#1 R1mini333

R1mini333

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 30 May 2009 - 03:09 PM

Hey Guys,

Just want to introduce myself. I am pro-motive number 20 (kit number). I am putting it into a 1976 mini pickup. I am one of two kits across the pond and the only one in Canada.

I had some problems getting my clutch setup correctly ( the return spring that is) The pics in the manual are not the greatest. So If anyone has pics they can send me so I can get the mini on the road that would be awesome!
Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by R1mini333, 30 May 2009 - 03:10 PM.

#2 Teapot

Teapot

TMF Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,010 posts

Posted 30 May 2009 - 05:36 PM

Welcome to tmf and good luck with your pickup. I am glad you're a long way away because I do NOT want my Huey seeing this thread or he'll get ideas above his station :)

#3 rosco454

rosco454

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 908 posts

Posted 30 May 2009 - 09:29 PM

Hi and welcome to the forum.

Looks like a nice project you have on the go there,do you have any more pictures?

#4 R1mini333

R1mini333

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 31 May 2009 - 12:08 AM

Hi and welcome to the forum.

Looks like a nice project you have on the go there,do you have any more pictures?

What would you like to see?

#5 R1mini333

R1mini333

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 31 May 2009 - 10:19 AM

I will Post more pics when I get home. I haven'nt even pulled the motor out of the truck yet so. Not to much to show at this point.

#6 Rosslin Racing

Rosslin Racing

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,408 posts
  • Local Club: SMP beo BMC swiss

Posted 31 May 2009 - 12:57 PM

looks good and welcome to the mad house!

#7 R1mini333

R1mini333

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 31 May 2009 - 01:25 PM

Thanks. I have a couple of questions though.

Clutch setup. Ive seen there is a few threads on this subject. How on earth do you get the spring wrapped around correctly ( pics anyone)
Fuel pressure. I bought a 5-8 psi fuel pump.( I also still have the stock r1 pump if that is usable) What does the R1 enigne need for fuel pressure?

I also had a question about fitting. I orignally had a mk4 mini so thats what the pro-motive kit was made for however is it possible to mount it to a mk3 body as thats what the truck is ( drill the lower subframe mounting holes possibly and it has holes for the upper tower bolts already)

We should sticky a list of FAQ for this if there not one already.

#8 R1mini333

R1mini333

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 31 May 2009 - 02:50 PM

Heres a shot of the truck 13 inch by 7's .

Attached Files

#9 Rosslin Racing

Rosslin Racing

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • 2,408 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 07:43 PM

Thanks. I have a couple of questions though.

Clutch setup. Ive seen there is a few threads on this subject. How on earth do you get the spring wrapped around correctly ( pics anyone)
Fuel pressure. I bought a 5-8 psi fuel pump.( I also still have the stock r1 pump if that is usable) What does the R1 enigne need for fuel pressure?

I also had a question about fitting. I orignally had a mk4 mini so thats what the pro-motive kit was made for however is it possible to mount it to a mk3 body as thats what the truck is ( drill the lower subframe mounting holes possibly and it has holes for the upper tower bolts already)

We should sticky a list of FAQ for this if there not one already.

I fitted a Barnett clutch, the clutch arm is something I have not look at, well I did but decided that my brain was not running on all cylinders so I have left it for now.
I dont know about fuel pressure and asume that its the same as the R1 as its not mentioned in the manuel you get with the kit, also depends on the type carb or injection,

you have the 4 bolt system on the subframe mounting at the top and 4 bolts direct to the floor in the pick up?
I would line the subframe up and see if you can drill and tap the subframe instead of the other way, the box section is diffrent on the older system.

Edited by Rosslin Racing, 01 June 2009 - 07:48 PM.

#10 1stpromotive1275gt

1stpromotive1275gt

Mini Mad

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 09:01 PM

With regard to the above,
I have a facet (red) fuel pump which is bolted up in the boot next to the tank.
As I started with an injection mini loom the wires were already there for the fuel pump so it was as easy as wiring up and off it went. Dont know what psi it runs at but seems to work fine on mine.

Edited by 1stpromotive1275gt, 01 June 2009 - 09:02 PM.

#11 preston-7

preston-7

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 10:33 PM

I'm using a standard r1 pump, on my 4xv engine, its in the boot, and seems to work fine!

#12 R1mini333

R1mini333

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 12:21 PM

I have the standard R1 pump somewhere. I was told not to use it as it wont carry the fuel up the longer fuel line fast enough and will starve the motor.

Im usgin a 5JJ motor. 145 HP sotock?

I have the four bolt system at the top of the monuts yes however there is hole for tower bolts? Not sure if they will work yet or not I was a little nervous to but all the MINITE Vtec swap are built for mk 4 but have a mountiung kit for mk 1 and 2 which is a siingle bolt and flate plate. I could make somthing liek that no porblem. I Will take pictures to clarify.

In the meantime I am going to drive it till september as a truck so not to much progress will be made other than ordering parts. Anyone know who does Carbon fiber/Fibre glass panels in North America or I will take some Over seas suppliers names to to keep my options open.

#13 Rosslin Racing

Rosslin Racing

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • 2,408 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 04:11 PM

You can get the tower mounting from M Machine and have that welded to you subframe or from the same people you could change the box section for the MK4

#14 R1mini333

R1mini333

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 07 June 2009 - 03:40 PM

You can get the tower mounting from M Machine and have that welded to you subframe or from the same people you could change the box section for the MK4

What is different about it?

#15 R1mini333

R1mini333

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 04:56 AM

Would somthing like this work? A couple of grade 8 bolts and some plating I could weld in?

http://www.superfast...memounting.html

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users