23 replies to this topic

#1 amwt

amwt

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 12:19 PM

My R-reg Cooper S Works was stolen on Thursday 25-Mar-10 between 1900 and 2200 from Juer Street near the junction with Parkgate Road.

- Rover Mini Cooper S Works
- Dark metallic green body, white roof, white bonnet strips

Edited by amwt, 26 April 2010 - 04:58 PM.

#2 E.L.M.O

E.L.M.O

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 12:54 PM

Unfortunatly I think you will find that the majority of minis stolen nowdays are stolen for their scrap metal value. I hope this isnt the case and you get it back but it might be worth checking out all the scrap metals places you can just in case. Loads of them take a car out back without V5 that isnt on the scrapage scheme.

Edit: I am in East London. I will keep my eyes open. Its a nice motor. I hope its returned to you without any damage. What security did it have if any?

Edited by E.L.M.O, 27 March 2010 - 12:55 PM.

#3 GTIAlex06

GTIAlex06

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,562 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 01:52 PM

Hope you hear something soon.

Id also imagine if my car got stolen, id look around all the scrap yards within a reasonable area...and check internet auction sites for any distincitive part you may have (although i doubt someone could be that stupid)

Alex

#4 Nick '91

Nick '91

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 631 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 01:56 PM

Ill keep my eyes peeled down here.

#5 less is more

less is more

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 172 posts
  • Local Club: NONE

Posted 27 March 2010 - 06:12 PM

Oh no!!!
A piece of history now lost, is it really number 1

hope you get it back

Andy

#6 Sir Cheat

Sir Cheat

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,171 posts
  • Local Club: Manchester Minis

Posted 28 March 2010 - 01:13 AM

Its number 2 really the numbers start at 00 i think. I HOPE THAT YOU GET IT BACK!! :)

#7 Pitcrew6464

Pitcrew6464

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,673 posts
  • Local Club: mini 7 racing club

Posted 28 March 2010 - 05:15 AM

arseholes!! keep an eye on ebay for it, make sure the police are informed in all info found, chances are the car hasnt gone far keep eyes peeled.

HOW can these people sleep at night!!!! GGGGGGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Edited by Pitcrew6464, 28 March 2010 - 05:17 AM.

#8 amwt

amwt

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 07:36 AM

I don't know if there was a number 00 before mine but the guys from JCW confirmed that this was their prototype for the 250 run of S Works, and the late JC was mucking about in it. I'm not too fussed about 00, 01 or prototype which could be just a glorified term for demo-car, but to me surely it's special. That said, for the completeness of our mini history knowledge it would be good if sometone can confirm if there was a 00.

Its number 2 really the numbers start at 00 i think. I HOPE THAT YOU GET IT BACK!! :xxx:

A piece of history now lost, is it really number 1

#9 Ethel

Ethel

..is NOT a girl!

• TMF Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,379 posts
  • Local Club: none

Posted 28 March 2010 - 09:00 AM

Hope you have some luck tracking it down. Unfortunately Minis are just too easy for toerags to cash in on, in bits or export. Keep an eye on Ebay etc too.

I agree it's shocking that they've spent god knows how many millions on surveillance in London and can't do anything truly useful with it, you're best hope is that they inadvertently drive in a bus lane :)

#10 danny2009

danny2009

Previously 'gerrard'

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,069 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 12:59 PM

oh mate i feel for you, keep checking on ebay and get it plastered on facebook, hope you get it returned safely soon :)

#11 yorkshirechris

yorkshirechris

• TMF+ Member
  • 3,873 posts
  • Local Club: www.lcmoc.com

Posted 28 March 2010 - 07:02 PM

I hope you get it back, it's been 3 weeks since my mini was stolen and haven't heard anything.

Don't rely on the Police as they're useless, best telling everyone you know to keep their eyes peeled, also check eBay and the like regularly.

#12 amwt

amwt

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 08:57 PM

What Facebook groups/pages are you using? The criminals are not so stupid to sell our cars as is on Ebay, are they?

Don't rely on the Police as they're useless, best telling everyone you know to keep their eyes peeled, also check eBay and the like regularly.

#13 james962

james962

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,677 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 08:58 AM

What Facebook groups/pages are you using? The criminals are not so stupid to sell our cars as is on Ebay, are they?

Unfortunately they would be more likely broken for parts and then sold on ebay :)

#14 welshdan

welshdan

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts
  • Local Club: ?

Posted 29 March 2010 - 03:14 PM

nice car. real shame. i would guess it will be pretty hard to get rid of those parts second hand without being noticed as they are so rare.

i would be phoning the local scrap yards in the yellow pages.

#15 Ipod

Ipod

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,024 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 03:19 PM

I hate hearing these storys about thefts

Have you put it on piston heads ?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users