16 replies to this topic

#1 blacktulip

blacktulip

Crazy About Mini's

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,221 posts

Posted 09 January 2006 - 08:36 PM

whats the funniest/weirdest thing to happen to you and your mini?

#2 pepe

pepe

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 294 posts

Posted 09 January 2006 - 08:43 PM

most recently!!

in the snow we had, my road wasn't gritted so went down as fast as possible and then put the brakes and handbrake on and spin and slide.... with her hand on my shoulder, foot on the dash and screaming C U NEXT TUESDAY!!

Still smilin :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

#3 Mini Mad Rich

Mini Mad Rich

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 760 posts
  • Local Club: Leamington Spa Mini Massive

Posted 09 January 2006 - 08:46 PM

I had to take my arch off! Now it looks stupid! :wub:

MMR

#4 blacktulip

blacktulip

Crazy About Mini's

• TMF+ Member
  • 6,221 posts

Posted 09 January 2006 - 08:47 PM

ha ha ha, excellent!!!

#5 blacktulip

blacktulip

Crazy About Mini's

• TMF+ Member
  • 6,221 posts

Posted 09 January 2006 - 08:48 PM

whoops, not laughing at u rich!!

#6 Mini Mad Rich

Mini Mad Rich

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 760 posts
  • Local Club: Leamington Spa Mini Massive

Posted 09 January 2006 - 08:52 PM

whoops, not laughing at u rich!!

Lol you best be! lol only joking didnt mean thst in a threating way lol.

MMR

#7 DTXDave

DTXDave

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 09 January 2006 - 09:06 PM

A couple of things..

Not long after owning my current (and first) Mini, I drove over a small hump-backed bridge in the Suffolk countryside at 40mph and I'm certain all 4 wheels left the road! Boy was that fun and a little scary at the same. :wub:

I found that most of the DIY jobs done by the previous owner involved red electricians tape. He even taped around the front parts of the doors that go around the glass windows because they had rusted through! His answer to any problem was to tape over it!

But the best thing that happened when I was in the Mini was realizing how much fun they are to drive in the snow and after rallying through country lanes I rounded a corner in time to see a Vauxhall estate come out of a junction in front of me all wheels locked on the ice and smash into a parked BMW Z3. :gasp:

#8 foster

foster

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 09 January 2006 - 09:11 PM

I did a foward flip once, well almost! i landed on the roof and then fell onto the drivers side of the car, i looked out of my door window a saw one of the white lines on the road. Then... wait for it i tried to open the door! :wub: what was that about

#9 Steve@RetroDash

Steve@RetroDash

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,163 posts

Posted 09 January 2006 - 10:05 PM

I did a foward flip once, well almost! i landed on the roof and then fell onto the drivers side of the car, i looked out of my door window a saw one of the white lines on the road. Then... wait for it i tried to open the door! :wub: what was that about

thats like me walking along a foot path and trying to look into a non existant rear view mirror. :fear:

i was waiting for my car to be mot'd and must have forgot i was walking........not sure i should be admitting to this though :fear: :fear: :fear:

#10 gsms

gsms

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,285 posts

Posted 09 January 2006 - 11:12 PM

thats like me walking along a foot path and trying to look into a non existant rear view mirror. :fear:

i was waiting for my car to be mot'd and must have forgot i was walking........not sure i should be admitting to this though :fear: :fear: :fear:

Did you make the engine noises too? ... :fear: ...

#11 The Roadie

The Roadie

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 444 posts

Posted 09 January 2006 - 11:19 PM

Last summer was the maddest thing in the Mini, culminating in the Mile Of Minis 2005 weekend in North York Moors/Scarborough by the fabulous Northern Minis.
Was a mad moment every 10 minutes!

#12 clubman_dan

clubman_dan

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 09 January 2006 - 11:38 PM

i always find my self trying to look in rear view mirrors when walking, i'll hear some thing behind me and the try and look in my mirrors to check. i do it quite often actually!!! so your not the only one nick

#13 Mini Mad James

Mini Mad James

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted 10 January 2006 - 02:23 PM

I was with my mate yesterday and we got undertaken by some idiot in a red peugeot 106 doing about 100 at least, but the moment he got in front of us sparks and smoke came out of the exhaust lmao he totally wrecked his engine me and my mate couldnt stop laughing as we saw him crawling round the next roundabout at 5mph

:wub: :o :o

Serves em right :wink:

#14 Papa Lazaroo

Papa Lazaroo

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 10 January 2006 - 02:55 PM

i always find my self trying to look in rear view mirrors when walking, i'll hear some thing behind me and the try and look in my mirrors to check. i do it quite often actually!!! so your not the only one nick

After the chaos of Christmas shopping I think all pedestrians in shopping malls should have mirrors and whilst they're at it they should have indicators on their shoulders and f**k**g reverse lights aswell!!!

#15 clubman_dan

clubman_dan

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 10 January 2006 - 10:29 PM

the other day me and my mate were heading heading over to the dump to get rid of a load of stuff,we were at a red light and this chav with girlfriend sat in the pasenger seat, pulls up next to us, his car is a 106, huuuuuge exhaust ridiculous alloys shopping list down the door etc... :sick:
anyway he starts revving his engine ready to race of from th red light, probably thinking he's schumaker or something, light goes green, and he kangaroos of the lights and stalls, me and my mate were in hysterics!!! he started up again and overtook us so we just pointed at him and laughed.
may not sound that funny but it was probably the funniest thing i saw all week!!
:thumbsup: :w00t: :) :) :w00t: :w00t:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users