5 replies to this topic

#1 minimeister

minimeister

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 16 January 2006 - 10:56 AM

:lol: ive scoured the earth to try and find a set of rear led lights for my 1989 city e. only minimania.com seem to have them but they are only to fit the mk1. do you know if they are actually designed yet, and if so where can i see them?

#2 AlexM

AlexM

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,302 posts
  • Local Club: NMOC, ECMC

Posted 16 January 2006 - 12:25 PM

Do you want LED bulbs or LED light clusters (lexus style), if its the bulbs you want places like halfords and wilco sell them.

#3 Guess-Works.com

Guess-Works.com

Gearbox Guru

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,838 posts
  • Local Club: Rugby Classic Mini Owners Club

Posted 16 January 2006 - 12:28 PM

Or rather, a complete rear light which is red, as opposed to Red/orange/white ??

You could get clear ones and then use some of that spray on the inside to give them a red tint, but you would need to use Amber lamps in your indicators ( and make sure they flashed amber ) and also red in your brakes..

#4 Steve@RetroDash

Steve@RetroDash

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,163 posts

Posted 16 January 2006 - 09:02 PM

Posted Image

not sure if you can see in this pic but i sprayed th inside of my lense red (middle section) it glowed very bright (had red bulbs aswell though)
cheaper than LED's

#5 Dom

Dom

Moved Into The Mazda

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,685 posts

Posted 17 January 2006 - 08:53 AM

They do do L.E.D. lights.

I haven't found them yet but friends of mine have bought them at mini shows.

I bought some from halfords and they were hopeless! They ended up turning pink like the bulbs within a few weeks and they were rather dim. I was very disappointed paying as I did £10 for something useless.

Thanks a nice idea "Nick the greek" what paint did you use and how did you do it? Have you got or can you get a closer pic of them lit up.

#6 minimeister

minimeister

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 19 January 2006 - 01:39 AM

like the look of the sprayed lenses! might try that idea and see if it pleases me. i bought some rear tail light bulbs (LED) and wasnt impressed. saw the whole cluster on minimania website, like i said before. and it looked really good, just not for the later models. ill try the spray idea and if im still not happy ill get to a show and find myself the real deal,im sure! maybe im just being too picky. i want it to look like the 3 series bmw does when it stops in front of you and suddenly youre blinded by a sudden array of red!!!

thanks guys :lol:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users