17 replies to this topic

#1 Willie

Willie

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 03 October 2005 - 11:30 AM

Hi guys...Willie here....I'm over in the States just south of Detroit in Michigan and I've gotten my Zcars kit,,Been working on it for allmost a year...Just a nice slow fun build project....It's going in a 61mk1 mini body..I have the doors opening the other way by moving the hindges on the b-piller...She's comming along nicely...The mill is a 2003 with 987 miles on her...Got a guy in Ohio who's a busa turbo freak,,,He's hooking me up the the Getto set up...Will be putting out about 300 to 310 hp...I'm pumped....Well just thought I'ed tell ya we got a Zcar build project in the States....I'm the only one over here that I know of as well as Chris said to have one of his kits over here....Hopefully another 8 months or sooner ...

Willie..............

#2 Bungle

Bungle

Original Spamster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,971 posts
  • Local Club: cornish mini club

Posted 03 October 2005 - 11:33 AM

hello willie

welcome to TMF :grin:

#3 Ade

Ade

the bogie man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,357 posts

Posted 03 October 2005 - 12:10 PM

Hi Willie

Glad to see the states has people who do bokners things to minis aswell!! :grin:

Good luck and photo's would be nice! :grin:

300 bhp!!! If you can keep the weight down you'll be looking at the thick end of 600bhp/ton!!!!! :D :grin: That should scare a few chevys etc etc :grin: :grin:

#4 Dick Dastardly

Dick Dastardly

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 03 October 2005 - 12:14 PM

Nice one Willie!

Will be nice to see a "real" Mk1 with the Z-cars kit installed- mine is a Mk3 that's been lightly Mk1'd i.e. rear light panels, front end and front grille, bonnet (hood), and boot (trunk), so the doors kinda give the game away!

Your "suicide" doors sound like a fantastic idea! Has this been done before?

Attached a rushed image of mine taken this morning.....

All the best with the build, can't wait to see some piccies.

D.D.

Attached Files

#5 Willie

Willie

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 03 October 2005 - 12:55 PM

Thanks guys,,,Yep I've seen 2 other Mini's with sucidied doors,,,Pretty cool look,,,Something diff...I also have a 68/95 Mini Cabrio thats won at a bunch of shows,,,I'll try and get some pic's up of my Mini's if I can figure out how...Ahahhaha!!! Might take a few min's. but I'll get er....I'm a Lincoln/Mercury Tech..For a living and am just plan board of Detroit Iron and can't even think about going Jap...I've had British iron all my life but am just HOOKED on the Mini's..
Willie........

#6 R1minimagic

R1minimagic

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,658 posts

Posted 03 October 2005 - 04:00 PM

Welcome to the club Willie, cant wait to see the piccies!!!

DD - Have you got any more piccies??? Did you opt out on the reverse??

#7 pete

pete

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 680 posts

Posted 03 October 2005 - 06:38 PM

Glad to see there's another z-cars build in progress. Shame your across the pond so we'll probably never get to see it in the flesh. You will have to keep us up to date with photo's instead :grin:

DD Nice colour. Lets have some more pics please.

Pete

#8 Monte Busa

Monte Busa

Super Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 681 posts

Posted 04 October 2005 - 01:18 AM

Hi Willie,

Had no idea there were like minded individuals in the Detroit area. With all the "big iron" around here (I live in the NW suburbs west of Novi), I was fearing I'd never find a fellow Busa Mini guy. :grin:

I have a "Monte Carlo" spaceframe car on order from Chris at Z-cars....been talking to him since last year at this time (has it been that long?). :D

Just a few weeks now, and the kit will be ready :cool: - the third car after Davie Maclennan's prototype and the racer Chris is currently building as a demo.

Would love to see your project some time...

Don't have any updated pictures of my project as it's still across the pond, but attached is a pic of Davie's at about the same stage of preassembly...

Aric

Attached Files

#9 Dick Dastardly

Dick Dastardly

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 04 October 2005 - 10:00 AM

It would seem our friends across the pond don't do things in half measures! Top projects guys- can't wait to see the results.

Pete, and R1minimagic- more pictures to come on my thread which I've finally got round to starting- "THE BUZZ WAGON" :grin:

ATB
D.D.

#10 Willie

Willie

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 04 October 2005 - 02:08 PM

Monte Busa!!! Ahahhahaha!!!! Hi Dee Ho Neighborly Neighbor....Talk about a small World??? !!! Well I'm in a small Village called Maybee,,,,Just west of Monroe....Bestestest's we got's ta be hooking up!!!

Are you getting the whole car built or are you just getting " The Kit " ??? Now we got it going on!!! Got any other Mini's????

Give me a shout at 734-241-2060 ext 243..Just ask for Big Willie....

Willie...Willie...Willie....

#11 Monte Busa

Monte Busa

Super Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 681 posts

Posted 05 October 2005 - 02:44 AM

Willie,

I'll give you a shout when I have a second this weekend...what day and time is best for you, or is that a daytime phone?

I'm getting a "kit", but Chris is sourcing most of the major components for me, so it should be pretty comprehensive. There is a lot of prefitting and fabbing being done by Z-Cars as well, as the fixtures and jigs are not done yet for the eventual "production built" cars they'll I'm sure sell by the hordes....it's all by hand at this point according to Chris. He has been kind enough to make sure to minimize the amount of headache I will have in fabrication as we struck a deal on the car before he even began working on the prototype.

I'm getting really excited about getting the kit home....

by the way, who did your importation work? My brother's a customs broker, so he was thinking of doing it, but I'd be interested in considering someone who has "been through it before".

This'll be my first mini project....and I can't wait!

Another teaser...got the attached from Davie when he and Chris first tested the proto. It's called "Mini Air Time". :cool:

Talk to you soon.

Aric

Attached Files

#12 Willie

Willie

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 05 October 2005 - 09:14 AM

Ya know Monte it's been awhile and I'm not rightly sure who I got to do the importing for me...All I know it was EXPENSIVE and my ars is still healing from that wonderful experience...Ouch!!! O Well....Ahahhaha!!

Thats my work num...I'll be there today at that num, from 7:00 to 5:00....After that not untill Monday....Going Salmon fishing Thursday to Sunday In the Muskegin River...YAHOOOO!!!!! Can't wait to get it on with them 30 lb lunkers and ICE COLD BEER....YUM YUM !!!!
Talk at ya soon,,,,,,Willie.....hic*

#13 Pandora

Pandora

Cadwell Event organiser

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,054 posts
  • Local Club: TMF Lincoln

Posted 05 October 2005 - 09:06 PM

Hi Willie just wanted to know did you buy a new mk1 body shell or did you referb and old one. Its just i think its a shame when people dismantle a mk1 and go and put a wacking great engine in it, when i think it could be done to a classic spec.

Ps i dream of the day when i can get a zcar converstion haha.

CJ

#14 Dick Dastardly

Dick Dastardly

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 06 October 2005 - 04:17 PM

Each to his/her own. What's important is that it's still alive (well, ok so it's not actually living, but you know what I mean)- just think of all the Mk1's that have been left to rot away......

....now that's a shame.

D.D.

#15 Willie

Willie

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 08 October 2005 - 06:39 PM

Yep,,,She sure is a 61 MK1,,,,Got her from Florida...Shipped her up her and Hacked and Waked the C**p out of her....But don't worry The only thing thats going to say 61 Mk1 on her is the rear tail lights..I'm keeping them for nostalgic reasons..Ahahhahahha!!!!

The car and I had a good talk and she said she allways wanted to go Screamingly Fast...She said that 850cc just was'nt getting the job done for her...When I told her what I was going to do to her,,,She said I love you Willie...You are going to fullfill my fantasy....Then I told her I'm also going to stuff a Turbo on the mill...At that moment you could see tears of joy streaming down for her rusted headlite sockets,,,,Which have been converted of to a Frenched in style bucket,,,Called Hagon,,,YUM YUM!!!! Good stuff Man!!!!

Willie.Willie. Willie,,,,,,,,,,hic*

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users