#1 paulfoel

paulfoel

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 08:03 AM

Update - all sorted now

Edited by Bec, 29 September 2011 - 07:49 AM.

#2 BGB

BGB

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 401 posts
  • Local Club: East Lothian Mini Owners Club

Posted 02 November 2010 - 08:09 AM

Seems like a reoccuring theme people being ripped of by folk who claim to do interiors

All I can say is i would never hand over cash for something i cant take home at a show.

and if ordering online never pay by money transfer or Cheque. Paypal or Credit card only as they will refund you if its fradulent. (sometimes)

#3 Shifty

Shifty

Sponsored by Fosters (tm)

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,128 posts
  • Name: Sean
  • Local Club: TMF

Posted 02 November 2010 - 08:13 AM

Moved to trader review, can I ask people to keep their replies factual and only post if you have had experience with this company, good or bad.

#4 CMcB

CMcB

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 999 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 08:19 AM

Can we stop this please?

One bad experience doesn't make a bad trader.

I don't know him, but I have JUST called him to see whether he was hard to get hold of, and he wasn't.

He seems like a nice enough chap, but is obviously very busy with running a business on his own. And obviously I'm not waiting on an order.

We all know people only post bad comments generally, and when things are sorted, not many take the time to update the commnity with what happened.

I am not his friend or affiliated with him or the business, just tired of people going OTT with these negative threads.

Edited by CMcB, 02 November 2010 - 08:20 AM.

#5 Shifty

Shifty

Sponsored by Fosters (tm)

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,128 posts
  • Name: Sean
  • Local Club: TMF

Posted 02 November 2010 - 08:25 AM

Craigs got a point, can I suggest the OP gives the company another quick ring, or maybe Craig could get minteriors to ring the OP and get this sorted. I appreciate that there always 2 sides to any story.

#6 CMcB

CMcB

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 999 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 08:34 AM

yeah no probs, the trader said if anyone was unhappy to call him. If you still have trouble then I would probably suggest trying during quieter times - ie early morning or early evening.

If the OP wants to send me his phone number i will speak to the seller again.

#7 paulfoel

paulfoel

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 12:06 PM

yeah no probs, the trader said if anyone was unhappy to call him. If you still have trouble then I would probably suggest trying during quieter times - ie early morning or early evening.

Cheers Craig. I will try him again but I'm getting sick of leaving messages on his answering machine to be honest. Pointless having a mobile phone if you dont answer it or phone people back.

More annoyed with the fact that this guy promised me after I eventually got hold of him last time that he'd send it out and he obviously didnt.

#8 paulfoel

paulfoel

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 12:08 PM

Cheers Craig. I will try him again but I'm getting sick of leaving messages on his answering machine to be honest. Pointless having a mobile phone if you dont answer it or phone people back.

More annoyed with the fact that this guy promised me after I eventually got hold of him last time that he'd send it out and he obviously didnt.

Mobile to voice mail. Another message left....

#9 paulfoel

paulfoel

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 12:12 PM

Can we stop this please?

One bad experience doesn't make a bad trader.

I don't know him, but I have JUST called him to see whether he was hard to get hold of, and he wasn't.

He seems like a nice enough chap, but is obviously very busy with running a business on his own. And obviously I'm not waiting on an order.

We all know people only post bad comments generally, and when things are sorted, not many take the time to update the commnity with what happened.

I am not his friend or affiliated with him or the business, just tired of people going OTT with these negative threads.

Yeh. He is a nice fella. Seemed like at the show...

But bottom line is I aint got my stuff yet, hes promised to deliver and hasnt, he rarely answers his phone, and never calls me back . They're the facts.

To be honest, he doesnt strike me as the con artist type just very unreliable...

#10 smoz2010

smoz2010

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 08:25 PM

Hi, it's Jay from Minteriors. I have joined TMF because I have been informed about what has been said about my company. Paulfoel, I agree that you have been treated badly, I explained this when I managed to speak to you tonight to appologise personally and explained the reasons why your console wasn't delivered until today. I must say that in the 15 years and 20,000+ dashboards and consoles that we have manufactured that I have never willingly ripped anyone off. Sometimes we do drop the ball and hopefully by joining TMF it is another point of contact for people on here to make contact. I run the business on my own and cannot always hear the phone above the machinery in the workshop. In the show season I can work 8-9 weeks long hours without a day off and sometimes things get so manic I cannot look after the business and my family as efficiently as I would like. I would like to appologise to the TMF members that have had a bad experience with me and urge you to PM me if you would like to sort things out. I will always do my best to rectify problems. Jay - Minteriors

#11 Sam Walters

Sam Walters

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,765 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 09:06 PM

I could also imageine that now is currently a busy time for you Jay, given people are gearing up for thier winter works before next show season?

#12 smoz2010

smoz2010

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 09:39 PM

I could also imageine that now is currently a busy time for you Jay, given people are gearing up for thier winter works before next show season?

Yes, already sorting out getting some stock ready for Bingley, trying to get my rather bare website together too. Takes soooo long to take decent pics and write descriptions etc.

#13 paulfoel

paulfoel

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 02:17 PM

UPDATE

Spoke to Jay. And parts have arrived.

To be fair to the guy, hes made every effort to apologise for the problems and has now put things right. Fair play to him like. It seems hes had a few problems so maybe I was a little harsh.

Hes a sound fella. Would buy from him again.

#14 paulfoel

paulfoel

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 02:22 PM

How do you edit a posts title?

#15 smoz2010

smoz2010

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 02:31 PM

UPDATE

Spoke to Jay. And parts have arrived.

To be fair to the guy, hes made every effort to apologise for the problems and has now put things right. Fair play to him like. It seems hes had a few problems so maybe I was a little harsh.

Hes a sound fella. Would buy from him again.

Thank you Paul, I have joined the forum so that it is another point of contact for people. I don't blame you getting stressed, it is a big ask to take money from people in a field with a promise of goods, and I don't blame you at all for being concerned. Especially as I can't always return calls straight away or hear the phone. You are welcome to buy from me again and I will make sure you don't have another bad experience with me. (There will also be a good discount for the trouble).

Thank you for the update - appreciated.

Jay

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users