5 replies to this topic

#1 greenlantern101

greenlantern101

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 08:04 PM

I have the code for my original radio, but no instructions. Problem is when I reconnected the battery It asked for the code and by the time I figured out which buttons to push to change the code I had already entered in the wrong code twice. Doh.

Now it wont work and wont even ask me for the code.

Does anyone know how to reset this radio so it asks for the code again or even how to get around the code.

Thanks.

Attached File  radio.jpg   149.8K   6 downloads

#2 shedonwheels

shedonwheels

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 821 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 10:07 PM

Yep, same happened to me after some fuse issues.
Turn the keys to power (not ignition) and then leave the mini on for over an hour and eventually it will reset itself ready for you to put the code in. You can get the code for a few quid from the internet. I used this website but google it and you'll find loads. You just need to slide the radio out to find the serial code on a label underneath/on the back.

#3 greenlantern101

greenlantern101

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 02:20 PM

I have left the radio on for 24hrs with the power to the radio on (ignition on) and 24hrs with the radio off (ignition on) neither has worked.

All I get is a light on in the radio and nothing else. The display is blank.

HELP.

Edited by greenlantern101, 17 September 2010 - 02:21 PM.

#4 jake cooper

jake cooper

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 02:32 PM

Maybe time to upgrade, to one of those fancy one that take them shine discs or even plug your phone / MP3 / ipod into. The sound quality will be much better.

#5 tomfogg

tomfogg

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 02:49 PM

I did the same thing with the same radio and it went back to asking me the code after I disconnected and reconnected the battery.

#6 greenlantern101

greenlantern101

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 03:53 PM

I think its time to buy a new radio. I have found a new sony for £40 online that I can plug my ipod into.

Does anyone know if I need to buy an adaptor to fit the wiring to my 97 mini ? If so what type and where will i get one.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users