8 replies to this topic

#1 rallymini

rallymini

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 07:53 PM

I originally bought the car as an accident damaged virtually new shell and built it for my Son to compete in Junior Rallycross. It proved a competitive car and regular provided some exciting races against Andrew Jordan, amongst others.

Posted Image

Posted Image

The original plan was always to convert it to a rally car at some point and the first rally version ran a standard 998 engine (not the Rallycross blue printed engine). With my son driving, it was used as one of the demo cars to convince the MSA that they should allow 14 year olds to drive rally cars. Unfortunately it took them a while to decide, so my son grew up and just had to start driving again :lol:

Posted Image

After a year of being beaten by the incredibly light and nimble F1000 Micras, it was time to move on. But not before I did a Rallysprint in Belgium, beating 'Jumping Jeff' (a former rallycross driver from the 70's) who was driving a seriously spec'd 1380 Mini.

Posted Image

In 2009 the car only did one event with a nice 1300 engine that I built with MJ, 45 DCOE, Ultra-light flywheel, SW5 cam, etc. It also ran with the original Rallycross suspension setup (which was probably a bit soft) and a gearbox that had seen better days. For 2010 it has been further upgraded to include a SCCR box, still with a 4.1 diff, coil over suspension, 4 pot brakes and a DIY internal gear linkage.

Posted Image

Posted Image

I have been using the Forum for quite a while and picked up some bargains to help get the car to its current spec, thanks to all those that helped get it this far.

I am next out at Sculthorpe on 10th and 11th April. Unfortunately they don't let Spectators in to this event (but once in, it's a pretty good event for spectating), but if anybody is interested in pretending to Service for me or fancies Marshalling (no experience required), please let me know.

Thanks, Mark

#2 miniadventure

miniadventure

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 724 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 09:39 PM

looking very nice. Hope it goes well and u dont have any problems

Edited by miniadventure, 29 March 2010 - 09:40 PM.

#3 mk1leg

mk1leg

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,341 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Club Jersey, MCR

Posted 30 March 2010 - 09:30 PM

Posted Image

Thanks, Mark

Hi..and welcome to TMF and who got more fun out of this mini you or your son................me thinks you............ :)

Edited by mk1leg, 30 March 2010 - 09:33 PM.

#4 mk3 Cooper S

mk3 Cooper S

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,569 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 09:34 PM

I originally bought the car as an accident damaged virtually new shell and built it for my Son to compete in Junior Rallycross. It proved a competitive car and regular provided some exciting races against Andrew Jordan, amongst others.

Posted Image

This photo makes me laugh.
Everyone looking at the girl except the two chav's looking at the Ford KA !!!! PMSL

#5 davidv

davidv

Flowers of JOY.

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 416 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 07:45 AM

Come on its your Hobby as well.Good Luck.Hope the Bird that landed on the roof never left a message. :tumble: Welcome Both.

#6 mm-maller

mm-maller

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 07:06 PM

just testing summin ignore

Attached Files

#7 Nick '91

Nick '91

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 631 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 07:40 PM

Welcome to TMF, great mini and definately one of my favourite mini pictures.

#8 rallymini

rallymini

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 07:54 PM

I went out to bed-in my new M1166 brake pads yesterday, it can certainly stop now!?!?!?!

Big day tomorrow - off to Norfolk for my first rally of the year :D Hoping body and car will be back in one piece on Sunday...

Unfortunately, I don't think i'll get anymore photos of 'birds' adorning the car, unless I hit a pigeon!!!

#9 cooperdan

cooperdan

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,729 posts
  • Local Club: N/A

Posted 09 April 2010 - 08:52 PM

Welcome to TMF

I am loving the mini nice one :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users