4 replies to this topic

#1 robertw

robertw

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 13 January 2006 - 09:31 PM

I have been digging about in our garage,as we had a triumph dolomite a while bk, and my bro had been going on about twin SUs for years whenever I mentioned fitting twin 40s to an old project...So i have dug them out and visually i would say they are twin SUs, they are mirrors of each other virtually...

HOWEVER I do not know how to gauge the size of them do i measure the bore on the inlet side where it meets the manifold? this measures 1.5" so im guessing these are 1 1/2 SUs? are these an over kill on a soon to be built 1275 with a stage 1 or 2 head and decent exhaust set up?

#2 miniboo

miniboo

Lord of Original Thinking

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,327 posts

Posted 13 January 2006 - 09:34 PM

nah go for it.

Look for tag numbers and search www.burlen.co.uk for th eexact type of carb butr they sound like twin hs4's.

#3 robertw

robertw

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 13 January 2006 - 09:46 PM

yer im tempted, was just after finding out what im letting myself in for, before i fit them, in case it is better to ebay them and get some 1.25s

#4 miniboo

miniboo

Lord of Original Thinking

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,327 posts

Posted 13 January 2006 - 10:10 PM

if anything 1.25's could well be a it undercarbed in a 1275 especially if you go on to do a few head mods.

What are the numbers on the carb and have you got any pics?

#5 robertw

robertw

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 13 January 2006 - 10:37 PM

the butterflys have 22.5 stamped on, i will clean the carbs up and get some pics and numbers on here tomor i hope

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users