Photo
- - - - -

Minteriors ,oadby, Leicester - Anyone Know Them?

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 paulfoel

paulfoel

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 01:39 PM

Paid for a centre console off them at the Castle Coombe show on 25th Sep.

They didnt have any with them and I was going on holidays the next day but they promised to deliver to me two weeks later (when I came back from hols). Trouble is still no sign of the centre console, no reply from email address and no answer from mobile number? (and they cashed my cheque for £65).

I'm beginning to wonder if I've been conned........

#2 andy.2512

andy.2512

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Local Club: maidstone mini club

Posted 22 October 2010 - 06:06 PM

Paid for a centre console off them at the Castle Coombe show on 25th Sep.

They didnt have any with them and I was going on holidays the next day but they promised to deliver to me two weeks later (when I came back from hols). Trouble is still no sign of the centre console, no reply from email address and no answer from mobile number? (and they cashed my cheque for £65).

I'm beginning to wonder if I've been conned........

hi Paul have you tried contacting them through there new so called web site www.minteriors.co.uk/ sorry to here about your probs i hate to see people getting ripped off. ive had something along these lines before and if i find them at another show first thing i wil do is point them out to the oganisers so we can try to stop this sort of thing happening again.After all if these people are aloud to keep trading at shows this will happen to a lot more people.
anyway keep us all informed on here mate and hopefully you will get a result. good luck regards Andy.

#3 AVV IT

AVV IT

I am a shed dragger.

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,122 posts
  • Name: Dave
  • Local Club: Nobody will have me!!

Posted 22 October 2010 - 07:16 PM

I did post a warning here about this guy a few months back Click. He's also an ebay trader who took my cash for a custom dashboard, then when it didn't turn up he failed to answer phone calls or emails. I had to get my money back through pay pal in the end! >_<

#4 minivanman

minivanman

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,454 posts
  • Local Club: Backstreet Minis

Posted 22 October 2010 - 08:38 PM

Oh dear - he's at it again. A warning to anyone thinking of buying anything from him - don't bother. Lovely bloke to talk to, but has NO idea how to run a business or maintain a good reputation.

#5 paulfoel

paulfoel

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 12:35 PM

Oh dear - he's at it again. A warning to anyone thinking of buying anything from him - don't bother. Lovely bloke to talk to, but has NO idea how to run a business or maintain a good reputation.

Got hold of him now and hopefully its on its way....

Great bloke mind but not sure if he knows how many people hes winding up like this...

#6 paulfoel

paulfoel

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 07:49 AM

UPDATE:

Well despite his promises it never did turn up and now hes not answering his phone again.

Edited by paulfoel, 05 November 2010 - 02:16 PM.

#7 smoz2010

smoz2010

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 08:28 PM

Hi, it's Jay from Minteriors. I have joined TMF because I have been informed about what has been said about my company. Paulfoel, I agree that you have been treated badly, I explained this when I managed to speak to you tonight to appologise personally and explained the reasons why your console wasn't delivered until today. I must say that in the 15 years and 20,000+ dashboards and consoles that we have manufactured that I have never willingly ripped anyone off. Sometimes we do drop the ball and hopefully by joining TMF it is another point of contact for people on here to make contact. I run the business on my own and cannot always hear the phone above the machinery in the workshop. In the show season I can work 8-9 weeks long hours without a day off and sometimes things get so manic I cannot look after the business and my family as efficiently as I would like. I would like to appologise to the TMF members that have had a bad experience with me and urge you to PM me if you would like to sort things out. I will always do my best to rectify problems. Jay - Minteriors

#8 analogue_radio

analogue_radio

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,897 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 08:30 PM

Good man, nice move in signing up and apologising.

#9 smoz2010

smoz2010

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 08:32 PM

Thanks Tom, I thought you were quite supportive when Mom died and I had problems with the business, but I guess not.

#10 smoz2010

smoz2010

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 08:33 PM

Good man, nice move in signing up and apologising.

I will do what I can to put things right, thank you for the support, Jay

#11 mike_mini_mad

mike_mini_mad

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 08:51 PM

Very respectable of you to join up and explain. Hope everything gets sorted mate.

#12 smoz2010

smoz2010

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 09:46 PM

Very respectable of you to join up and explain. Hope everything gets sorted mate.

Thank you, I started over 15 years ago cause I couldn't afford the £370 I was quoted for a Genuine Rover dashboard from my local Rover Dealer. I have always had Minis and just want to provide a service for my fav' little car, just get it wrong sometimes......

#13 mike_mini_mad

mike_mini_mad

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 09:55 PM

Thank you, I started over 15 years ago cause I couldn't afford the £370 I was quoted for a Genuine Rover dashboard from my local Rover Dealer. I have always had Minis and just want to provide a service for my fav' little car, just get it wrong sometimes......

Everyone does from time to time, its inevitable. Just keep up the hard work and im sure all will be well. At least youre on here now so people have another means of contacting you.

#14 paulfoel

paulfoel

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 02:13 PM

UPDATE

Spoke to Jay. And parts have arrived.

To be fair to the guy, hes made every effort to apologise for the problems and has now put things right. Fair play to him like. It seems hes had a few problems so maybe I was a little harsh.

Hes a sound fella. Would buy from him again.

#15 smoz2010

smoz2010

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 02:33 PM

UPDATE

Spoke to Jay. And parts have arrived.

To be fair to the guy, hes made every effort to apologise for the problems and has now put things right. Fair play to him like. It seems hes had a few problems so maybe I was a little harsh.

Hes a sound fella. Would buy from him again.

Thank you Paul, I have joined the forum so that it is another point of contact for people. I don't blame you getting stressed, it is a big ask to take money from people in a field with a promise of goods, and I don't blame you at all for being concerned. Especially as I can't always return calls straight away or hear the phone. You are welcome to buy from me again and I will make sure you don't have another bad experience with me. (There will also be a good discount for the trouble).

Thank you for the update - appreciated.

Jay

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users