22 replies to this topic

#1 laurapevans

laurapevans

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 02:24 PM

Hopefully this post will stop other mini drivers going through what i'm experiencing.

In Feb i order some new interior parts for my Mini from Retro Retrims, initially I was very pleased with his responses to my e-mails etc so place an order for nearly �350. He said it would take 3-5 weeks to complete. 8 weeks later after no sign of my order I called him after no responses from my numerous e-mails, i promised me i'd see my parts within a week. 2 weeks later i return from holiday, still nothing and now he not only doesn't respond to e-mail he is not taking calls.

I now believe after nearly 3 months that this company has done a runner with my money. I don't believe i can get my money back but I can help by making this post and stopping other mini owners losing there hard earned money.

I ADVISE ALL TO STAY CLEAR OF RETRO RETRIMS!!!

#2 drewsargent1980

drewsargent1980

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 377 posts
  • Local Club: Anglian Mini Club ( AMC )

Posted 10 May 2011 - 02:36 PM

I'm sorry to hear that , i've had a few bits made by Chris at retro Retrims, and his responses to my emails and feed back have always been great, they are always busy there from what i gather ( more so now then ever due to the summer and every one wanting bits made to get ready for the shows..etc) I must admit the lead time on some of my items where 3 - 5 weeks also, which did run over, but the quality of the product, was worth the wait, like any thing that is made to order there is always a chance that delays may occur due to increased work load, waiting on supplies. etc.. i know there are people from retro that come on the forum, and im sure, if they knew you where far from pleased with the service you have so far recieved they would want to do every thing possible to get your order sorted asap.

I hope it gets sorted as soon as possible.

#3 laurapevans

laurapevans

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 02:40 PM

Thanks for your post initially I was pleased but after multiple e-mails and phone calls not answered i feel i'm being ignored.
I completely understand orders can run over and I would be happy if i was getting information from them rather than nothing at all.

#4 minimaff

minimaff

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 695 posts
  • Local Club: Barnsley mini club

Posted 10 May 2011 - 03:10 PM

Not good, i would ring tranding standards and let them deal with it. People quick to take your money, but not so quick at delivring the goods. Hope you sort it ASAP.

#5 meetthespeakers

meetthespeakers

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts
  • Local Club: MAM, CMR

Posted 10 May 2011 - 03:33 PM

I bought stuff late last summer and yes it did take a good while. I believe a solid 3 months or so by the time it got here. I had to email them a few times, and they were out of stock on the headliner I wanted, so that took an extra week or two. But it got here, everything looked great. So they did come through, and I do like there products. Luckily I was not in the biggest rush. But again, this came to America, and I spent a good bit. I got Black Perforated Headliner, 2 sets of matching visors, 2 sets of a/b/c pillar trims, black boot kit, monte carlo door cards, and some other odds and ends.

I had one other company prior to them that I bought a custom dash from. He lead me on for months, said his wife was in the hospital, every story in the book, gonna get it out tomorrow etc. Before I knew it he closed his ebay account and was gone. Took me for a good ride, and never got my money back. So I've been through that process a few times. Can be frustrating, but hopefully all will come out good and you will be enjoying your new gear.

#6 laurapevans

laurapevans

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 05:31 PM

I'm away for a few days so if there is nothing on my return I think i'll try trading standards. Thanks again for your posts :-D

#7 Mini Mad Drakeley

Mini Mad Drakeley

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts
  • Local Club: south down mini owners club

Posted 10 May 2011 - 05:55 PM

ive never used retro retrims but they are on the forum so he should come on and get it sorted out :)

#8 carts60

carts60

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,007 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 06:43 PM

Unusual as Retro Retrims are one of the most reputable companies out there for aftermarket interior fabricating. I'v never heard a bad word about them, so I'd be more than hopeful it will all be sorted out

#9 wardyxxx

wardyxxx

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts
  • Local Club: Leicester Mini Club

Posted 10 May 2011 - 08:55 PM

Try optimise automotive instead - they'll never let you down!

#10 ShoutforJoy

ShoutforJoy

One Carb Or Two?

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 738 posts
  • Local Club: TMF+, Automatic Mini Register

Posted 10 May 2011 - 09:12 PM

Unusual as Retro Retrims are one of the most reputable companies out there for aftermarket interior fabricating. I'v never heard a bad word about them, so I'd be more than hopeful it will all be sorted out

If you do a search on here you will find several customers who have not been satisfied with the service they have received - and it's nearly always problems with delivery or rather lack of it.

I've only ever bought from them on eBay and had no problems with the goods or delivery at all although they are not good at reciprocating feedback.

#11 panelbeaterpeter

panelbeaterpeter

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,606 posts
  • Local Club: n/a

Posted 10 May 2011 - 09:18 PM

May I be so bold as to say there is a million miles between them two when it comes to quality. Chris' work is always second to none.

He's a very busy boy, and I can assure you he isn't intentionally ripping anyone off.

No doubt he'll explain sooner or later when he sees this.

#12 wardyxxx

wardyxxx

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts
  • Local Club: Leicester Mini Club

Posted 10 May 2011 - 09:29 PM

May I be so bold as to say there is a million miles between them two when it comes to quality. Chris' work is always second to none.

I've seen Retro's stuff first hand and it is good, I was just unfortunately put off by similar threads like this.

And from personal experience I just prefer Optimise - the quality of the custom work I wanted, the range of services provided and the customer service just swung me big time.

Is Chris on his own, or does he have a team? (I've always wondered that!)

#13 minidream94

minidream94

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,233 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 09:40 PM

The bloke from retro re trims is acctually on this forum, if you pm a mod, they can pass his name over to you and perhaps you can get in touch with him that way. another way, could always get the mods to get him to give his side of the story on this thread

#14 Racer_Pete

Racer_Pete

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,492 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 09:46 PM

I agree that that the workmanship of his doorcards etc is spot on, i have diamond stitched door cards which he done for me and they look brilliant and also various other things, but yes his customer serivice isnt brilliant to say the least.

Edited by Racer_Pete, 10 May 2011 - 09:46 PM.

#15 MIRVINE11

MIRVINE11

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 106 posts
  • Local Club: BritishMiniClub

Posted 10 May 2011 - 09:55 PM

I have spend well in excess of £400 with Chris @ RetroRetrims, and although he can be slow with orders, i would NEVER go elsewhere. The quality of his craftmanship is second to none. In fact i bought some smaller items from 'Optimise something or other' and the quality of the vinyl and stitching is not in the same league. I'd choose Retro Retrims everytime. We live in an age where everyone wants everything yesterday, and what you are ordering is custom made, this takes time. I agree Chris should get ontop of his emails etc, but others shouldn't be warned off this company, as the quality is just superb!

Mike.

Edited by MIRVINE11, 10 May 2011 - 09:59 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users