#1 BADROBOT

BADROBOT

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 06:44 PM

Hi Guys,
I need to buy new rear shocks and springs for my vtec Zcars frame, what are the best ones to buy. I was going to get Protech coilovers but i dont know what poundage of springs to get with them or the right model number of the shocks.
Any help will be greatly appreciated, thanks.... Dougie

#2 edsmini

edsmini

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 07:06 AM

phone Zcars, im sure they will have plenty in stock and they are very competetive with the prices usually.

Ed

#3 BADROBOT

BADROBOT

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 08:08 PM

thanks, i got a quote of protech but they dont know what poundage of springs required, so help please!

#4 R1mini

R1mini

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,385 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 11:10 AM

Phone Z Cars, they should have them in stock

#5 BADROBOT

BADROBOT

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 06:27 PM

I have emailed Zcars several times but got no reply. I need to get the springs locally as i live in Jersey and get ripped of with postage charges so any help would be appreciated,thanks...........Dougie

#6 R1mini

R1mini

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,385 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 02:59 PM

I have emailed Zcars several times but got no reply. I need to get the springs locally as i live in Jersey and get ripped of with postage charges so any help would be appreciated,thanks...........Dougie

Got you Dougie, my spring rates were for a bike engined build so it was 200lbs on the rear, I found one mention of rear spring rates of 350lb for a car engined z cars mini, 400lbs also rings a bell from memory, surely you would think that one of the many car engined z cars owners would know and be able to help you

Cheers
David

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users