27 replies to this topic

#1 petwar

petwar

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 09 February 2010 - 05:57 PM

as above, i want to add pictures to my adverts and when i try to edit it says I dont have permission.

#2 freaker

freaker

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,378 posts
  • Local Club: mini fun club belguim

Posted 09 February 2010 - 06:07 PM

same here, i tried to do that yesterday and i kept saying that, even when i tried sold it...

freaker

#3 marksmini

marksmini

Mark - Founder of TMF since 2003 - Onwards

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,429 posts
  • Name: Mark
  • Local Club: TMF

Posted 09 February 2010 - 06:18 PM

Due to a high level of recent false sales and the seller removing the post once money was paid we have removed the edited buttom while we come up with a long term fix to stop this happening to the poor buyers.

sorry to the good sellers who this has caused a problem for. if you drop any of the Mods a PM and they should be able to edit it for you post for you in the short term.

Mark

#4 The Reverand

The Reverand

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 09 February 2010 - 08:28 PM

Due to a high level of recent false sales and the seller removing the post once money was paid we have removed the edited buttom while we come up with a long term fix to stop this happening to the poor buyers.

sorry to the good sellers who this has caused a problem for. if you drop any of the Mods a PM and they should be able to edit it for you post for you in the short term.

Mark

I've got that problem aswell...I sold my rollcage today and apparantly i don't have permission to set the ad as sold 8-(

#5 R1minimagic

R1minimagic

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,658 posts

Posted 09 February 2010 - 10:00 PM

Mark

That's great in theory but in practice it isn't very practical, i have PM'd you and another moderator but still my advert has not been changed. Seems as usual that everyone else has to suffer which isn't very fair.

#6 Retro_10s

Retro_10s

• Members
  • 10,129 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 06:22 PM

i have PM'd you and another moderator but still my advert has not been changed. Seems as usual that everyone else has to suffer which isn't very fair.

Hi.

I answered your Pm on the day you sent it within the hour,. and I offered to edit the advert for you, yet i received no reply back.

Seems as usual that everyone else has to suffer which isn't very fair.

exactly - It's not fair - But as with all forums there's a few that ruin it for everyone else - So until we can get something more permanent in place (which involved work on the forum around Everyone's working hours and capabilities) there is no other option than a blanket on the classifieds.

Sorry this is causing you grief. I did offer to edit your advert for you, but as previously stated - I have had no reply back and so I don't know what you'd like to have edited.

#7 R1minimagic

R1minimagic

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • 4,658 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 08:12 PM

I didn't get any message through from you, seems like there are so many problems with the site at the moment.

Also, i dont think this is a suitable way forward, for example ebay is well known for scammers but ebay doesn't restrict or take away all users access to the various options, that would be ridiculous and people would just stop using ebay. They tackle the bad ebayers directly. All that this will lead to is bad feeling and other moderators spending a lot of time editing adverts (there are probably 100's added each day).

What are you thinking of as an alternative?

Oh and the other thing is.....moderators do not have permission to edit adverts, it has to be done by admin!

Edited by R1minimagic, 10 February 2010 - 08:13 PM.

#8 Retro_10s

Retro_10s

• Members
  • 10,129 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 09:55 PM

Oh and the other thing is.....moderators do not have permission to edit adverts, it has to be done by admin!

Nope, Moderators have the power to edit the listings >_<

#9 R1minimagic

R1minimagic

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • 4,658 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 10:00 PM

I have had 2 different mods now telling me they cant!

#10 Retro_10s

Retro_10s

• Members
  • 10,129 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 10:06 PM

Moderators on 'The Mini forum Team' group, Admin and Moderator Admin are able to edit classifieds. If there are further problems It is worth Pm'ing 'Verns Playmate' as she is the one that granted them these super powers >_<

#11 R1minimagic

R1minimagic

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • 4,658 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 02:33 PM

I just asked Ethel to edit/remove an advert for me and he can't do it!!

#12 Bec

Bec

Crazy About Mini's

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,898 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 03:10 PM

If you would like anything amending/ marking as sold resport it to one of the admin - me and Retro_10s are around quite a lot to do this but please allow us time to be online to make the changes. We are more than aware of recent issues with some of the sellers and it for these reasons we've had to put in temporary measures whilst we are making decisions how to tackle problems with these people and prevent it happening again in the future.

It does mean it is more work for the admin to edit ads but I'd personally sooner do this than have more reports of problems with the transactions themselves and the adverts being edited afterwards to something else. It may even cut down on the time spent trying to help with any issues that occur as a result of purchases through the classifieds. It is more inconvinient for the people making the adverts but I hope they can understand we're trying to help improve the system and it's better to run with these temporary measures in place rather than closing it down completely.

I ask if anyone has had any problems with people in the classifieds to please say, whilst we can't take any responsibility for the sellers/buyers using the classifieds we can prevent them from using this section in the future should the reason be justified.

#13 garrett3

garrett3

One Carb Or Two?

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,412 posts

Posted 21 February 2010 - 09:47 AM

Sorry to say this but I will no longer list my items for sale on here if I cannot access them correctly.

I am an hoest person and will not be treated like this.

#14 Retro_10s

Retro_10s

• Members
  • 10,129 posts

Posted 21 February 2010 - 10:39 AM

As said previously, this isn't a permanent change, simply something that is in place until we have a viable solution (which isn't far off now) :lol:

It is unfortunate that a few users ruin it for everyone else but it's happening too often now,...and no one, for a even a second, is suggesting that you're not an honest person, If you feel you've been treated unfairly please don't take it personally - It's not fair that certain members previously allowed on here have scammed people out of money - Safeguarding in this way is all we can do currently.

Good luck selling your stuff elsewhere :lol:

It wont be long till we have a system in place :D

#15 Kam

Kam

Straight to the Point

• TMF+ Member
  • 4,140 posts
  • Local Club: 16vMini club

Posted 21 February 2010 - 11:28 AM

I'm also hoping it will be sorted out soon, I know the mods can only do so much at one time when they are online and I don't know how much content gets reported daily (on whole forum) but I've reported ads aswell due to being sold, editing etc etc but the ads are still there.

During which time some are due to expire and I can't re-list them as they've been reported and dont want to be reporting ads everyday to become a nuisance?

I really hope soon means very soon!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users