27 replies to this topic

#1 Jacksimo

Jacksimo

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 01:48 AM

Hello people, I'm 17 soon and need to look for a good insurance company, i've been quoted £3000-£7000 by various companys. Does anyone know any cheap insurance companys for Classic mini Insurance? Thanks - Jack :proud:

#2 Ryang556

Ryang556

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,747 posts
  • Local Club: Top Mini

Posted 04 July 2012 - 02:08 AM

Have you tried Graham Sykes insurance yet? Just make sure you get on the modified policy as it's a lot cheaper, you only need something as small as new wheels or something :D

#3 Jacksimo

Jacksimo

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 02:18 AM

I'll have a look. I'm buying new wheels for my mini anyways so that's a bonus! Thankyou - Jack

#4 Jacksimo

Jacksimo

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 01:08 PM

I've just recieved a quote from Graham sykes for £1490 Third party fire and theft and with 1 additional driver.

#5 joewf10

joewf10

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 382 posts
  • Local Club: on lookout

Posted 04 July 2012 - 04:32 PM

I've just recieved a quote from Graham sykes for £1490 Third party fire and theft and with 1 additional driver.

what engine size do you have

#6 Jacksimo

Jacksimo

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 07:57 PM

Sorry for the late reply, i have a 998cc engine.

#7 GeorgeD

GeorgeD

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 09:34 PM

im with graham sykes on a modified policy and although they are the cheapest its taken them 3 attempts to actually set up my cover correctly due to a lack of communication within the sales department. because of this my insurance rose £400 compared to their initial quote. not pleased at all ! im sure this was just bad luck and probably a one off but my personal experience with them has been far from acceptable. just make sure you ask for them to go over the whole policy every time you call . good luck

#8 Ryang556

Ryang556

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,747 posts
  • Local Club: Top Mini

Posted 04 July 2012 - 09:41 PM

Graham Sykes have been fine for me, that's not a bad quote you have there mate :proud:

Not every company is perfect would have been some bad experiences somewhere so I'd go with that if I was you :D

#9 SamMayfair1996

SamMayfair1996

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 04:10 PM

A broker called "Only Young Drivers". I was 19 when I took out the policy with 1 years no claims and its just over £800 for the year paying monthly.

#10 PurpleXrA1NX

PurpleXrA1NX

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 148 posts
  • Local Club: MMC (MEDWAYMINICLUB)

Posted 07 July 2012 - 07:35 AM

ive just passed yesterday and only 17 aswell, on a 89 austin mayfair 998, having no luck with insurance mines 7-8k on my own

however i just clicked on co-ops normal insurance(no silly blackbox) used my dads details as policy holder it was £147 full comp then i added mine it came to just over £1k
also it has agreed value of £3k and 4k miles annually

sounds to good to be true but i keep checking the details and they all seem correct, will call and make sure when they open :)
wish me luck ;)

#11 mini-luke

mini-luke

Postman Pat

• Traders
  • 2,362 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 08:15 AM

That'd would be fronting and leave you uninsured in the event of an accident as you're lying about who the main driver is.

#12 PurpleXrA1NX

PurpleXrA1NX

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 148 posts
  • Local Club: MMC (MEDWAYMINICLUB)

Posted 07 July 2012 - 05:35 PM

yes thats right, not good, but luckily i got another qoute in my name from grayham sykes, they asked for my minifourm membership and everything i took the advice of someone on here and told them about my wheels and bucket seats wierdly it makes it cheaper?, they said they have this classic mini sceme thingy on anyway fully comp £3k agreed value and 3k miles my name only came to £1275.90 they asked alot of questions like what will i use it for and the location i mainly travel to and stuff i just said my school which is only down the road. they took 2 days to call me back about the quote.

anyway happy lad, finally know what its like to drive a mini !!!!!

all i can say is keep calling and keep calling, i must of had about 15 quotes over 5-6k but in the end i found one which i say is fairly decent for a 17 year old.

good luck everyone else

#13 minge7

minge7

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 12:39 PM

yes thats right, not good, but luckily i got another qoute in my name from grayham sykes, they asked for my minifourm membership and everything i took the advice of someone on here and told them about my wheels and bucket seats wierdly it makes it cheaper?, they said they have this classic mini sceme thingy on anyway fully comp £3k agreed value and 3k miles my name only came to £1275.90 they asked alot of questions like what will i use it for and the location i mainly travel to and stuff i just said my school which is only down the road. they took 2 days to call me back about the quote.

anyway happy lad, finally know what its like to drive a mini !!!!!

all i can say is keep calling and keep calling, i must of had about 15 quotes over 5-6k but in the end i found one which i say is fairly decent for a 17 year old.

good luck everyone else

How do you get your miniforum number pls?
Am going through this right now and can't get under two and a half k!

#14 BenCoul

BenCoul

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 04:14 PM

Regarding Graham Sykes and putting it on their 'modified' policy. They wouldn't let me. But I found Graham Sykes to be the cheapest for myself at £2600 on their classic mini scheme

#15 Alex_B

Alex_B

Doesn't put foot in mouth enough!

• TMF+ Member
  • 4,573 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 04:23 PM

Geez I cant wait till I have some no claims bonus! Im 19 recently passed and atm £1400 for my 998 is what I am paying with adrian flux

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users