#1 taffy1967

taffy1967

Whovian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,896 posts
  • Local Club: South Wales Minis

Posted 09 October 2009 - 11:26 PM

The rare Mini documentary that was broadcast on BBC2 during the earlier part of 1989, which was also created to highlight the Minis 30th anniversary that year.

#2 taffy1967

taffy1967

Whovian

• Members
  • 9,896 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 11:28 PM

The Mini appeared on Top Gear during 1989 to highlight it's motor racing history and it was also featured taking part in motor racing at the time.

The Mini appeared on Top Gear again in 1989 to highlight it's massive 30th birthday celebrations at Silverstone and to also feature many of the then new Mini performance variants that had just been launched.

#3 taffy1967

taffy1967

Whovian

• Members
  • 9,896 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 11:33 PM

The Mini Cooper gets a feature and a revue on the Discovery Turbo Sky TV programme. Paddy Hopkirk Is Also Briefly Interviewed.

The V2 Vodka Martini 'Mini Cooper' TV adverts that got shown around 1997/98 and which paid homage to that 1969 great British classic comedy crime caper film 'The Italian Job' which starred Michael Caine.

The BBC1 & ITV Afternoon TV News Coverage Of The Last Mini Rolling Off The Famous Longbridge Mini Production Line On The 4th October 2000 At Around 9.30am.

British film star legend Michael Caine signs his name on the bonnet of a great British Mini Cooper during the celebrity auction TV programme.

The Mini Cooper And Michael Cooper (son of the late great John Cooper) Get Featured On Top Gear GTi Back In 2001.

#4 taffy1967

taffy1967

Whovian

• Members
  • 9,896 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 11:38 PM

'The Car's The Star' which was the Top Gear spin off TV show (written & presented by Quentin Willson) that featured the great British Mini in this particular episode which was first shown on BBC2 in 1997.

The Mini Cooper And The Late John Cooper (plus the National Motor Museum @ Beaulieu) Feature On The Final Episodes Of The 'Classic Cars' Motoring TV Programme, First Shown On 'Men & Motors' Back In 1999.

The Mini Cooper, John Rhodes, Warwick Banks And Phil Short (plus the 'Top 10 Cars Of The Century') Feature On The Final Episode Of The 'Classic Cars' Motoring TV Programme, First Shown On 'Men & Motors' Back In 1999.

#5 taffy1967

taffy1967

Whovian

• Members
  • 9,896 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 11:40 PM

The groovy swinging sixties short film which advertised Dunlop SP Sports radial tyres and the legendary Mini Cooper S.

The main story is about 2 groovy babes driving all over Europe in a brightly coloured MKII Mini Cooper S, whilst being pursued by some very dodgy men.

So its a kind of psychedelic 'Thelma & Louise' on acid, but with a happy ending and a bit of comedy thrown in along the way too.

The film stars the late actor Barrie Gosney, former professional racing driver Liane Engeman (who drives the Mini) & Welsh born actress Beth Morris.

Edited by Deathrow, 22 September 2011 - 07:12 PM.

#6 taffy1967

taffy1967

Whovian

• Members
  • 9,896 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 09:48 PM

Here's another short archive Mini video featuring footage of the massive cavalcade at Silverstone for Mini 30: -

That was Sunday the 27th of August 1989 and I was somewhere on that gridlocked track.

;D

#7 dannzhu

dannzhu

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts
  • Local Club: VMCI

Posted 09 November 2009 - 08:57 AM

The groovy swinging sixties short film which advertised Dunlop SP Sports radial tyres and the legendary Mini Cooper S.

The main story is about 2 groovy babes driving all over Europe in a brightly coloured MKII Mini Cooper S, whilst being pursued by some very dodgy men.

So its a kind of psychedelic 'Thelma & Louise' on acid, but with a happy ending and a bit of comedy thrown in along the way too.

The film stars the late Barrie Gosney, former professional racing driver Liane Engeman (who drives the Mini) & Beth Morris.

That's a very nice mini.
Do you know what kinda orange colour is that?
Is it original BMC colour? It doesn't look like any orange colours on minicolours.co.uk

Daniel

#8 taffy1967

taffy1967

Whovian

• Members
  • 9,896 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 12:39 AM

The film stars the late Barrie Gosney, former professional racing driver Liane Engeman (who drives the Mini) & Beth Morris.

That's a very nice mini.
Do you know what kinda orange colour is that?
Is it original BMC colour? It doesn't look like any orange colours on minicolours.co.uk

Daniel

Well I'm told that particular MK 2 Mini Cooper S was a press car and it was originally red with a black roof.

But for the movie they had it resprayed in what was probably the then corporate Dunlop Tyres colour. Well it's the same colour as that Dunlop Tyres truck you see in the film anyway.

#9 taffy1967

taffy1967

Whovian

• Members
  • 9,896 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 12:40 AM

Here's another recent addition. But please: -

Click The Link Below First: -

Click Me

With that classic Mini TV advert above from 1989, I got all creative as the soundtrack on my 20 year old video tape wasn't good.

So thanks to the miracle that is Windows Movie Maker, I was able to effectively remix/overlay (or whatever?) the actual song used from a 1960's CD compilation album we have. I got it spot on so it ran parallel with the low quality original soundtrack, then I set it so you only hear the high quality stereo mind blowing version instead. Plus it began and ended at the same points and I set it to fade in and out too.

So thank God for MySpace, because after going to all that trouble and uploading it to YouTube, the rotten gits removed the audio due to it being copywrite!: -

I'm not happy as there's thousands of video's on there featuring copywrite music, including video's with music from The Beatles and Jimi Hendrix which are probably the most copywrite protected stuff that exists.

:dozing:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users