2009 - 12:00 AM

i was readin this before ur mini look so nice i slipped into sweet dream lol took me an hour to come round lol

#6 1stpromotive1275gt

1stpromotive1275gt

Mini Mad

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 09:15 AM

Big thumbs up here :genius: looking very nice

You gonna do anymore vids especially now its lighter, I enjoyed watching the last ones! :proud:

Yes definatly going to do some more vids. Hopfully with a camcorder that I dont need a converter to put on you tube so the quality will be better. Want to take some film from differant angles inside the car but need to get a wide angle lense for that. Bit limited at brans as they dont allow my suction mounted mount at all.
Hopfully ill get some film at santa pod this year and if im lucky there wont be any oil on the track at castle combe! :genius:
But ill upload them when I do.
Thanks for all the comments.

Edited by 1stpromotive1275gt, 24 March 2009 - 09:16 AM.

#7 Kam

Kam

Straight to the Point

• TMF+ Member
  • 4,140 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 11:52 AM

I'm going so will keep an eye out, I'm maybe going pro-mo route aswell just after the summer, so if you come across someone bothering you with lots of questions sunday - that'll be me! :proud:

#8 1stpromotive1275gt

1stpromotive1275gt

Mini Mad

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 02:18 PM

I'm going so will keep an eye out, I'm maybe going pro-mo route aswell just after the summer, so if you come across someone bothering you with lots of questions sunday - that'll be me! :proud:

Thats no problem, Happy to have a chat about it. Hopefully someone will get some outside footage of it going up the hill as my Dads not the best with camcorders!!!!!! :genius: Im yet to get any decent footage of it from the outside.
Trust me when I say that of all the conversions Ive done (ive never had a standard mini!) its the only one that ive been 100% happy with.
As im sure anyone will tell you, Darren and Phil have been very helpfull. The after care and friendlyness shown has been great and made the whole thing a lot better experiance. Unlike a certern firm doing a supercharger conversion was! But thats another very long story indeed.

#9 Baldspeed Racing

Baldspeed Racing

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,185 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 10:56 AM

looking nice mate, good to see a clubby being done as well :)

#10 1stpromotive1275gt

1stpromotive1275gt

Mini Mad

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 03:15 PM

Brooklands was a great day and I got the car finished just in time. satyed up till the small hours washing the car just so it looked presentable. Meet plenty of people and there was a lot of interest in the car.
Its surprising just how many people dont know who pro-motive are or that they do this kit!
Anyway below are a couple of links for you to enjoy.

Only problem I have now is that on the way out in the que, the constant hill starts and my bad clutch control have meant that ive burnt the clutch out!
Ive now ordered a barnett clutch and spring conversion from fluke motorsport. Hoping to change it while its still in the car.
Only got a few weeks to get it sorted as I really fancied taking the car to cornwall for the riv run at the begining of May.

(fast forward to about 5 mins)

http://picasaweb.goo...feat=directlink

http://www.youtube.c...re=channel_page

#11 Mini-Mad-Craig

Mini-Mad-Craig

Crazy About Metro's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,298 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 04:11 PM

saw this at the entrance at Brooklands, lovely car well done mate

#12 Kam

Kam

Straight to the Point

• TMF+ Member
  • 4,140 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 10:50 PM

Ive now ordered a barnett clutch and spring conversion from fluke motorsport. Hoping to change it while its still in the car.

Only got a few weeks to get it sorted as I really fancied taking the car to cornwall for the riv run at the begining of May.

What clutch was you running before? Was it new at the time of the conversion, if so how many miles did you get out of it?

I'm hoping to get to the riveria run aswell, be good to get some drive-by footage of yours :)

#13 1stpromotive1275gt

1stpromotive1275gt

Mini Mad

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 12:25 PM

What clutch was you running before? Was it new at the time of the conversion, if so how many miles did you get out of it?

I'm hoping to get to the riveria run aswell, be good to get some drive-by footage of yours :thumbsup:

Was new at the time of conversion and to be honest ive probably done very little mileage but was a standard clutch and totally my fault that it burnt out. If you go for the conversion its a must in my opinion to put a new clutch in BEFORE as theres nothing worse than getting it all in and then finding out that it slips due to the extra weight of the car.
Im just hopefull that ill get it fixed by May the second. Otherwise ill be going down in my other mini. But im all booked and paid for for trevelgue so I will be there!

Edited by 1stpromotive1275gt, 01 April 2009 - 12:26 PM.

#14 rtg54

rtg54

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
  • Local Club: Minis of the Rockies, MINI5280

Posted 01 April 2009 - 07:50 PM

Hoping to change it while its still in the car.

Please report back whether or not you're successful with changing the clutch while it's still in the car. Thanks!

#15 1stpromotive1275gt

1stpromotive1275gt

Mini Mad

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 10:32 PM

Hoping to change it while its still in the car.

Please report back whether or not you're successful with changing the clutch while it's still in the car. Thanks!

Will do, hoping to get the clutch delivered tomorrow and then we will see. Ill try to take some pics as I go along.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users