19 replies to this topic

#1 remi

remi

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 15 May 2011 - 02:46 PM

Im still throwing ideas around in my head.... either pro motive or z cars... i really really want a zcars but will prob take me about 3 years to complete to due finances

anyway... once my dissertation is in and all exams done... im going to start one or the other

ive contacted chris and i can buy the frame and all parts sperately when i can afford to which is awsome, so im hopeing to buy the frame, trailing arms and diff when i do purchase

however im torn on what engine to go for.....

ideally id like a busa... but looking at 3k just for the engine, seems crazy and will seriously set me back

but are the extra pennies worth it for the busa engine?

more than likely il be going for an R1 or gsxr1000 kit.... what are the differences? pros and cons from any you guys would be great?

gsxr's have slightly more power if im correct?

thanks

#2 miniblade81

miniblade81

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 15 May 2011 - 03:56 PM

best thing about r1 is the gear change shaft is on top off box not on bottom like other makes which makes engine more compact better to fit for fwd if your gonna stick it in back room isnt a prob when i was talking to a mate of mine who grass tracks and he seid alot of them are switching from busa to gixxer because there a good power plant and cheaper but i think if your gonna spend money you got to spend it on engine last thing you want is to wish you went for a different engine lot of hassle changing after plus what put me off r1 i got told 2nd gear can play up in bike so in a mini mite be worse dont hold me to that its just what i was told good luck

#3 rustandoil

rustandoil

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 11:27 AM

ideally id like a busa...

You might have answered your own question >_<

#4 remi

remi

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 04:28 PM

ideally id like a busa...

You might have answered your own question :)

thats what my mate said.... but 3k for an engine.... il be saving for 6 months just for the engine, and thats if i dont buy any other parts at all in that time....

hhhhmmmmm decisions decisions

#5 rustandoil

rustandoil

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 17 May 2011 - 12:20 PM

I know what you mean, but it would be a real shame if you had "i wish i had built with a 'busa engine" thoughts :)

Keep an eye on ebay sometimes complete bikes sell for less than 3k at least you could hear the engine run and know that you don't have any expensive small parts to buy (sensors are VERY expensive) and of course there would be some residual value in the remaining bike bits

#6 remi

remi

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 17 May 2011 - 12:54 PM

I know what you mean, but it would be a real shame if you had "i wish i had built with a 'busa engine" thoughts :)

Keep an eye on ebay sometimes complete bikes sell for less than 3k at least you could hear the engine run and know that you don't have any expensive small parts to buy (sensors are VERY expensive) and of course there would be some residual value in the remaining bike bits

yeh thats what id probably do to be fair....

and today ive emailed chris to order my hayabusa kit ...im buying it in pieces to spread the cost out and so i can crack on with the build, so il see what he suggests to buy first as ive gave him my current budget

not sure how long it will take to order and be ready for delivery/collection...

#7 rustandoil

rustandoil

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 08:04 AM

Good luck with your build :techsupport:

I know its hard and time consuming but remember to take plenty of pictures and post them in a build thread.............

#8 remi

remi

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 06:27 PM

just paid half deposit on my hayabusa mini z cars kit.... chris is sending me the DVD through soon

expected collection date is 4 weeks time

once i start and received the kit il start a build thread...

it will be a VERY long and slow build as ive literally never used a spanner on a car before this, but ive got time on my side and determination, so il get there eventually

thanks for the advice rustandoil..... glad ive gone with a busa, otherwise like you said id always be saying to myself "i wish i went for the busa kit"

#9 edsmini

edsmini

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 09:20 PM

just paid half deposit on my hayabusa mini z cars kit.... chris is sending me the DVD through soon

expected collection date is 4 weeks time

it will be a VERY long and slow build as ive literally never used a spanner on a car before this, but ive got time on my side and determination, so il get there eventually

thanks for the advice rustandoil..... glad ive gone with a busa, otherwise like you said id always be saying to myself "i wish i went for the busa kit"

good luck with the build, there is plenty helpful hints from the Zcars builders on here. the busa engine is the way to go they are good engines and you can use and abuse them without a problem, i give my engine death every time i get in it and it just keeps going ;-)

Ed

#10 rustandoil

rustandoil

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 05:31 AM

Congratulations on your purchase ;):) you will now need to go through all the threads on here both in the projects section and the technical, looking at the pictures and noting some of the comments will save you hours.

Quite an undertaking for someone new to spannering, hats off to you :P

I assume you have a mini as a donor?

#11 remi

remi

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 06:21 AM

Congratulations on your purchase ;):) you will now need to go through all the threads on here both in the projects section and the technical, looking at the pictures and noting some of the comments will save you hours.

Quite an undertaking for someone new to spannering, hats off to you :P

yeh ive been doing that, ive built up an album already of handy pictures etc

yeh ive started restoring the mini already,and learnt loads.... plus ive got a few mates who can help here and there, and once i graduate in like 3 weeks all my spare time can go on it so i think ill be fine, anything is possible with the time and patience

chris said 4 weeks... ive calculated June 18th as my collection date.... cant bloody wait

#12 rustandoil

rustandoil

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 10:41 AM

anything is possible with the time and patience
June 18th as my collection date.... cant bloody wait

LOL ;) :P :)

#13 KTM kid

KTM kid

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 227 posts
  • Local Club: Crews missels

Posted 22 May 2011 - 09:58 PM

Congratulations on your purchase :thumbsup::) you will now need to go through all the threads on here both in the projects section and the technical, looking at the pictures and noting some of the comments will save you hours.

Quite an undertaking for someone new to spannering, hats off to you ;)

yeh ive been doing that, ive built up an album already of handy pictures etc

yeh ive started restoring the mini already,and learnt loads.... plus ive got a few mates who can help here and there, and once i graduate in like 3 weeks all my spare time can go on it so i think ill be fine, anything is possible with the time and patience

chris said 4 weeks... ive calculated June 18th as my collection date.... cant bloody wait

Good Luck with the build, Its taken me two years so far, And I am still going. I just don't have the money that some people have on this site. but that's just life. we all share a common interest and everyone on this site is helpful. It can be testing at times, but when you drive it for the first time, I'm shore it will be all worth it.
Good Luck!!

#14 remi

remi

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 08:08 PM

yeh im in the same position, gonna be a few years and slowly building up the parts as and when i can...

il start a thread once ive picked my kit up, havent received my DVD yet, chris has sent it but i havent got it.... hopefully will arrive soon

#15 KTM kid

KTM kid

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 227 posts
  • Local Club: Crews missels

Posted 23 May 2011 - 08:41 PM

yeh im in the same position, gonna be a few years and slowly building up the parts as and when i can...

il start a thread once ive picked my kit up, havent received my DVD yet, chris has sent it but i havent got it.... hopefully will arrive soon

I wished I new more about computers to start a thread, some of them are brill. I have lots of picture of the build, it helps sell it as well. people love to see picture. So hope to see some soon.
Lee

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users