#16 TimS

TimS

Mini Doctor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,712 posts
  • Local Club: TMF

Posted 21 April 2004 - 09:36 PM

1071, expensive and rare. always wanted 1 thjough iv seen the prices at shows, il keep dreaming

#17 min min

min min

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 21 April 2004 - 09:43 PM

it's a replica. :) but it goes just as good as the real thing

#18 neil_g

neil_g

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 880 posts

Posted 22 April 2004 - 09:54 AM

aye, used to get it on my old 998.. think the timing was just off in that tho.

would running higher grade petrol such as optimax, which has cleaning additives help keep things clean?

#19 adam c

adam c

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 466 posts

Posted 22 April 2004 - 07:17 PM

Once again thanks guys, keep the advice comin.
Flappyplasticbits what electronic ignition system have you got? - am looking at an aldon ignitor but have no idea what these are like? Also what are they like to fit?

#20 TimS

TimS

Mini Doctor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,712 posts
  • Local Club: TMF

Posted 22 April 2004 - 08:29 PM

just one from the l8r metro's runnign a std lucas coil, runs fine, never had any problems with it!

the aldon ignitor is alot better once set top ur engine, not really needed though unless ur runnign dsomething really quick.

neil g- optimax has a higher octane rating, and burns cooler thus y u need to retard ur ignition timing with it. it wont clear it out but it will probably prevent run on while running it, but then go back to 95 or so and ul have the same problem

#21 bluebottle

bluebottle

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 844 posts

Posted 22 April 2004 - 09:56 PM

you can fit the aldon ignitor or the lumenition set up on standard cars , its one of the first mods i'd do to any mini!....no more crappy points, just fit and forget, i've had lumenition now for about 14 yrs now, and its never missed a beat, a mate in work fitted the ignitor system to his 998 metro, covered about 150,000 miles in 3 yrs, and i dont think he even changed the dizzy cap in that time!...in the end the car fell to bits before the engine gave up!

#22 adam c

adam c

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 466 posts

Posted 27 April 2004 - 07:36 AM

Thanks guys.
Have been looking at ignitors and am undecided. Firstly what dizy will i have on my 1990 city, according to my haynes manual it could be 59D or 45D?? Have been looking at a minispares kit as its cheap but i realise cheap is not always better. Has anyone got any experience of the following kit;
Clicky clicky...
Thanks guys :grin:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users