#1 stretch tech

stretch tech

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,363 posts
  • Local Club: A5 & Mini Mainiacs

Posted 05 August 2012 - 11:32 AM

hi all, i need some help deciding what to do to my mini. can someone please shop some rear mudflaps onto my mini (the black ones you can get that have the word MINI in big block white letters - http://www.ebay.co.u...8#ht_500wt_1022) and lower it at the back to the same height as the front

Posted Image

Posted Image

and just for fun could some one slam it please :lol: i also wouldn't mind if you go wild with it just so i can get some inspiration =]

much appreciated

Rhys

#2 Noah

Noah

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,136 posts
  • Local Club: Essex Mini Club

Posted 05 August 2012 - 12:15 PM

I'll just do it know. Give me 15 mins.

#3 Noah

Noah

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 4,136 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 12:27 PM

Attached File  DSCF4802 copy.jpg   90.48K   40 downloads

Let me just say how beautiful your car is :P, But defiantly needs lows. I've got a set of Hi-lo's on the way for Mia, will let you know what the drop is like. also on 12" mini lights

#4 stretch tech

stretch tech

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,363 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 12:36 PM

Let me just say how beautiful your car is :P, But defiantly needs lows. I've got a set of Hi-lo's on the way for Mia, will let you know what the drop is like. also on 12" mini lights

thank you.......i like.......i like a lot :w00t: cheers for that matey, i really want to drop the back a little, since that pic, the front has settled down to about 1.5 inch of clearance and that is what i want it to be like all round...i might just cut down my trumpets a bit rather than buy a lowering kit :whistling:

#5 Noah

Noah

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 4,136 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 12:40 PM

thank you.......i like.......i like a lot :w00t: cheers for that matey, i really want to drop the back a little, since that pic, the front has settled down to about 1.5 inch of clearance and that is what i want it to be like all round...i might just cut down my trumpets a bit rather than buy a lowering kit :whistling:

Lol post a wanted add for some rear hi-lo's, safer lol. I tried the mudflaps but the image was too low quality and couldnt find one on google. however i think that the flaps would ruin the lines of the car.

#6 stretch tech

stretch tech

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,363 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 01:04 PM

i would but i'm tight and like to save money on things if i can make some myself >_< plus if i screw it up i can always buy a proper kit then :proud: yeah i'm still unsure if i should get some or not, if i lower it, they may drag O_O

cheers buddy

Rhys

#7 Noah

Noah

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 4,136 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 01:09 PM

Dude, you think you tight, Im trying to get essentially the same amount of welding done as you for under a grand.

#8 stretch tech

stretch tech

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,363 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 01:19 PM

Dude, you think you tight, Im trying to get essentially the same amount of welding done as you for under a grand.

me and my dad did all mine ourselves :shifty: why don't you try the welding yourself ?

#9 Noah

Noah

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 4,136 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 01:26 PM

My dad isn't the most hands on type of guy, infact he doens't really know how to drill anything, the only person who was hands on in my family was my grandad and he died in 04 :P.

So everything I do is with no help at all, thats why. Also not to do the sobb storyy or anything, my family arene't exactly the richest of people. far from it and we live in london the most expensive place in england lol. So it's all incredibly slow process of buying bits, doing it waiting a while lol.

#10 stretch tech

stretch tech

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,363 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 01:46 PM

My dad isn't the most hands on type of guy, infact he doens't really know how to drill anything, the only person who was hands on in my family was my grandad and he died in 04 :P.

So everything I do is with no help at all, thats why. Also not to do the sobb storyy or anything, my family arene't exactly the richest of people. far from it and we live in london the most expensive place in england lol. So it's all incredibly slow process of buying bits, doing it waiting a while lol.

oh i see, i'm lucky, my dad's been a mechanic for 30 years........i'm sorry about your grandad mate -_-

how much have you been quoted for the work ? (if you don't mind my asking)

#11 Noah

Noah

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 4,136 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 01:50 PM

oh i see, i'm lucky, my dad's been a mechanic for 30 years........i'm sorry about your grandad mate -_-

how much have you been quoted for the work ? (if you don't mind my asking)

Its fine, he was a awesome man, who fought cancer for 8 years and after all of that, he had a heart attack. That may come of harsh but its the type of thing we'd laugh about.

£1200 but I haven't shopped around yet. I'm not entirely sure how much it should cost.

#12 stretch tech

stretch tech

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,363 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 01:59 PM

damn shame for you mate, my grandad died last year during my gcse finals O_O but your right, you have to laugh about these things or else they just become hard to talk about.

panels should cost around £300-£500 for patterns no idea on herritage so £1200 seems ok-ish as there is easily 100+ man hours involved in repairs, but i'd still shop around, it's a shame your so far away as i'd give you a price to do the work ;D

#13 freshairmini

freshairmini

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,718 posts
  • Local Club: Winchester Area Mini Owners

Posted 05 August 2012 - 02:02 PM

£1200 isn't too bad (depending on what needs to be done). I got quoted £2500 and £1600 to do a-panels, arches and fix a hole by the rear window.

#14 Noah

Noah

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 4,136 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 02:04 PM

£1200 isn't too bad (depending on what needs to be done). I got quoted £2500 and £1600 to do a-panels, arches and fix a hole by the rear window.

This was for front end, flitch panels, scuttle and windscreen surround, upper dash rail rear valance, think i need some floor being done aswell.

Doesn't include the cost of panels.

#15 stretch tech

stretch tech

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,363 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 02:10 PM

This was for front end, flitch panels, scuttle and windscreen surround, upper dash rail rear valance, think i need some floor being done aswell.

Doesn't include the cost of panels.

similar to what mine needed then barr i repaired the surround and flitch panels instead and my rear quarters needed work, how are your sills ? i'd be surprised if they don't need work :lol:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users