So here are my plans for now. Looking at building a nice Demo car, but it will be a daily driver and will be seen very often driving around the Track. There are just too many tracks around me not to take it out on them.
- US VTEC Street Kit - Chris has adapted his Street Kit for sale over here in the States with LHD and a few other goodies
- JDM K20A - Decided against the K20A2 RSX-s route. JDM all the way powertrain wise.
- K-Pro ECU
- Red Body with White Stipes - Thinking of the Lexus Pearl Red with Pearl White, not 100% sure yet..
- Race Steering Column and Bearing
- Wilwood brake Set-up - Rotors, Calipers, Pedal box and all that good stuff
- Sound proofing - Plan on driving this as much as possible so a little bit of extra sound proofing won't be bad..
- Minilite 13x7" - Rolling on 13's LOL, no Dubs for me
- Interior - haven't decided on Seats thinking Sparco Evo's but I really like the Mambo Seats Chris has in his Demo Car Decisions decisions
- Gauges - Will probably go the Digidash route or maybe the Stock JDM cluster.
Anyways thats the plan for now, but we all know what happens to plans...
Here is a pic of my 1962 Mini Cooper when I purchased it this christmas. It was in incredible shape. The previous owner had stripped it down to the Metal and no rust anywhere on the body. I tiny bit in the Trunk area around the battery box but really thats not staying..
Took me a while to find a mini in this good condition but not braking the bank. Took me about 2 Hours to strip the Subframs off the car and get it up on some rollers. Then really its just been body work. Not much really. No major dents just tidy ups,
Such a cute little engine, think my subie might pull it though its scoop
Most of the boring stuff is completed. I am looking at cutting up the trunk area maybe this weekend at least before I get it primed and more or less ready for the build up.
Anyways its only a start, will keep adding pictures as the project progresses. Planning on having it up and running in June/July timeframe.