#1 cookie4343

cookie4343

**Caution: Do Not Feed Alcohol**

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,257 posts
  • Local Club: CV1 Mini's

Posted 07 January 2010 - 12:16 AM

Hi i need a guinea pig, if you have some alloys that need a refurb and are willing to pay a tenner towards paint i would like to offer refurbing
them for free and giveing you them back of course, im just looking for feedback after doing a set as im thinking of starting a small buisness up.
One person only who is willing to drop of and pick wheels up from coventry.
Wheels can be as bad as you like as long as no buckels or big chunks took out of them.

#2 shorty

shorty

Short Guy

• Members
  • 3,606 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 10:19 PM

ohh i was so willing to say yes then saw you said no big chunks missing :xxx: haha

tbf i do need mine doing though however it would mean me having to leave the mini wheel less

#3 foxfan

foxfan

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 269 posts
  • Local Club: No

Posted 07 January 2010 - 10:28 PM

I have a set of those 1100 special alloys that I can let you practice on mate. I live in Leicester and can deliver and collect when it suits you. No buckles or chunks missing.

#4 charie t

charie t

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 3,153 posts
  • Local Club: wreake mini wanderers

Posted 07 January 2010 - 11:39 PM

I have a set of those 1100 special alloys that I can let you practice on mate. I live in Leicester and can deliver and collect when it suits you. No buckles or chunks missing.

Or specials and some dunlops and i'll bring his down too :xxx:

#5 rob#155

rob#155

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 268 posts
  • Local Club: none

Posted 08 January 2010 - 08:42 AM

If you want you can deliver my set of 10" minilghts as well Gaz, they need doing :lol: . Mind you, I'll need me "MOT" wheels back so tommy can have some boots on!! :angry:

#6 cookie4343

cookie4343

• Traders
  • 2,257 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 04:44 PM

Can you drop them of over the weekend, i will do yours for free for feedback purposes, after this anyone else will be £25 a wheel, the wheels will get painted
inside and out with decent paint.
At this minite im interested in starting a small buisness offering this service and once ive had some advice and feedback i want to get set up properly in a small premises.

#7 GraemeC

GraemeC

Crazy About Mini's

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,315 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 05:08 PM

How did we get from a tenner to £25 a wheel in such a short space of time?!
I presently have mine professionally refinished (rubbed down, filed if necessary ane repainted) for £25 a rim.

#8 cookie4343

cookie4343

• Traders
  • 2,257 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 05:23 PM

I presently have mine professionally refinished (rubbed down, filed if necessary ane repainted) for £25 a rim.

No mate if you read the first post it says ill do the first set for feedback purposes for a tenner towards paint, maybe i worded it wrong.
Also i worked in a body shop for 1 and a half years so i know what im doing, im not stupid.

Just forget it.

Edited by cookie4343, 08 January 2010 - 05:53 PM.

#9 roofless

roofless

Sticker Pimp

• Traders
  • 7,215 posts
  • Local Club: central minis

Posted 08 January 2010 - 05:47 PM

well done - shoot him down in flames why dont you - commence slow clap now........................

give him a chance - let him do some wheels and see how they turn out ?? maybe £25.00 a wheel could be good value depending on the results - especially as he's anticipating giving free centre caps with every refurb - you get that from your guy at £25.00 ??

no??

thought not.

He may also be looking into including new valves and dust caps in that price also - but I guess you didnt give him a chance to get that far.

wait and see if his work / offer / results are value at £25.00, and then if there not - feel free to flame him, meanwhile give a guy a chance !!

he couldnt have put it any clearer that the lucky guinea pig would get their wheels done for £10.00 / cost of materials.

jeez. :lol:

#10 lawnmowercrap

lawnmowercrap

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 896 posts
  • Local Club: Small 'n' Mighty Mini's

Posted 08 January 2010 - 05:58 PM

^^^ Same as above.

You could do ones with chucks in as well to be honest mate. I was given some 10x6 revo's off of a stock mini and they were buckled and had chucks missing. I just used chemical metal, rubbed them down sprayed themwith acid etch, primered and painted them black.

They look like new and cost me absolutely nothing!

Good on you though mate, hope it works out. Ignore the nay sayers on this forum, its gone a bit dull just lately with all the grumpy old people :lol:

Try posting on retro rides or wheel wh0res.

Lee

#11 GraemeC

GraemeC

Crazy About Mini's

• TMF+ Member
  • 7,315 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 06:03 PM

I may have worded myself badly too - but there's no need to take the bats home just yet :lol:

I was supporting the £25/rim as being a correct sort of ball park, but did expect that more than one guinea pig would be needed to prove the concept to the masses before charge that sort of price. Hence wondering why the cost had jumped so quickly.

Most people would look for a testament from a few people of the quality of work and overall approach of a company/individual before handing over their hard earned cash and their wheels. To quickly establish a reputation doing more than one persons set of wheels at a discount seems logical.

It would also be worthwhile giving a run down of what a 'customer' could expect to be done to their rims when the full price was put stated. Plus will all sizes and finishes be £25? Or is that a starting price?

Being down that part of the country I was considering dropping some wheels in to see what he could do - I could've let him have around 4 sets to play with for a while. However I'll keep my cash in my pocket now and let someone else have the pleasure.

#12 cookie4343

cookie4343

• Traders
  • 2,257 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 07:45 PM

Here's one of my partners wheels i did about a month back, the colour is Ford panther black pearl.
Posted Image

Price will vary on condition of wheels.

#13 leaky

leaky

Iv never hit a penguin in the face with a casserole

• TMF+ Member
  • 6,890 posts
  • Local Club: Basingstoke Mini Club

Posted 08 January 2010 - 07:51 PM

£25 is a very good price. The company in Basingstoke that does wheel refurbing charge about £45 a wheel.

#14 Shifty

Shifty

Sponsored by Fosters (tm)

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,129 posts
  • Name: Sean
  • Local Club: TMF

Posted 09 January 2010 - 11:31 PM

I've seen Steves work and its top class, I'd have no hesitation in letting him loose on my wheels.

£25 is an utter steal!!!

#15 foxfan

foxfan

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 269 posts
  • Local Club: No

Posted 10 January 2010 - 12:27 AM

I spose I could be a pretty good judge of Steves work really because I dropped the wheels off today. Steve seems a nice bloke, friendly and sounds like he knows his stuff, especially minis. I have every faith in him doing a good job on the alloys and have told him to do whatever finish, colour etc he chooses on them. Watch this space.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users