16 replies to this topic

#1 brandon7

brandon7

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted 24 November 2009 - 06:15 PM

Anyone got any trackdays in mind over the winter or for next spring? Would be good to get a bunch of us together for a bit of a rip up and a social.
Coming from Caterham background originally we have tracked over Europe with Lotus on track.Lotus on track events They are a very friendly easy going company, well organised but accept any kind of car (not just lotus) as long as you have a good track ethic and are respectful. They go from Novice , intermediate to expirenced on most days so you are with other people your speed and you dont get a load of boners like you do at a book a track day or evo trackday for example. But still get a good selection of two seater sports cars and bike cars to test against :D So here are there up coming dates.

Brands Hatch Indy - Friday December 18th - £120
Snetterton - Saturday January 16th - £120
Brands Hatch Indy - Friday January 29th - £120
Silverstone (new stowe circuit) - £120
Bedford Autudrome - GT Sat 13th February £125
Castle Combe - Sat 20th February £150
Outon Park - Saturday February 27th - £125
Snetterton - Saturday March 6th £125
Silverstone Grand Prix - Thursday March 18th -£199
Castle Coomb - Monday 12th April- £150 (Weeyy My Birthday)

(This does not include any of their french track days they do) Its cheaper to trackdays this time of year but obviously taking a gamble on the weather. Id really like to hear if anyone has anything in mind or just thinks this is a good idea. Maybe if I can generate enough interest they may do us a bit of deal if we go as a group but not asked yet.

Also Id like to organise more meets for everyone to get to know each other properly, Its about time, some good tyre kicking and proper driving like these cars were designed for! So watch this space.

#2 cptkirk

cptkirk

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,799 posts
  • Local Club: B.M.C. + Chiminiclub

Posted 25 November 2009 - 09:07 AM

Like your thinking, I may be up for something in March, surely that'll give me enough time to get this damned thing finished??? I will confirm once car finished as I keep having to get refunds for things booked.

Also I may well be up for some French tracks as I am on the south coast so getting across from Portsmouth is no biggy, or any port to be honest - Have car, will travel.

#3 brandon7

brandon7

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 06:02 PM

GLad somone wants to go tracking! Time for you to get driving for sure!!! Its been ages int he build! =D You just love cutting up that ali plate!!! haha

Poor response from everyone else though... Come on! :-

#4 gixer1

gixer1

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 06:13 PM

Im certainly up for a few track days next year although i think i may just limp around in the novice group for a while!! Im looking at one around march i think!!

#5 e11evns

e11evns

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 168 posts
  • Local Club: not in one yet

Posted 01 December 2009 - 06:20 PM

im in whatever date/location as long as no rain is involved, be nice not to be lapping boy racers constantly for a change.

#6 cptkirk

cptkirk

• Members
  • 1,799 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 08:12 AM

im in whatever date/location as long as no rain is involved, be nice not to be lapping boy racers constantly for a change.

One way to try and avoid the rain, or at least know if its gonna:

Rain Today

#7 brandon7

brandon7

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 11:01 AM

Im certainly up for a few track days next year although i think i may just limp around in the novice group for a while!! Im looking at one around march i think!!

Nice 1! If we go with Lotus on Track you can put your name down for tuition, they have some top drivers showing you a few tricks to help you along. Last year we were at Spa with Lotus on Track and they had Mike Wyldes there (Pro driver and now team manager). My Dad managed to get him in for a half hour session, said It was very useful. It always good to have someone experienced comment on your driving I find. Stick yourself in the novice group then you can always change up if you find your being held up once you get into it.

Good to hear!
Yes my car will not be going out in the Rain either. It got a spot of rain on it last year I nearly cried.
The only cars they don't usually allow are radicals as they just tend to cheese everyone off. There will be bike engined Caterhams and Westfields, R400's and 500's, Lotus Exgies and S11's, Atoms etc with some decent drivers in as well as the odd random car. Last year there was a 600bhp supercharged RX7 so a real mix. The ideal place for our mini monsters!
So im sure there will be less lapping if your put int he right group. Dispite your ludicrous amount of BHP!! :thumbsup:

So looks like Snetterton or Silverstone Grand Prix

Edited by brandon7, 02 December 2009 - 11:03 AM.

#8 cptkirk

cptkirk

• Members
  • 1,799 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 09:35 AM

I will probably be more up for Castle Combe, less chance of rain and it gives me four months to extract the digit.

#9 bar8s

bar8s

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 12:52 PM

sounds good, I was planning some track days next spring and this looks like a good setup.

probably either Snetterton or Silverstone Grand Prix
but oulton is good track so might go for that

#10 e11evns

e11evns

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 08:30 PM

Be nice to all get together, chew the fat and a bit of tyre kicking etc. i think someone needs to take charge really and get a list of people interested and find out where there local track is and rota between them, i mean i live next door to castle combe and i know andy aint too far south either but im willing to go to other track no probs, it just needs someone to organise it and im there.........or even start a zcars owners club which im gob smacked no ones started yet or are we too cool to go on treasure hunts etc lol, joke! im sure we all have a wealth of knowledge that we can all share and show and make our car experiance so much more fun, so if someone starts a club im subscribing. whats your thoughts chaps...........like the rain web page!

#11 mini93

mini93

He's just too casual!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,615 posts
  • Local Club: Medievil minis of Warwickshire

Posted 11 December 2009 - 08:35 PM

you planning this for just z-car owners? i wouldnt mind doing a track day in my mini but i cant help but thinking against the Z's i might be left behind...not that its a slow coach if i say so myself just sure those extra ponies your kicking out should help you a tad espec if you arrange it with the caterham boys

#12 brandon7

brandon7

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted 01 February 2010 - 12:10 PM

I will probably be more up for Castle Combe, less chance of rain and it gives me four months to extract the digit.

you ready yet Captain?! Lets have it...

Be nice to all get together, chew the fat and a bit of tyre kicking etc. i think someone needs to take charge really and get a list of people interested and find out where there local track is and rota between them, i mean i live next door to castle combe and i know andy aint too far south either but im willing to go to other track no probs, it just needs someone to organise it and im there.........or even start a zcars owners club which im gob smacked no ones started yet or are we too cool to go on treasure hunts etc lol, joke! im sure we all have a wealth of knowledge that we can all share and show and make our car experiance so much more fun, so if someone starts a club im subscribing. whats your thoughts chaps...........like the rain web page!

Looks like might be at Combe this weekend 6th Feb or Snetterton 13th Feb (next week) Will confirm tomorrow or day after. both days £165 and i will check availability...
In more ways I don't think there is a need for a members club (yet).. Just get a group of guys together who want to do some driving, ill try and arrange some dates. Everything else should work itself out for now. Ive found in the past just because an owners club or a group exists does not mean it will happen any better just be hassle for a few people. Unless we start entering into static shows etc and need a fund pot I think its safe to just get the ball rolling with the trackdays via this forum and see where it takes us... I'll set up new threads as and when they come for people to commit to a date, maybe email me contact detials etc so I can call people to confirm.
Are you free this wkend? and if i'm at Castle Combe we can talk!

you planning this for just z-car owners? i wouldnt mind doing a track day in my mini but i cant help but thinking against the Z's i might be left behind...not that its a slow coach if i say so myself just sure those extra ponies your kicking out should help you a tad espec if you arrange it with the caterham boys

Sorry about delayed reply. I think it should be alright I've seen some seriously quick A series minis around the tracks and I bet yours is no different. Just make sure you have no oil leaks and are all done up tight before you turn out. Its something I'll ask though if something comes of this.

#13 cptkirk

cptkirk

• Members
  • 1,799 posts

Posted 01 February 2010 - 04:40 PM

I am still ahving issues with the dylithium crystals - they just cant take the POWER...........

Enthusiasm is high and I am aiming for your birthday at Combe, although I am not going to make any promises until mid-late March.

#14 e11evns

e11evns

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 09:06 PM

I can make combe for the 6th if anyone is going? got a screeeeetching noise coming from the alternator area i need to fix so if your going ill fix it this week.

#15 e11evns

e11evns

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 05 February 2010 - 07:19 PM

car fixed, track booked! no rain please for tommorrow!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users