13 replies to this topic

#1 2lrminivan

2lrminivan

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 04:36 PM

how much do you think my van rear seats are worth got some of the clips missing but not sure as ive never fitted them they also has 2 small rips

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

cheers
Andy

#2 freaker

freaker

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,378 posts
  • Local Club: mini fun club belguim

Posted 02 May 2010 - 04:53 PM

these are fitted in a mini van ?

heard of the conversion before but never saw the seats before...

freaker

#3 2lrminivan

2lrminivan

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 05:11 PM

these are fitted in a mini van ?

heard of the conversion before but never saw the seats before...

freaker

ive never fitted them before but they are a van seat conversion

i can take pictures of them placed in my van if you wish

#4 slyoldfox2001

slyoldfox2001

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,936 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 06:56 PM

ive seen these at shows sell for around £50

to be honest they're not that popular as people dont like sitting in the rear of a van (unless its one thats had a window conversion)

#5 Nick04

Nick04

Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 225 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 10:02 PM

We have a van with seat in the back, are is a car derived van on the logbook and was conversion by Leyland
Leyland didn't do meany and i've not see any around the shows so got to be £50+
Anyone wanting to see a the conversion are van will be at Himley!!

Posted Image

#6 Guess-Works.com

Guess-Works.com

Gearbox Guru

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,838 posts
  • Local Club: Rugby Classic Mini Owners Club

Posted 03 May 2010 - 07:15 AM

By law, if you fit seats into the back of the van, it will need a window fitting.

#7 mini-man-dan

mini-man-dan

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • 2,684 posts
  • Local Club: J19 Mini Owners Club

Posted 03 May 2010 - 11:04 AM

We have a van with seat in the back, are is a car derived van on the logbook and was conversion by Leyland

Posted Image

I saw this car at Malvern, and seem to remember the floor being cut back further for leg room, instead of having the overlap where the battery normally goes. I think it was this car anyway, with the battery under the bonnet.

All depends if this has to be done to fit this seat...

#8 mini-man-dan

mini-man-dan

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • 2,684 posts
  • Local Club: J19 Mini Owners Club

Posted 03 May 2010 - 11:05 AM

By law, if you fit seats into the back of the van, it will need a window fitting.

Are you sure? Vauxhall had an optional extra in their Astra vans and Corsa Combo vans to have extra seats in the back but no side window...

Edited by mini-man-dan, 03 May 2010 - 11:05 AM.

#9 Nick04

Nick04

Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 225 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 02:16 PM

Posted Image

I saw this car at Malvern, and seem to remember the floor being cut back further for leg room, instead of having the overlap where the battery normally goes. I think it was this car anyway, with the battery under the bonnet.

All depends if this has to be done to fit this seat...

Yep, that are one, we built it with the battery under the bonnet!!
Posted Image

#10 mike174

mike174

BH2N Big Cheese

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 457 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 02:21 PM

Are you sure? Vauxhall had an optional extra in their Astra vans and Corsa Combo vans to have extra seats in the back but no side window...

And theres all the landrover deffender vans with seats in the back aswell....

Mike

#11 Guess-Works.com

Guess-Works.com

Gearbox Guru

• Traders
  • 19,838 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 03:47 PM

I think the confusion may be around the change of purpose of the vehicle. In putting seats into the back of a van you are potentially changing it from a 'van' to something like and Estate, Minibus, Motor Caravan, which have different regulations regarding the constructions and use legislation...

It IS illegal to carry passengers in the back of a van, technically speaking, if you put seats in the back, and don't change the classification of the vehicle (or number of seats ) then you are in breach of this, and as we well know changing information of the registration document is getting ever increasingly difficult without DVLA pricking up their ears and demanding the vehicle be inspected. For example, if you convert a van to a 'motor home' then there are a raft of requirements which need to be satisfied before the change is granted, one of which is side windows ( well at least one which I believe has something to do with a means of escape or access in the event of accident )

#12 mk3 Cooper S

mk3 Cooper S

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,569 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 03:59 PM

I think the confusion may be around the change of purpose of the vehicle. In putting seats into the back of a van you are potentially changing it from a 'van' to something like and Estate, Minibus, Motor Caravan, which have different regulations regarding the constructions and use legislation...

It IS illegal to carry passengers in the back of a van, technically speaking, if you put seats in the back, and don't change the classification of the vehicle (or number of seats ) then you are in breach of this, and as we well know changing information of the registration document is getting ever increasingly difficult without DVLA pricking up their ears and demanding the vehicle be inspected. For example, if you convert a van to a 'motor home' then there are a raft of requirements which need to be satisfied before the change is granted, one of which is side windows ( well at least one which I believe has something to do with a means of escape or access in the event of accident )

I think this is got around by the fact they are folding and non perminant?

Lots of Land Rovers have the same folding side seats too.

#13 Guess-Works.com

Guess-Works.com

Gearbox Guru

• Traders
  • 19,838 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 04:04 PM

And not registered as a van

#14 mk3 Cooper S

mk3 Cooper S

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,569 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 04:10 PM

And not registered as a van

Yep maybe. I know the blue one pictured earlier isn't

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users