m1n1

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 737 posts
  • Local Club: I'm unsociable

Posted 11 January 2006 - 09:51 PM

hello!

just a quickie about my brake master cylinder> mine is on its way out, it is a type 3 cylinder according to the book of lies. I have bought one, however that is a type 2. They both look pretty much the same... will it be ok to retro fit???

#2 Sprocket

Sprocket

Great on Injection faults

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,266 posts
  • Local Club: Manchester Minis

Posted 11 January 2006 - 11:11 PM

I thinnk your original one has metric unions and the replacement you have has imperial unions. There is a pipe kit available from Minispares for the conversion from type two to a type three, but not type three to type two which is not normaly the way to go anyways :erm:

#3 m1n1

m1n1

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 737 posts

Posted 11 January 2006 - 11:19 PM

O, i see... thankyou for the advice :0) because its going on tomorrow.
Lucky i have some unions an a flaring tool... somewhere..... just gotta find em now!!!!!

#4 Jammy

Jammy

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,397 posts

Posted 12 January 2006 - 09:22 AM

If its the one with the black band around the bottom (Type 2??) then when I rang DNS Classic I was told you can't get them new anymore. I had to buy the one with the yellow band (Type 3), which as MS says, has different unions, so had to buy a conversion brake pipe kit, also, a think to remember is, with the yellow band one, the pipes go to the other holes on the pressure valve on the bulkhead.

#5 m1n1

m1n1

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 737 posts

Posted 12 January 2006 - 03:30 PM

ALL ON! everything went on like a dream. had to make up the short bottom pipe as the union was bigger. I got it from a guy from turkey on THAT selling website. I think he's got loads as a new one appears every week > looks genuine to me, came in a federal mogul box, and had AP stamped on the cylinder, made in 1993. Would reccomend for the £40 i paid as its the same price as a rebuild kit.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users