30 replies to this topic

#1 stocky

stocky

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 06:39 PM

Hi there, Im Matt and I live in sunny Boston, I drive a 1985 mayfair named Malcolm ( thanks to my gf for calling him that) he's a 998 with a stage one kit, chequer door cards and corbeau classic bucket seats. He's cream with black bonnet stripes

Ive done all the work on him myself as I wanted a project to keep me busy, It most certainly has done that!

Behold a picture of him at stanford hall 2009

Attached File  IMAG0103.JPG   104.77K   18 downloads

And another with me in shot standing quite oddly I must say.... That was at a campsite bout 10 miles away from stanford hall

Attached File  IMAG0100.JPG   129.02K   46 downloads

Wow dont I look short...mostly because I am haha

#2 lindy119

lindy119

Super Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • Local Club: looking for one!!

Posted 08 January 2010 - 07:06 PM

Nice looking mini, any drastic changes coming up?

#3 stocky

stocky

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 07:14 PM

Nice looking mini, any drastic changes coming up?

Yeh I just bought myself twin 1 1/4 carbs and a 12g202 head, gona mod the head abit and possibly put 1:5.1 roller rockers on it, but I need some more information before I crack on with that,
I got a pair of doors to go on because the originals are shot, a set of 13" team dynamic alloys that need a refurb before going on and then its a new windscreen because I got a crack in it and group 2 arches with a nice bit of trim I think

So yeh a bit of work to do :)

Then itll be finished................ yeh right

#4 james962

james962

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,677 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 08:31 PM

Welcome to TMF fellow bostoner :) Where abouts in boston are you from? I'm near Fishtoft :o

Your mini looks to be in very good condition from the piccys ;)

#5 stocky

stocky

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 09 January 2010 - 12:22 PM

Live near the windmill on norfolk street, yeh its not in too bad nick, have a nice patch of rust on the corner of driver side wing and passenger a panel is going bad but other than that not too bad, I ve not seen your mini about take it you use it for uni?

#6 james962

james962

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,677 posts

Posted 09 January 2010 - 01:53 PM

You plans for the mini sound good :thumbsup:

My mini is sat in a garage at the moment, waiting for me to do abit of bodywork and sort a few nick nacks out. In the meantime i bought another car for uni :thumbsup: I plan to have the mini back on the road june/july time :thumbsup:

#7 stocky

stocky

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 09 January 2010 - 03:20 PM

Hopefully itll all work out for me lol, Ive cleaned the carbs up and the head is waiting for me to sort it out, gona open the ports out and have it polished, hopefully I should get bout 55ish hp once thats all done

sure beats the 37 its got atm, but its pretty quick off the mark, ive surprised a few people in it

Mite be the noise from the exhaust tho :thumbsup: I think I could just be shouting at them!

#8 stocky

stocky

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 06 February 2010 - 04:42 PM

Thought I update this, got a load of stuff at bingley, mostly chrome bits and I picked up a screen and crystal headlights :thumbsup:

Attached File  crystal_headlamp_2.jpg   88.67K   2 downloads

Plus a picture with my new seats in!, just gotta get a back seat sorted out and recover the dash and the inside will be finished

Attached File  mini_interior_2.jpg   82.23K   1 downloads

Hope you like!

#9 chrisholland1983

chrisholland1983

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,359 posts
  • Local Club: Humberside Mini Club

Posted 06 February 2010 - 04:47 PM

hello mate nice mini where have i seen it before :( :thumbsup:

welcome to tmf

#10 paul6266

paul6266

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 482 posts
  • Local Club: Retro Classics

Posted 06 February 2010 - 04:47 PM

mini looks great, any big plans for it?

#11 mk1leg

mk1leg

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,341 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Club Jersey, MCR

Posted 07 February 2010 - 09:52 PM

Hi..and welcome to TMF and thats one nice lookin mini you have there............... :)

#12 stocky

stocky

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 08:57 AM

hello mate nice mini where have i seen it before :) :thumbsup:

welcome to tmf

No chris mate I dont think I know you, however I do remember seeing a character just like you at the ace some time ago ;) hows it going?

As for the mods i just need a few bits and bobs so I have all the parts I need to fit my twin carbs and 12g202 head, thats next, right after I fit my new windscreen and MOT the lil bugger next month!

Im very much debating a new front panel and wing and a full respray, I dont think itll ever be finished tho haha

Thanks for the comments :thumbsup:

#13 stocky

stocky

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 09 February 2010 - 08:50 PM

Ive also got yet another job to do, Ive got to investigate if I have blown up the fan for my heater, went through a rather deep puddle a few days ago and sucked a lot in as it was on at the time, had wet feet and so did my gf then abit of smoke started to come through the vents, got the main air pipe intake (inside one) off and had a look, it was soaking inside,

No burst hoses or anything thankfully, just going to wiat for it to dry out and hope I havent broken it

OOOPPPPPPS!

#14 stocky

stocky

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 09 February 2010 - 08:52 PM

Ive also got yet another job to do, Ive got to investigate if I have blown up the fan for my heater, went through a rather deep puddle a few days ago and sucked a lot of water in as the fan was on at the time, I ended up with wet feet and so did my gf then abit of smoke started to come through the vents, got the main air pipe intake (inside one) off and had a look, it was soaking inside,

No burst hoses or anything thankfully, just going to wait for it to dry out and hope I havent broken it

OOOPPPPPPS!

#15 tahitigirl

tahitigirl

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 09 February 2010 - 09:06 PM

Welcome dude....Love the checkered door inserts!

Where did you get them from??

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users