Photo

Blue Clubman Estate Ctu 47x Stolen..............

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 mininuts

mininuts

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,645 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Clan

Posted 12 February 2010 - 06:26 PM

Posted Image

CTU 47X

Was on a trailer. Both mini and trailer stolen. Trailer has been recovered from Coventry but, sadly no mini.

Keep your eyes open folks. PM me if you have any info and I'll pass it on to the owner.

Thanks.

#2 Mini-Mad-Craig

Mini-Mad-Craig

Crazy About Metro's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,298 posts

Posted 13 February 2010 - 08:39 PM

Dammit, not another.

Ps, is that Denim blue?

#3 miniman andy

miniman andy

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 337 posts
  • Local Club: Tamworth Mini Maniacs

Posted 14 February 2010 - 12:04 PM

my mini club (a5 minis) are on the case and keeping eyes peeled all over tamworth surrounding areas. can't miss a clubman estate like that one. and even prepared to follow it if possable.

i'll even tell martyn about it at central minis. as central minis are around coventry.

edit>>>>>>
just posted it on cv1 minis, a5 minis and central minis facebook pages.
hope it gets picked up. :) all the best.

Edited by miniman andy, 14 February 2010 - 12:12 PM.

#4 mini93

mini93

He's just too casual!

• Members
  • 8,615 posts
  • Local Club: Medievil minis of Warwickshire

Posted 14 February 2010 - 12:06 PM

ah bugger :) quite close to where i live, im not at home but ill message people from the club to keep their eyes open and minis safe

#5 james962

james962

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,677 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 08:20 PM

Bugger, i'll keep my eyes open and will tell the people from our club as well. Hope you find it soon.

#6 BenH

BenH

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 742 posts
  • Local Club: CV1 Minis

Posted 14 February 2010 - 09:41 PM

will keep my eyes peeled too,im from Cov so il make sure i mention it to everyone

#7 mininuts

mininuts

• Members
  • 1,645 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 10:30 PM

Thanks folks :D

#8 jameswhiles

jameswhiles

Speeding Along Now

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts
  • Local Club: A5 Minis

Posted 15 February 2010 - 10:46 PM

People that do things like this get me so annoyed! Ill keep an eye out around Tamworth aswel

Hope you get it back!! :D

#9 mk3 Cooper S

mk3 Cooper S

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • 5,569 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 10:58 PM

Was the trailer abandoned?i.e was it stolen for the mini or the trailer?

#10 miniman andy

miniman andy

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 20 February 2010 - 07:32 PM

just looking at possable brakings eg part on ebay. and im keeping an eye out for any 10" alloys like tha one in the photo. as im after some of them. but i will pick them up and see if i can see anything. and as anyone here knows talk *melon* loads about minis intill they finally give in and show me their "project" lol.... that seems the only way i racon...

i have been walking about everywhere from my workplace to my house, scanning for anything here. i told all my mates to look out for anyone offering parts locally. and to ask for any showing of any mini that the parts are off.......basically being very nosey without giving anything away the fact that we are all looking for it.

i even checked a mini under some tarp. but that was a 1978 van. in a very rusty state.

#11 mininuts

mininuts

• Members
  • 1,645 posts

Posted 21 February 2010 - 11:38 AM

just looking at possable brakings eg part on ebay. and im keeping an eye out for any 10" alloys like tha one in the photo. as im after some of them. but i will pick them up and see if i can see anything. and as anyone here knows talk *melon* loads about minis intill they finally give in and show me their "project" lol.... that seems the only way i racon...

i have been walking about everywhere from my workplace to my house, scanning for anything here. i told all my mates to look out for anyone offering parts locally. and to ask for any showing of any mini that the parts are off.......basically being very nosey without giving anything away the fact that we are all looking for it.

i even checked a mini under some tarp. but that was a 1978 van. in a very rusty state.

Thanks for that mate :lol:

Owner has posted this on the original forum thread on Club 80-90 VW T25 Forum

"Hi Guys. Latest info. The trailer has been returned. The manufacturer, Brian James Trailers, put a new VIN plate on and checked the trailer over, all at no cost. Good company for trailers and customer service is excellent. There is no sign of the Mini, the police are fairly certain that it has been crushed and turned in for scrap. Aparently this happens a lot and Minis are easy to steal. So the insurance claim is in. On The Nil Carburundum theory, the search is on for a new Clubby Estate."

Regards, Graham

Looks like he's decided it's gone for good.

Thanks for your help folks :lol:

#12 mini93

mini93

He's just too casual!

• Members
  • 8,615 posts
  • Local Club: Medievil minis of Warwickshire

Posted 21 February 2010 - 12:22 PM

Thanks for that mate :lol:

Owner has posted this on the original forum thread on Club 80-90 VW T25 Forum

"Hi Guys. Latest info. The trailer has been returned. The manufacturer, Brian James Trailers, put a new VIN plate on and checked the trailer over, all at no cost. Good company for trailers and customer service is excellent. There is no sign of the Mini, the police are fairly certain that it has been crushed and turned in for scrap. Aparently this happens a lot and Minis are easy to steal. So the insurance claim is in. On The Nil Carburundum theory, the search is on for a new Clubby Estate."

Regards, Graham

Looks like he's decided it's gone for good.

Thanks for your help folks :D

happens often? never heard of it :lol: hmm, im guessing they wouldnt use a local scrap yard? surely the scrap yard would check over contence? saying that i scrapped my volvo with extra metal in the back and all they asked me to do was put it on the weigh bridge, no checking what i had

#13 miniman andy

miniman andy

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 10:31 AM

nah crushing it .... most of the ones around here always put them up for sale first if they are in good nik. plus you need that green and yellow bit of the v5c to hand it to them. (just thinking some heartless and gellous previous owner who mihgt still have that part of a v5c.???

but stilll im on the lookout. just like the madaline seach we will find her.... then someone can get a nice big federal kick. (or these days a pat on the back)

edit...

Tell them coppers to stop eating mc-donnolds and pesturing me, to stop making silly excuses and to get there arses out there looking for it!

you cannot miss a old x-reg light blue clubman for gods sakes. (with my moms initals on and how old she is)

Edited by miniman andy, 23 February 2010 - 10:36 AM.

#14 MateyTheMini

MateyTheMini

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts
  • Local Club: Welsh Rarebit Minis

Posted 23 February 2010 - 02:10 PM

I'll stay on the lookout!

#15 mk3 Cooper S

mk3 Cooper S

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • 5,569 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 02:43 PM

A bit too close to home this one!!!

I will keep my eyes peeled. Where was the trailer recovered?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users