18 replies to this topic

#1 David Vizard

David Vizard

Total Legend

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 04:49 PM

OK - before you all get on my case about the power output you need to guess at is for a Ford 302 V8 built entirely by my 16 year old daughter Jacque, I need to tell you why so you know the reason it is in a Mini forum.

Here is the deal. Currently Jacque races, for three different teams, two Mustangs and a 1200 hp rear engine dragster (0-180 mph in 8.2 seconds). She does however have a burning desire to road race a Mini. Well that is not really likely to happen while she (and the rest of the family) is in Charlotte, North Carolina.

But if we can get some sponsors it looks like it could happen in grand style so I am asking those of you who have supported my efforts for the 'A' Series community to help out so that Jacque can have what might be a life altering experience.

Attached File  Rocker composite 72dpi.jpg   354.03K   61 downloads
JV doing valve train setup.

How so?

Here is the deal. If I can get sufficient backing from some commercial entity to bring me, my wife and Jacque over for the summer 2013 then Nick Swift and Swiftune has the rest covered.

As I have hinted at before Nick volenteered to teach Jacque how to drive all the major UK tracks in a Mini. Sure this will be a little different for her because all of her road race experience will be rear wheel drive sitting behind a a thundering V8. Fun though this may be I can tell you quite categorically that an all out race mini is more fun yet. That's what I want Jacque to experience.

But I don't want this experience to fade into the past with little or nothing to show for it so I thought it may be something of a good idea to make a 1 hour documentry and Jacques stay in the UK and how she interacts with Nick both at the track and in the workshop. (what a great advertising deal that would be for the right commercial entity) Has anybody got contacts here???

Let's face it, there are just not to many 16 year old girls with pro grade race driving skills and the ability to build their own race engines (dynoed her first engine at age 11). That's got to be somthing of a first. Also just imagine the 'in car' video footage with Nick showing Jacque the ropes around some of UK most famous tracks - then watch her follow his footsteps.

Attached File  DSC01925a large.jpg   1.73MB   55 downloads

The program would involve Jacque and I working at Swiftune 3-4 days a week and then one day a week at whatever track was the choice at that time. Jacque reckons if she can assemble 600 hp V8's she ought to get the hang of building a mini engine pretty quick. I, on the other hand, will man the phone on a special line to answer tech calls and hopefully sell at least a few of you some Swiftune race parts.

So how is all this going to happen. Simple - just hit http://www.facebook.com/jacquevizard and make a guess as to how much output Jacque's current engine for the Boss 302 Mustang she is drag racing this year makes for torque and hp. If that site gets lots of hits sponsors take notice - when they like what they see they hand out money. When they hand out money (enough that is) we buy tickets for UK summer 2013.

OK so you might not want a big block Chevy book but if any Mini owner wins (and there are 3 chances at that) you can opt for a dedicated and autographed copy of the big yellow book.

I hope you and all my mini fans out there will help on this project and I look forward to 10 weeks in the UK spending as much time meeting as many of you as I am physically able.

Spread the word please.

David Vizard

#2 Jamie_hail

Jamie_hail

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 555 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 05:30 PM

What an amazing idea - Definately going to take part.
Also, you might want to shove a paypal link or something up so people can donate towards the cause. I'd certainly send a few bob over! You're a lucky man to have such a talented daughter, something like this needs done before she goes onto much bigger and faster things!

#3 mab01uk

mab01uk

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,796 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Cooper Register

Posted 24 February 2012 - 08:30 PM

David,

Might be worth contacting 'Minifilms' below about the documentary idea?

"Minifilms was formed in 2003 by Ian Stent and Paul Harmer to produce automotive DVDs for the consumer market.
Given that both have worked on a freelance basis for Mini World Magazine for several years (Ian as a journalist and Paul as a photographer), it seemed logical that our first title was "Ultimate Mini".
Legendary racer and builder Uncle Bill Sollis has been part of the team since the beginning, driving the cars for our action DVDs (when he's not being car-sick) and building the odd A-series here and there. Knows all there is to know about building, racing and winning in fast Minis."
http://www.minifilms...uk/aboutus.html

#4 David Vizard

David Vizard

Total Legend

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 04:11 PM

Judging by the response here I am guessing that most A Series fans are not to familiar with what this Ford engine may be putting out. Here is some help from Prostock Engine builder Terry Walters. Just click here ad look at the numbers put together by his dyno and engine guys. They are building and testing engines daily so should have as good an idea as any.

http://www.twperform...formation_id=12

Give it a try - at least you will be close if you use the numbers on this site as a guide.

DV

#5 David Vizard

David Vizard

Total Legend

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 04:11 PM

Martin,
Emailed the guys at Minifilms. Thanks for the lead.
DV

#6 iDemonix

iDemonix

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 946 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 04:50 PM

I had a complete guess, c'mon yellow bible!

#7 jakejakejake1

jakejakejake1

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 644 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 01:59 AM

I also had a guess, probably completely off, but its a no-lose situation because it doesn't cost anything to have a guess!

#8 jameswildcooper

jameswildcooper

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,991 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 02:02 PM

ive had a go :)
im also trying to get others to have a guess and like the page.

idea sounds great good luck with it!

#9 mike.

mike.

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,176 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 05:52 PM

I've had my guess!

#10 MaxAndPaddy

MaxAndPaddy

Spamela Anderson

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,700 posts
  • Name: Elvis
  • Local Club: TMF

Posted 26 February 2012 - 05:57 PM

I dont/wont do FaceBook so sorry I cant join in....but best of luck!!

#11 RawlinsGTR

RawlinsGTR

Formally known as Dog

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,046 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 05:59 PM

I hope your daughter realises how lucky she is..

It's a good idea.

#12 MrBounce

MrBounce

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,562 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 07:15 PM

I have put in my lucky guess. Here's hoping... ;D

#13 gazza01

gazza01

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 644 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 11:03 PM

Why don't you put your hand in your pocket and buy the tickets yourself like the rest of us have too.

#14 Tahiti Joe

Tahiti Joe

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 663 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 11:20 PM

Why don't you put your hand in your pocket and buy the tickets yourself like the rest of us have too.

You realise this is nearly 2 years old right?

#15 tractor

tractor

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 02:03 PM

I never read this the first time round so just read it now...

I don't get what he was trying to do here? His daughter wanted to come over and race some minis so to pay for the trip he was going to make a documentary?

Did it ever happen?

Trac

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users