#1 minimadtom

minimadtom

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 01:30 PM

Hi Again :)

While looking up bits for my mini i saw some Aston/Monza fuel caps which i thought looked really nice but upon speaking to my brother (used to own a mini about 10 years ago) he said that he had a few of them and that they leak like hell.

just wondering if anyone could tell me what they are like and if they do actually leak?

Thanks Again!
Tom :)

Edited by minimadtom, 17 August 2011 - 01:30 PM.

#2 TfcIan

TfcIan

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 02:24 PM

I assume the monza cap is the same, but i have an aston cap and it still uses the locking fuel cap too, so it will only leak as much as your locking fuel cap does. You fit the aston cap with the locking cap off (as if you're filling up), it goes over the neck of the tank and three small bolts are tightened to lock it to the neck of the tank, then you put the locking cap back on the tank with the aston cap open.

I suppose it's similar to the fuel caps on modern cars; you have a little door which hides the locking petrol cap from view.

#3 jonny d

jonny d

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,148 posts
  • Local Club: none

Posted 17 August 2011 - 08:39 PM

YES they do seem to leak fuel there is an adjustment on them but they still tend to leak fuel I now have the monza's with the locking cap in side but the caps still leak they wern't cheap either

#4 minimadtom

minimadtom

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 11:24 PM

Argh... I'm so confused!! :L

#5 CobraV8

CobraV8

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 991 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 06:56 AM

Mine leaks too. Monza style.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: fuel, cap, aston, monza, mayfair, 1986, 998, leak

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users