6 replies to this topic

#1 Pickup76

Pickup76

Ring Runner 2005

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts

Posted 05 January 2006 - 03:51 PM

Recently ive had a spate of clutch issuse, first the slave failed about a month ago and after the new one was fitted it quickly went out of adjustment. Now im having another problem, the clutch feels fine and goes into gear fine but takes 2-3 seconds to release then the peddle is pressed. This is intermittent and only happens every 4 or 5 times i change gear. Any ideas what could be causing this?

#2 Guess-Works.com

Guess-Works.com

Gearbox Guru

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,838 posts
  • Local Club: Rugby Classic Mini Owners Club

Posted 05 January 2006 - 04:02 PM

Think your flexi pipe may have perrished inside... one way to check if it's pipe or actual clutch is to put a bleed pipe on the nipple, get someone to press the clutch, open the bleed nipple and if the arm comes back at normal speed then there's a restriction in the pipe(s) between the slave and master.. If not then it's the clutch assembly or clutch plunger

Edited by GuessWorks, 05 January 2006 - 04:03 PM.

#3 Pickup76

Pickup76

Ring Runner 2005

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts

Posted 05 January 2006 - 04:28 PM

right hadnt thought about the pipe, it was attatched to the slave cylinder that dangerous phil gave me so it definatly isnt new. I'll check it in the morning cheers GW

#4 Pickup76

Pickup76

Ring Runner 2005

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts

Posted 17 January 2006 - 12:58 PM

Right well i swapped the pipe a few weeks back and it seemed a little better but still not right. i then fiddles with the through and that didnt make any difference. Its now got really bad, when i let the clutch up to pull away its fine and feels perfect but when i depress the clutch it doesnt disengage at all. I have to brake or accelerate hard with the clutch down and it goes BANG and dissengages with no drag and i can change gear. It does this all the time now???!

#5 binge

binge

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts

Posted 17 January 2006 - 08:29 PM

where the arm comes out of the slave cylinder in the engine bay, THis is where my prblem was. With Lots of brake cleaner, Then WD40, It loosened it up and it works fine now.

Hope this helps.

#6 Pickup76

Pickup76

Ring Runner 2005

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts

Posted 18 January 2006 - 02:24 PM

I make sure the arm pivots and slider are all well oiled and as the engine was only put together in september its in good nick. I think ive got some funny goings on internally..... but i dont want to have to take the engine out again to sort it :sad:

#7 Dan

Dan

On Sabbatical

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,354 posts

Posted 18 January 2006 - 08:22 PM

You shouldn't use oil for the plunger or pivots in the clutch system. You need to use graphite grease. The most commonly available is Graphogen which comes in a tube. This could cause the problems you have now if the oil has washed the grease out of the CRB, but I wouldn't think it has. The oil has a good chance of getting to the clutch plate and contaminating it though. What type of clutch disc and pressure plate do you have? How old are they?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users