#1 Spud_133

Spud_133

mmm potato and cheese....

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,689 posts
  • Local Club: C&T Classics

Posted 27 September 2011 - 03:37 PM

Hi all, this is my new purchase, as the title says, it's a mk5 cortina in gold, and its solid, with the only rough patches being where the paint has got a bit patchy. But all in all, it's a good car, even got an autobox. Anyway, me and dad will repaint it and will be all lovely again :)
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#2 MrBounce

MrBounce

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,571 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 04:11 PM

A '79 'Tina! Love it! My mate had a '79 2 litre GL but with a Manual box. It was also gold, but it had been painted in Hammerite. He then sprayed it Matt black using rattle cans. It was scruffy but great fun! Yours looks MUCH tidier!! ;D

#3 oli8925

oli8925

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,260 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 04:30 PM

Well I'm jealous. Would love a Mk4 or 5 Cortina at the moment. One of my favourite still-affordable large classic cars. Hope you'll be repainting it in glorious gold?

#4 Spud_133

Spud_133

• Members
  • 1,689 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 04:43 PM

Yep of course, like the mini, I love the unusual colours, which normally get changed. We got a lot of parts with the car including a spare windscreen and a headlight. We also got all the paint :)

#5 Mattster

Mattster

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts
  • Local Club: M4 Minis

Posted 05 October 2011 - 09:52 PM

Lovely. I had a Mk3 for a few years, bought as a project when I was 18 back in 2001 - spent a couple of grand on it and sold it for silly (as in not much) money in 2004 - pre Life on Mars.

Still like the old Cortinas. Lovely gearchange, nice and comfy, and with just enough oomph...

#6 miniman24

miniman24

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Traders
  • 1,696 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 07:43 PM

I quite like the paint that way, has that sun-baked California patina about it, that you see on some American rat look cars. But she would also look good resprayed :D

#7 AVV IT

AVV IT

I am a shed dragger.

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,122 posts
  • Name: Dave
  • Local Club: Nobody will have me!!

Posted 08 October 2011 - 09:28 PM

Ohhh yessss!!! ....... Fond childhood memories of being thrown around in the back of various marks of "Cortina" over the years (The Mk3 had to be my Favorite though to be fair). No child seats, no seat belts, just my bare skin sticking to the burning hot vinyl upholstery on long summer 70's afternoons.... :wub:

Damn the bland "Sierra" for killing off the wonderful "Cortina" and damn the even blander "Mondeo" for killing off the Sierra too for that matter!!...... and well done you for keeping a "Cortina" alive!! :thumbsup:

#8 mk3 Cooper S

mk3 Cooper S

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • 5,569 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 10:17 PM

My local scrapyard has a pair or good wings and front doors for sale if you need any?

#9 Spud_133

Spud_133

• Members
  • 1,689 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 06:12 PM

Ohhh yessss!!! ....... Fond childhood memories of being thrown around in the back of various marks of "Cortina" over the years (The Mk3 had to be my Favorite though to be fair). No child seats, no seat belts, just my bare skin sticking to the burning hot vinyl upholstery on long summer 70's afternoons.... :wub:

Damn the bland "Sierra" for killing off the wonderful "Cortina" and damn the even blander "Mondeo" for killing off the Sierra too for that matter!!...... and well done you for keeping a "Cortina" alive!! :thumbsup:

I don't have a problem with Sierras, infact I quite like them, but I am a whipper snapper, and I race them. Can't stand Mondgayoes though! Somes up modern cars with there FWD poo!

Thanks for the offer, but I think they're good, but I'll get it on the ramp soon and have a look. Cheers.

Will have a little update, SORN'd it last week as the tax ran out start of the month, will get the lorry back to take it to dads workshop, then we can crack on with getting it sorted. Thinking about a set of these. Painted black
Posted Image

#10 Spud_133

Spud_133

• Members
  • 1,689 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 10:24 PM

Well this is on the road, for the time being at least, as the Wilf, my mini, decided he needed a new heart. So this has been taxed for a year and is now my daily. The bushes on the rear axle have gone so tends to wander and also one of the brakes is a bit sticky so pulls when braking which can be fun. Anyway, as everyone loves photos, here's one of her earlier today.
Posted Image

#11 minidream94

minidream94

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,233 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 10:45 PM

Looks lovely mate :D ive moved on from minis and now into fords :) what have u got planned for her?

#12 samsfern

samsfern

Likes Rovers, loves Jeremy Kyle

• Members
  • 5,243 posts
  • Local Club: medway mini club/medwaymonkeys

Posted 04 January 2012 - 10:53 PM

Nice! I remember when a friend of mine had one of these, they go sideways well.

#13 Spud_133

Spud_133

• Members
  • 1,689 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 08:15 AM

I'm not really sure at the minute. Thinking about upgrading to electronic ignition and another head as this one is leaded. If I put another head on it'll have a little bit of other work :D Might also get it on some alloys and lower it as its soo high

#14 The Matt

The Matt

You don't escape that easily.....

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,230 posts
  • Name: Matt
  • Local Club: Welsh Border Minis

Posted 05 January 2012 - 08:52 AM

I love it! Shameless plug, get on www.retrorun.co.uk for our run to the ring. We loooove cars like this and want more of them around :D

#15 Mini-Mad-Craig

Mini-Mad-Craig

Crazy About Metro's

• Members
  • 9,298 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 12:42 PM

Gorgeous mate!! My dad swore by Mk3's for about 15 years. Awesome cars.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users