tadleysimon

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,458 posts
  • Local Club: basingstoke mini club

Posted 19 April 2010 - 09:43 PM

hi all,

recently brought a project car and it was mentioned that it has rsp wheels on it.

im usually quite good at valuations but i have no idea on these. i cant find any on ebay and i cant find any for sale anywhere for that matter.

there not in amazing condition, theres some light kirbing around the rims on all 4, sorry the picture isnt great but im sure you cn all picture a wheel with a little kirbing.

just wanted a rough idea on a price as they are and a price if they where fully rerurbed. (as i know someone who could do it for me cheapish)

Posted Image

#2 Darkscamp

Darkscamp

Drives the 'Thing'

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,475 posts
  • Local Club: Nottsaboutminis

Posted 19 April 2010 - 09:56 PM

my mate had a set of these for sale on ebay. they needed refurbing a bit and had a 'Buy it Now' price of £100.

They sold in under 36hrs :thumbsup:

#3 Bungle

Bungle

Original Spamster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,971 posts
  • Local Club: cornish mini club

Posted 20 April 2010 - 06:37 AM

sold mine on here for £50 with fairly used tyres

#4 Guess-Works.com

Guess-Works.com

Gearbox Guru

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,838 posts
  • Local Club: Rugby Classic Mini Owners Club

Posted 20 April 2010 - 06:54 AM

to be honest value wise not a lot different to a std rover alloy, about £20 a wheel plus or minus depending upon the direction of the wind... and I bet there's some people looking at this who are wondering what the difference is...

#5 MiniJosh92

MiniJosh92

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,690 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 07:12 AM

Studs in line with the spokes is the difference isn't it?

#6 The_Mistro

The_Mistro

Farmer Barley Mow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,369 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 03:33 PM

there not just RSP wheels, they were also optional extras on the limited edition wheels such as the racing green, flame red and checkmate! there really more roverlites in a way! i think the Anorack did a big thread on them before he had the hump and went off!

#7 MiniJosh92

MiniJosh92

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,690 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 08:35 PM

Weren't they also on mini 30's?

#8 shorty

shorty

Short Guy

• Members
  • 3,606 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 08:37 PM

i thought the RSP ones where the ones with studs out of line with the spokes and also white on on the inside?

if not then what are the ones out of line and white inside but silver outside known as?

#9 MiniAlex

MiniAlex

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 734 posts
  • Local Club: Mini's N Oatcakes

Posted 20 April 2010 - 08:41 PM

It said in Mini World, that genuine Mini lites have the wheel stud lined up with the spoke bit. The non gen ones have the wheel studs out of line with the spokes. That's what I have always been told anyway.

Could someone pleaseeeeee tell me what RSP stands for? I keep seeing them on ebay and places, but I have no idea what it stand for! Thanks

#10 shorty

shorty

Short Guy

• Members
  • 3,606 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 08:43 PM

It said in Mini World, that genuine Mini lites have the wheel stud lined up with the spoke bit. The non gen ones have the wheel studs out of line with the spokes. That's what I have always been told anyway.

ahhhhh ok then, i was just confusing myself over it then :blink:

#11 MiniAlex

MiniAlex

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 734 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 08:43 PM

I think I found some on ebay!!
http://cgi.ebay.co.u...=item2a06005158

#12 MiniAlex

MiniAlex

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 734 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 08:45 PM

ahhhhh ok then, i was just confusing myself over it then :blink:

Hahah well apparently that's how you tell if they are proper Mini Lites :mrcool:

#13 Darkscamp

Darkscamp

Drives the 'Thing'

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,475 posts
  • Local Club: Nottsaboutminis

Posted 20 April 2010 - 08:50 PM

Could someone pleaseeeeee tell me what RSP stands for? I keep seeing them on ebay and places, but I have no idea what it stand for! Thanks

Rover Special Products :blink:

#14 Asphalt

Asphalt

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,173 posts
  • Local Club: Member of a Local Club?:

Posted 20 April 2010 - 08:54 PM

And that's wrong. Well - not quite right, to be fair. Of course the RSP Cooper (RSP = Rover Special Product) got those wheels. As did lots of other Minis (LEs). They are NOT "RSP alloys". They are just "early-ish" Rover-Minilites. Rover changed the design at some point and moved the holes between the spokes, apparently because they earlyer design was prone to cracking. The change must have occured somewhere at the end of 1991/begining of 1992 (I guess). Until then all Rover alloys had been like this - all later ones, up to 2000, had the holes between the spokes.

:blink:

#15 shorty

shorty

Short Guy

• Members
  • 3,606 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 08:59 PM

And that's wrong. Well - not quite right, to be fair. Of course the RSP Cooper (RSP = Rover Special Product) got those wheels. As did lots of other Minis (LEs). They are NOT "RSP alloys". They are just "early-ish" Rover-Minilites. Rover changed the design at some point and moved the holes between the spokes, apparently because they earlyer design was prone to cracking. The change must have occured somewhere at the end of 1991/begining of 1992 (I guess). Until then all Rover alloys had been like this - all later ones, up to 2000, had the holes between the spokes.

:blink:

mines an 89 and has the ones with studs outline of spokes, however im assuming these were put on as aftermarket jobbies lol.

but yeh, again i bought 3 outline versions of these for 50quid, all in resonably good condition as well.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users