#1 monster_mini

monster_mini

One Carb Or Two?

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 981 posts

Posted 19 September 2010 - 05:46 PM

hi,

this last week i took my 998 out ready to put a 1275 in, only to find that the 1275 was scrappp, soo spent the last two days putting the 998 back in,

when we put the exhaust on, my dad kindly placed a block under the first (of my twin box rc40) to hold it up, and when i came back out to the garage after going in to get a drink, he'd lowerd the car on it:( now my exhaust has a foot long squashed bitt, and has been squashed level up about an inch(might be being dramatic but its definatly not round:P) and i was wondering how much this will restrict flow? ive reluctantly was going to keep this exhaust for the 1275 even tho i have been told it will be a bit restrictive, but with this aswell, what do you think?

i can get a picture up if that helps?

thanks

#2 Wil_h

Wil_h

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,244 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 08:15 AM

If it's the scilencer that's squashed then it's unlikey to affect flow, but is likely to be noisier.

If it's the pipe that's squashed then it will have some affect. As the centre section is not exactly expensive (I personally never run the centre box just a straight downpipe, about £10) Get your dad to put his hand in his pocket and buy a new one. although he might tell you to fun off as it seems he was helping.

#3 monster_mini

monster_mini

One Carb Or Two?

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 981 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 06:09 PM

yer it was the silencer, im tempted just to grind it out and get my mates dad to fabricate a link in it:P

but you think for definate its wont effect flow that bad:)?

#4 TopCatCustom

TopCatCustom

Previously known as C4NN0N.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,134 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 07:19 PM

If it's not even an inch I'd be very suprised if you even notice it. There must be lots of mini's with dented/squashed mufflers from speed bumps etc, as said, if it were the main pipe then it may be different, but again it takes a lot to make a noticeable difference in a road car.

#5 TopCatCustom

TopCatCustom

Previously known as C4NN0N.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,134 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 07:19 PM

-

Edited by C4NN0N, 20 September 2010 - 07:20 PM.

#6 danrock101

danrock101

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,478 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 07:21 PM

I've got some spare tubing, infact you can have my whole exhaust if you want to help me fit a flip front haha

#7 Wil_h

Wil_h

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 3,244 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 07:46 PM

The scilencers are constructed with a perferated tube running through the middle with packing around the outside. So unless it's crushed so much that the perforated tube is crushed (unlikely) it'll make no difference.

Just leave it.

#8 monster_mini

monster_mini

One Carb Or Two?

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 981 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 03:19 PM

cheers guys:) well i've just driven down to swansea, and its definatly louder:P 4 hours of constant loudnesss gave me quite a headache:P sounds good tho:) thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users