118 replies to this topic

#16 CH007

CH007

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 10 April 2010 - 06:28 PM

Thank you for all your kind words and constructive comments.

The state of play now is there is some mods needed now the engines back in the car, but nothing I can't sort out.

I'm going to run th engine in the state of tune it was before I took the engine out. Run it in for 500 miles, then fit the Megajolt system, run this for 100ish miles, then fit the new head and charger etc, drive it around the block, then onto a trailer to Slark Engineering for them to do the final adjustments - better be safe than sorry...

Very nice work Graham,

I have just posted a thread up asking if anyone has done it all themselves and appears you have done the lot. Do you work in food industry as I recognise those dairy elbows >_< That's given me a some great ideas. I don't have an AC tig set but may end up getting one now looking at that alloy work.

Was the supercharger an Eaton M45?

Good eye sight, yes they are elbows from the food industry, I bought a few, thinking I may makes some inlet manifold's at some point if the demand was there. All welds are purged. Everything you see is made in my garage.

I work for an aerospace company in the life support division.

Yes the supercharger is an Easton M45 with black rotors

Thanks for the reply. That may be the route i go then and will also purge the welds to give a nice smooth interior. I like the idea of roughing the inside walls also as a polished surface leads to allsorts of turbulance and inefficiency.

#17 Grahamxx

Grahamxx

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 07:42 PM

:nice:Had a weekend off GRS work (waiting for a load of cores to turn up:nice:), so decided to fit the supercharger to the classic!
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

All my own handy work;) problem is the clutch dosen't like the extra power, so going to have to replace this:frown: What clutch would you guys reconmend?

#18 mini13

mini13

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,802 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 07:46 PM

Being as you obviously are capable for putting stuff together :) How about an RTS verto clutch? essentially you take two verto clutches, pull them apart and stack two of the springs up on one unit. it has the benefit of being much lighter on the thrust bearings for a given pressure plate strength.

#19 CH007

CH007

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 07:52 PM

Very nice work as always graham :)

I am now going Turbo myself but do love the look and sound of a supercharger!

#20 joe90

joe90

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 07:58 PM

Nice Work, Ive had no problems with my clutch, running standard plate with orange diaphram, lightnened flywheel & back plate.
Joe

#21 Grahamxx

Grahamxx

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 09:16 PM

Nice Work, Ive had no problems with my clutch, running standard plate with orange diaphram, lightnened flywheel & back plate.
Joe

Got a day off work tomorrow so fitting a new clutch. Think my oil pressure has been too high so blowing oil through the crank seal. I've reeduce the poil pressure now and built a breather system, so fingers crossed!

Rolling road tune next Wednesday - if I get 120bhp I'll be happy want it nice and reliable!

#22 rick.spi

rick.spi

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,686 posts
  • Local Club: "WOT NO BRAKES"

Posted 26 May 2010 - 09:27 PM

:P exelent fab skills. i would love to have those skills and the equipment to do that quality work.

hats off to you.

all the best with it :P

Edited by rick.spi, 26 May 2010 - 09:28 PM.

#23 Grahamxx

Grahamxx

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 10:40 PM

:P exelent fab skills. i would love to have those skills and the equipment to do that quality work.

hats off to you.

all the best with it :P

Thank you...

#24 wolfie

wolfie

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,149 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 12:34 PM

That puts some of these companies kits to shame, fabrication skills and attention to detail are superb

#25 Grahamxx

Grahamxx

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 06:09 PM

That puts some of these companies kits to shame, fabrication skills and attention to detail are superb

Thank you for your kind comments

New AP clutch and orange diaphragm fitted today, so that the clutch slip sorted, Rolling road next Wednesday!!

#26 joe90

joe90

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 09:00 PM

Let us know how you get on at slarks & how much.
That is where i was thinking of going as i live in southampton its not to far
are you enjoying the driveability of supercharging?:)

#27 Grahamxx

Grahamxx

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 09:50 PM

Let us know how you get on at slarks & how much.
That is where i was thinking of going as i live in southampton its not to far
are you enjoying the driveability of supercharging?:)

Couldn't get a slot at Slark, so going to a company called NEmotors, been there before.........

Cars running ok, no real problems as such so far - touch wood!!

#28 mattwho?

mattwho?

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 844 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 02:17 PM

well what was the atw bhp??

#29 Grahamxx

Grahamxx

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 04:26 PM

well what was the atw bhp??

No reading as yet, why? well as with all supercharged classic’s there is this icing issue so there was no way for getting the mixture correct. However what we did do was mess around with the timing using the Megajolt, cars now totally different, even the sound of the supercharger is different! I’ve rebooked the car in on the rolling road on the 11th June first thing in the morning.

I spent the afternoon making a water jacket around the carb pipe using the water from the engine, hoping this will stop the icing up. Next thing to make is a breather catch tank, K/N filters will be here tomorrow, so loads to do before the Bristol mini show...

Posted Image

Posted Image

#30 Shaz_mini_Beast

Shaz_mini_Beast

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts
  • Local Club: North West Mini Club

Posted 02 June 2010 - 05:11 PM

looks amazin mate, keep us informed. and attention to detail is immense. loving your handy work.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users