23 replies to this topic

#1 rossul.burn

rossul.burn

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 12:38 PM

Anyone know or who is on footman james what a quote would be for 998cc 1990 mini, I'm 17 and will be getting insured when passed test?

Cheers Ross

#2 Scallywag630

Scallywag630

Up Into Fourth

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,850 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 12:49 PM

Anyone know or who is on footman james what a quote would be for 998cc 1990 mini, I'm 17 and will be getting insured when passed test?

Cheers Ross

Why not call them yourself? Insurance quotes change from area to area as well as for each driver.

#3 rossul.burn

rossul.burn

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 01:03 PM

i think is going to be best idea, im just trying to get estimate prices dont have a mini yet or passed test just trying to sort as much stuff out i.e cost while im learning so know what im expecting.

#4 skaterava

skaterava

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,857 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 05:49 PM

When i was 18 last year, FJ quoted me £760 on a standard 1987 mini, 998, fully comp.

#5 Darkscamp

Darkscamp

Drives the 'Thing'

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,475 posts
  • Local Club: Nottsaboutminis

Posted 09 June 2010 - 06:05 PM

Try Peter James Insurance, they were half the price of Footman James for me. A few people on hear have tried them on my recomendation and have also saved a packet. >_<

Peter James Insurance Linky

#6 skaterava

skaterava

• Members
  • 1,857 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 06:11 PM

Try Peter James Insurance, they were half the price of Footman James for me. A few people on hear have tried them on my recomendation and have also saved a packet. :genius:

They only insure people aged 30 and over, when filling out an online quote the most recent date of birth acceptable is 1980 >_< I hate insurance companies, the youth aren't all pot smoking binge drinking saxo thrashing idiots.

#7 mini danny

mini danny

I am a mini daddy.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,229 posts
  • Local Club: british mini club

Posted 09 June 2010 - 06:13 PM

hiya matey im im the same i have a 1987 mayfair i was quoted 1023 for my first year insurance but you dont build no claims >_<

#8 the.stroker

the.stroker

TMF Admin

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,348 posts
  • Name: Dan

Posted 09 June 2010 - 06:15 PM

Pick up the phone and give them a ring , as said no two individual citcumstances are the same and this will be reflected in the price

#9 skaterava

skaterava

• Members
  • 1,857 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 06:17 PM

FJ still quoted me a damnsight lower than the normal insurance companies, A-Plan wanted £1900! :genius:

I'm off to uni in September, so the car will be SORN'd unless my parents fancy driving it. Hopefully when uni is done and i've got some spare time i can ring up the insurers and see how much damage a 1380 engine swap would do >_<

Edited by skaterava, 09 June 2010 - 06:17 PM.

#10 E-Tizzle

E-Tizzle

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts
  • Local Club: Essex Mini Club

Posted 09 June 2010 - 06:20 PM

can u get a quote for when u have passed ur test now, if you know what i mean.
i will pass my test in about a month. but i want a quote now so will they give you a passed test quote or wont be able to until my test is passed?

#11 mini danny

mini danny

I am a mini daddy.

• Members
  • 5,229 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 06:25 PM

can u get a quote for when u have passed ur test now, if you know what i mean.
i will pass my test in about a month. but i want a quote now so will they give you a passed test quote or wont be able to until my test is passed?

i got a quote at the show but she put that i had already passed so i had a rough idea what i do is ring up and say ive passed just to get a quote >_<

#12 E-Tizzle

E-Tizzle

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts
  • Local Club: Essex Mini Club

Posted 09 June 2010 - 06:28 PM

wont they ask u for dates and test numbers and stuff tho

#13 mini danny

mini danny

I am a mini daddy.

• Members
  • 5,229 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 06:29 PM

wont they ask u for dates and test numbers and stuff tho

nope never asked me just say you just wont a quote and they will ask for all you details and if your not 17 change your date so it makes you 17 that what i done when i was looking to buy my mini

#14 Darkscamp

Darkscamp

Drives the 'Thing'

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,475 posts
  • Local Club: Nottsaboutminis

Posted 09 June 2010 - 06:53 PM

Try Peter James Insurance, they were half the price of Footman James for me. A few people on hear have tried them on my recomendation and have also saved a packet. :genius:

They only insure people aged 30 and over, when filling out an online quote the most recent date of birth acceptable is 1980 >_< I hate insurance companies, the youth aren't all pot smoking binge drinking saxo thrashing idiots.

Thats strange because i'm not 30 or over and i'm insured with them. If you phone them, instead of relying on the websites, they are happy to give anyone a quote. At Bingley they even gave Minx a quote, and shes only 20.

#15 mini danny

mini danny

I am a mini daddy.

• Members
  • 5,229 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 06:55 PM

Thats strange because i'm not 30 or over and i'm insured with them. If you phone them, instead of relying on the websites, they are happy to give anyone a quote. At Bingley they even gave Minx a quote, and shes only 20.

they gave me a quote when i was 16 !!!! for when i was 17

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users