#16 MIRVINE11

MIRVINE11

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 106 posts
  • Local Club: BritishMiniClub

Posted 05 March 2011 - 05:21 PM

Im 27, zero no claims (I actually have 7 but it's not taken into account with this cover at all) Agreed valuation of £5k, Unlimited mileage, full breakdown cover (must be a mile from home) The mini is a 1985 Mayfair, engine swop to 1275 from 998. Stage one kit and lowered adjustable suspension.

Seriously i had to get the lovely lady to repeat the price three times! Now i have it here in ink, in my hand!

TOP DOLLAR!

#17 AVV IT

AVV IT

I am a shed dragger.

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,122 posts
  • Name: Dave
  • Local Club: Nobody will have me!!

Posted 07 March 2011 - 07:51 PM

OK so I'm currently paying £260 per year fully comp for an agreed value, limited milage policy with HIC. My renewal is due next month so off the back of this thread I thought I'd give Footman James a call, they offered:

- Unlimited mileage policy
- 35 days european travel
- Breakdown cover
- Legal cover
- Agreed Valuation at no extra charge
- No claims bonus excluded (so I can use my no claims on another car/policy if I wish!!)

all for..... £125.98!! :w00t:

(I also managed to blag a mini club discount of £32.86 with TMF+ membership!!... that's one very well spent £5 that is!!) ...... Needless to say I snapped their proverbial arm off!!..... RESULT!!! :thumbsup:

#18 Spiffingly Good

Spiffingly Good

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 441 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 10:40 PM

Thumbs up to footman James Rang them up today about a Quote for me and my brother on a mini 1275 spi im 30 he's 32 I fainted at the price £107 Fully comp with all the Extras as everyone has stated i asked to pay the full amount of by card they said theres a £1.50 would i mind :Z lol ..Doh

#19 jack*regan

jack*regan

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 07:00 PM

Thumbs up to footman James Rang them up today about a Quote for me and my brother on a mini 1275 spi im 30 he's 32 I fainted at the price £107 Fully comp with all the Extras as everyone has stated i asked to pay the full amount of by card they said theres a £1.50 would i mind :Z lol ..Doh

Must agree with the footman James appreciation. Got my 1992 cooper on agreed value,unlimited miles, breakdown cover, legal cover, euro cover etc for £117 :)

#20 dhende84

dhende84

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 07:54 PM

Only thing to be aware of is that if you are on a classic policy, as these prices appear to be, if you (god forbid) replace your beloved Mini and go back to a regular car you'll be back down to 0 no claims unless within 2 years of the previous stgandard policy, as I found out the hard way a few years back!
On the plus side, FJ quoted me £360 for my Mini with 2.5l V6! I'm sure if I speak to them it'll become £1300....

#21 jack*regan

jack*regan

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 08:16 PM

Only thing to be aware of is that if you are on a classic policy, as these prices appear to be, if you (god forbid) replace your beloved Mini and go back to a regular car you'll be back down to 0 no claims unless within 2 years of the previous stgandard policy, as I found out the hard way a few years back!
On the plus side, FJ quoted me £360 for my Mini with 2.5l V6! I'm sure if I speak to them it'll become £1300....

Indeed good point well made.

Mine is not my daily driver though. So have not got any no claims building up on this policy anyway

#22 daveeeeee

daveeeeee

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 08:23 PM

couple years ago at 19yrs old I got TPFT from footman for less than £400 inc stage 1 kit

#23 mikey72

mikey72

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 09:03 PM

If you're claim free, FJ will confirm it in writing for you, and you can normally negotiate a discount with most insurers.

Edited by mikey72, 09 March 2011 - 09:03 PM.

#24 Mischelle

Mischelle

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 09:09 PM

We have our 66 Cooper S insured with Lancaster for an Agreed Valuation of £25k, and it's £166 per year with a mileage allowance of 6000 per year

#25 Richie_st

Richie_st

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 12:57 AM

Currently paying around £300 fully comp with Sureterm Direct,

But renewal has come back at £85 this year best birthday present ever!!! RESULT

#26 ad_coop

ad_coop

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 10:47 AM

with footman james how old does the car have to be?

#27 Mini Mad Drakeley

Mini Mad Drakeley

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts
  • Local Club: south down mini owners club

Posted 10 March 2011 - 10:55 AM

thats amazing, but as usual that does not apply to northern ireland :dontgetit:

theres a company here that seem to be quite good for classic CIP Insurance Crumlin.
qouted me £175 fully comp :)

aww ffs, i was hoping it did apply to northern ireland lol, aww well, whats the name of the company your insured with, il need to be looking for insurance soon hopefully :)

#28 Chris_R

Chris_R

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 11:51 AM

Just taken out insurance with Footman James - very impressed!

Same as above with unlimited mileage, full breakdown, european cover etc. 1990 mini with 1275 engine, stage 1 kit, alloys, leather interior. Parked on driveway. £157! Very pleased to say the least.

#29 Darkscamp

Darkscamp

Drives the 'Thing'

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,475 posts
  • Local Club: Nottsaboutminis

Posted 18 March 2011 - 01:27 PM

I ended up going with Peter James Insurance last year after getting several quotes.

Same fully comp insurance spec as footman james but only £120 inc breakdown. Footman james quoted me £100 more than that ;)

Just had my renewal come through for Peter James Insurance and its actually gone down by £10 :thumbsup: (never thought insurance companies knew how to do a cheaper renewal :thumbsup: >_< )

#30 Leacho

Leacho

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 19 March 2011 - 02:18 AM

How much do you think it would be for insurance with Footman James when im 17 and got a 1275cc Mini Sprite?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users