#1 Big_Adam

Big_Adam

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,435 posts

Posted 15 January 2006 - 03:52 PM

yo,

well todays gone rather bad. my back is killing me and i've had my hand slashed by the heater thing. but anyway i was doing the bushes for the top engine stedy (the one on the left when looking from the front of the car) which i'm fairly sure i've done wrong but i want to get one of theose Ultimate engine steady for my car. thing is i have no idea which one i need. i got a 998 CC engine in a 1982 Mk2 Austin mini. so what one do i need i look and there like 5 or 6 diffrent ones and boing an idoit i have no idea which one i need.

on another note. earth straps. i want to add a second one to my engine just becuse i think my one may cop out on me soon. so i want a second for added security. were would be the best place to stick one on?? i was thinking if i get the ultimate engine steady thin i could ad one going from the water pump to the bulk head of the car. good idea bad idea??

cheers.

#2 miniboo

miniboo

Lord of Original Thinking

• Members
  • 9,327 posts

Posted 15 January 2006 - 05:05 PM

just replace the dodgy looking one rather than adding another

#3 Big_Adam

Big_Adam

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • 7,435 posts

Posted 16 January 2006 - 01:49 PM

ok, damn i'll have to do that then. but can some one tell me which engine stedy i need. its one of thoses one that connect to the pump housing to the bulk head.

on another note. you know the left hand engine stedy (left when standing from the front of the car looking at the engine) what size is the bolt that gose into the bracket that holds the engine stedy and earth strap in place.

it has two bolts one that go's thro the bracker and the bushes and another that hold that brackt to the engine?? anyone??

#4 sirmarky

sirmarky

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 16 January 2006 - 09:35 PM

those bolts are 8 mm in diameter ....
a 13 mm spenner on the head or 1/2 inch depending on the age of the car.

mark

#5 Dan

Dan

On Sabbatical

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,354 posts

Posted 16 January 2006 - 09:46 PM

Engine steadies that fit to water pumps are for Metros. You need one from the thermostat to the bulkhead. Exactly which one depends on exactly how your thermostat is arranged, read the Minispares accessory book. That'll tell you which one you need.

#6 sirmarky

sirmarky

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 16 January 2006 - 09:48 PM

usually 2 stud thermostat fitting on the 998cc ones & 3 stud on the 1275cc ones , i think anyway !

mark

#7 Dan

Dan

On Sabbatical

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,354 posts

Posted 16 January 2006 - 09:51 PM

And different heights depending on which and how many sandwich plates are fitted and different bulkhead ends for different cars. It's simpler just to ask the people who make it.

#8 Big_Adam

Big_Adam

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • 7,435 posts

Posted 17 January 2006 - 12:46 AM

ok pokey, i'll do that then, cheers folks. .

and sirmarky for the bolt sizes.

#9 rob3

rob3

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 17 January 2006 - 07:24 AM

They are NOT 8mm, nothing into a block is metric... There 5/16ths UNF with a 1/2" head

#10 kada1980

kada1980

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 608 posts

Posted 17 January 2006 - 07:34 AM

You can never have enough earths, add another won't do any harm :w00t:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users