49 replies to this topic

#46 edsmini

edsmini

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 09:32 AM

just drop an email to zcars, im sure they will send the 4 nuts out to you via royal mail. i know its frustrating when you dont know what should be in the pack in the first place, i had the same issues when i built mine 4 years ago.

Ed

#47 2000lukey

2000lukey

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 09:56 AM

181082894893 on eBay. They fit no problem. With a snap on socket (I know it is a thinner wall compared to other sockets) but deff smaller nut size than standard. (and s/steel so won't rust)

#48 thien_is_cool

thien_is_cool

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 11:27 AM

Thanks for the input. The top wishbone has already been machined and the bottom ball-joint nut is only hand tightened atm, in which I will address when I get back to the front end. This info will be kept handy.

Driveline parts recently ordered have arrived and I'm halfway through fitting them. While following the Honda workshop manual, on the drive-shaft side (z-cars' shaft), there is no mention of fitting a cir clip to the larger groove. There are 2 of these grooves; one wider than the other. Honda has supplied two rings with their boot kit- circular and square profile. To keep the spider and it's rollers in place and to use everything that is supplied, I assume it is needed and fitted the thicker circular clip in the larger groove, slid the spider on and locked it in with the thinner square profile clip and continued installing the rollers, grease and boot as per manual.

If engine is installed, which it is, would it only be possible to install the complete drive-shaft assembly without the rear trailing arms installed? How have you guys done it?

-Thien

#49 thien_is_cool

thien_is_cool

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 12:15 PM

Steering column to brake pedal clearance?!?

Steering column: Z-cars' SVA collapsible

Pedal assembly: Z-cars' Wilwood offering

Pedal travel: 2-6 cm

Column is currently fitted in it's rearmost position. I have tried all positions further forward as it alters the universal joint angles but clearance worsens. Pedal box is also adjusted with the pedals' starting position further forward.

I thought these kits are built on jigs so why are clearances so poor or non-existent? There are many of these versions out there, so I must be missing something. I've already emailed Z-cars but have not gotten a reply yet.

Pictures are below with brake pedal pressed at it's fullest while turning the column. There is also visible signs of scrape marks   on the brake pedal. 

IMAG2390_zpsc326b573.jpg

IMAG2389_zps8c31f1dd.jpg

IMAG2388_zpsf00b9492.jpgIMAG2387_zps4c19203a.jpg

IMAG2386_zps0db50d03.jpgIMAG2383_zps13001d5f.jpg

#50 vtecmini2

vtecmini2

Mini Mad

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 06:50 PM

Can u post a pic of it ladle box so we can see how u have fitted etc it might help work out what's up

Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users