15 replies to this topic

#1 MiniBonkerz

MiniBonkerz

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,893 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 07:20 PM

Hi all i recently purchased a RC40 Stainless Steel exhaust from Minispares it seems to be blowing from the lip see picture

My question is as i use the car daily how will Minispares change it as i cant just remove it and send it back has anyone had this problem before

also this is the e-mail i send to Ivan

Hi Ivan i recently purchased a stainless steel RC40 Exhaust from you and I have noticed it's blowing from the lip on the back box how do i go about sending it back for a replacement under the warranty period as I use my car everyday and dont have an exhaust to fit while sending it back I have enclosed a picture so you can see where its's coming from

Hope to hear from you soon

Best Regards
Chris

Here's the pic

Posted Image

#2 shorty

shorty

Short Guy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,606 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 07:23 PM

is it all sealed properly only asking as my rc40 was blowing and turns out it wasnt sealed properly.

you could always try driving to minispares, changing it and then fitting it then and there

#3 redhotmini

redhotmini

• Members
  • 1,607 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 07:52 PM

it looks lie its actually blowing from the box 'casing'. its a five minute job to to a rear box, so it could be done in their car park. or, if you still have it, is to put the standard exhaust back on while they sort you out with a new one. You'll be lucky to get a replacement without giving the faulty one back first.

#4 MiniBonkerz

MiniBonkerz

• Traders
  • 1,893 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 10:22 PM

I dont fancy driving all the way to potters bar to get it changed and i dont have another to put on wont they send a replacment so i can swap them over then send it back at the end of the day i paid good money for it and its not my fault here what would trading standards say on the matter? not that it needs them yet im still waiting to hear back from them

#5 MiniBonkerz

MiniBonkerz

• Traders
  • 1,893 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 08:54 AM

Just got a e-mail back they are going to send a replacement out and i need to send the old one back once new one is fitted so they can send it away to there supplier :thumbsup:

#6 redhotmini

redhotmini

• Members
  • 1,607 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 07:45 PM

Just got a e-mail back they are going to send a replacement out and i need to send the old one back once new one is fitted so they can send it away to there supplier >_<

:P they must trust you then! I'd never do that, I always ask for the faulty part back at the time of swapping ti, or they pay for the new part, and get refunded when they bring the old one back. but then the motor trade is full of people you can't trust with your sandwich.

#7 rick.spi

rick.spi

• Members
  • 1,686 posts
  • Local Club: "WOT NO BRAKES"

Posted 12 August 2009 - 07:56 PM

still have the cat on >_< lol, long time since ive seen one of those!

Edited by rick.spi, 12 August 2009 - 07:56 PM.

#8 redhotmini

redhotmini

• Members
  • 1,607 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 07:57 PM

dont tell anyone, but the cat on mine is just an empty casing!

#9 andatche

andatche

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 10:49 AM

dont tell anyone, but the cat on mine is just an empty casing!

It's not a requirement to keep the cat fitted, as long as you can get through the emissions come MOT time it doesn't matter either way.

#10 MiniBonkerz

MiniBonkerz

• Traders
  • 1,893 posts

Posted 15 August 2009 - 05:56 PM

a quick update i have had an e-mail from ups to say its on its way so should receive it monday:)

I'm trustworthy not that they know that so far top service by them

#11 MiniBonkerz

MiniBonkerz

• Traders
  • 1,893 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 09:16 AM

ok guys had this new one fitted since august 09 had a good look under the car today and the new one has got the same problem same place what do you reckon i should do ?

#12 Spannerhead

Spannerhead

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Cooper Register

Posted 16 April 2010 - 03:04 PM

If it was me I'd just get it stainless welded (if you were neaerer you'd be welcome to come over and I'd do it for you) then you know it won't blow again from that spot anyway. Just find yourself a local engineering company open on a Saturday morning and take it down there, 5 minute job.

Do you have a local Colas depot near you? I've got one here near me in Lewes, they've got ALL the kit and charge by the minute. I had a bit of tigging I couldn't do, took it down there, they did it on the spot and charged me about £8 from what I can remember.

#13 MiniBonkerz

MiniBonkerz

• Traders
  • 1,893 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 03:06 PM

I have a welder could i just buy some ally wire and do it?

#14 stevede

stevede

As seen on TV

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,164 posts
  • Local Club: None

Posted 16 April 2010 - 04:02 PM

No, any filler rod has to be the same as the metal you are welding. (ie stainless)

You can MIG weld stainless but a reel of wire would probably cost more that getting it done as suggested. Most stainless is done with TIG

Engineering shop is a better bet than a garage for this option. In my experience Saturday morning jobs like this usually top up the bacon buttie fund so are quite reasonable.

Good luck

Steve

Edited by stevede, 16 April 2010 - 04:02 PM.

#15 MiniBonkerz

MiniBonkerz

• Traders
  • 1,893 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 04:21 PM

arrr i get ya :P bacon buttie fund i see ;)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users