#1 Rachael

Rachael

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 121 posts
  • Local Club: Cv1 Minis :)

Posted 24 October 2009 - 07:27 PM

This was my final piece in an art exam, and it has gone on display in the foyer of an i.t company. My art tutor has told me that the company have had lots of requests from people wanting to buy it (more than 15 people in 10 days apparantly! and they want to put it in an auction. I have no problem with selling it as its way too big to go anywhere in my house, due to it being of A1 size, possibly slightly bigger. Does anyone know anything about what a canvas of this size would be worth if anything? Or could anyone say what they would pay/have paid for something like this? Personally I'm not sure it's as good as people are telling me! I want to sell it but if it isn't going to fetch much would rather keep it as it is my boyfriend's mini and he loves it! For this reason I want to put a reserve on it! Just need some advice on deciding how much the reserve would be! Any help or input will be appreciated! Cheers guys :(

Link to the painting!

#2 sparkyaj

sparkyaj

Learner Driver

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 24 October 2009 - 08:40 PM

This was my final piece in an art exam, and it has gone on display in the foyer of an i.t company. My art tutor has told me that the company have had lots of requests from people wanting to buy it (more than 15 people in 10 days apparantly! and they want to put it in an auction. I have no problem with selling it as its way too big to go anywhere in my house, due to it being of A1 size, possibly slightly bigger. Does anyone know anything about what a canvas of this size would be worth if anything? Or could anyone say what they would pay/have paid for something like this? Personally I'm not sure it's as good as people are telling me! I want to sell it but if it isn't going to fetch much would rather keep it as it is my boyfriend's mini and he loves it! For this reason I want to put a reserve on it! Just need some advice on deciding how much the reserve would be! Any help or input will be appreciated! Cheers guys :(

Link to the painting!

Hi Rachel

We have just had some photos I took at home put onto A1 canvas and to supply and print and post 60 miles it cost me £45 per picture.

Having said that - its the thought and time behind the picture that is priceless to you.

My advice would be keep it for your self or - get 50 printed and sell them at auction.........

Good luck - and great picture by the way!

#3 millermilla

millermilla

Speeding Along Now

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 452 posts
  • Local Club: BMC Brighton Mini Club

Posted 24 October 2009 - 08:44 PM

Great picture and I love that quote "How can anything bigger be Mini"

#4 Matt.P

Matt.P

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts
  • Local Club: Leyland Mini Club

Posted 24 October 2009 - 09:52 PM

Can I just say, that's absolutely fantastic!

I'd happily have one!

#5 Rachael

Rachael

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 25 October 2009 - 08:12 PM

Thanks guys, I would keep it if it was smaller, so I'm going to sell this one and make a new smaller one :genius:

#6 Matt.P

Matt.P

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts

Posted 25 October 2009 - 08:23 PM

How big is that one? (the existing one)

and what size will the smaller one be?

#7 Calman

Calman

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,674 posts

Posted 25 October 2009 - 08:26 PM

This was my final piece in an art exam, and it has gone on display in the foyer of an i.t company. My art tutor has told me that the company have had lots of requests from people wanting to buy it (more than 15 people in 10 days apparantly! and they want to put it in an auction. I have no problem with selling it as its way too big to go anywhere in my house, due to it being of A1 size, possibly slightly bigger. Does anyone know anything about what a canvas of this size would be worth if anything? Or could anyone say what they would pay/have paid for something like this? Personally I'm not sure it's as good as people are telling me! I want to sell it but if it isn't going to fetch much would rather keep it as it is my boyfriend's mini and he loves it! For this reason I want to put a reserve on it! Just need some advice on deciding how much the reserve would be! Any help or input will be appreciated! Cheers guys ;)

Link to the painting!

:genius:

#8 Matt.P

Matt.P

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts

Posted 25 October 2009 - 08:29 PM

This was my final piece in an art exam, and it has gone on display in the foyer of an i.t company. My art tutor has told me that the company have had lots of requests from people wanting to buy it (more than 15 people in 10 days apparantly! and they want to put it in an auction. I have no problem with selling it as its way too big to go anywhere in my house, due to it being of A1 size, possibly slightly bigger. Does anyone know anything about what a canvas of this size would be worth if anything? Or could anyone say what they would pay/have paid for something like this? Personally I'm not sure it's as good as people are telling me! I want to sell it but if it isn't going to fetch much would rather keep it as it is my boyfriend's mini and he loves it! For this reason I want to put a reserve on it! Just need some advice on deciding how much the reserve would be! Any help or input will be appreciated! Cheers guys ;)

Link to the painting!

:genius:

Aha! Hadn't spotted that, cheers!

A1, that's a nice big pic!

#9 Rachael

Rachael

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 25 October 2009 - 08:56 PM

Haha well spotted Calman!! >_<
The smaller one will probably be around a3.
But instead of using my boyfriends mini as the subject I'll probably use mine :lol: aha!

#10 Calman

Calman

• Members
  • 1,674 posts

Posted 25 October 2009 - 09:28 PM

Silly question, but if i were to suppy say 4 or 5 pics, do you think you could use the same pics a few time but different edited bits on them to make one of my car that kinda looks like the one in the link. And how much? Mines a shell atm so i could even get one of the painted engine etc?

Thanks

#11 Rachael

Rachael

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 25 October 2009 - 11:41 PM

Silly question, but if i were to suppy say 4 or 5 pics, do you think you could use the same pics a few time but different edited bits on them to make one of my car that kinda looks like the one in the link. And how much? Mines a shell atm so i could even get one of the painted engine etc?

Thanks

Yeah i might well be able to >_< Just email me the pics (good quality ones) and a description of just want you want doing, and what canvas size you would want. I'll see what i can do and work out a price!

My email is [email protected]

#12 Calman

Calman

• Members
  • 1,674 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 12:11 AM

Thanks, i'll bear it in mind for now til i can get some pics >_< Thanks

#13 dazzul

dazzul

One Carb Or Two?