Photo

Another Welder, Fabricator To Add To The List!

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#31 Turbo Nick

Turbo Nick

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,913 posts
  • Local Club: Turbominis.co.uk

Posted 07 February 2014 - 10:14 PM

Another big thumbs up from me for Jez's work, really pleased with my shell so far  :proud:

here's a link for some progress on it this week..

http://www.theminifo...11#entry2987786

#32 cradley-heathen

cradley-heathen

Metro-Man

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,481 posts
  • Local Club: spearmint rhino

Posted 15 February 2014 - 06:40 PM

a few pics of a project im working on for "turbonick" on here, it is his clubman turbo shell, which is utterly bare at the moment. last week i fitted a new rear quarter, wheel arch, doorstep and a post, inner and outer sill, heelboard end piece, and a couple of other bits of making up to do here and there. the flitch had already been put it when i got there, but i wasnt happy with some of the welds so i cut them out and let a piece in to keep it all flush, buttwelded stylie!

here you can see the d/s heelboard and the sill, as well as a few bits i had to make up to replace some rot

DSC_2924_zps4c2087f7.jpg

this is the d/s sill area and floor, nich had also let the floorpan in before i got there, but as you can see the outer floor edge is totally flush now so it look factory original now

DSC_2926_zps0f7367e4.jpg

this is the inside of the d/s rear quarter, you can see the inside of the new heelboard, and all the gussets i have made up to keep it all really strong.

DSC_2930_zps072c9a1e.jpg

here you can see the rear quarter, step, and flitch (as well as the bit i let in to replace the overlap where the flitch had been welded in, i also replaced some of the rot at the top and nick opted to do away with vents so its all closed up now.

DSC_2933_zps2e10c927.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users